• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you're waiting/wanting to play

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Due to a busy schedule, I have much less time for gaming these days. As a result, the games that I own but have yet to play are sat on a shelf just waiting to be picked up.

Do you have any games on your shelves that you've yet to play? Or maybe some games that you haven't actually bought yet but you really want to play?

The games sat currently waiting to be played on my shelves are:

God of War
L.A. Noire
Red Dead Redemption II
Sonic Mania Plus
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Little Nightmares

D

Deleted member 21244

Well there are many of them, most of them are not out yet

- resident evil 3
- final fantasy 7
- the last of us 2

The one that instead are out but i didn't manage to play but i would love to play are
- dragon ball fighter z
- red dead redemption 1 and 2
- the evil whitin 2

Also i don't know way but all this rumor surrounding a dino crisis remake make me want to replay
- dino crisis 1 and 2

Before re 3 cames out i will definitely replay the original one, so I'm exited to replay it to

Mr.R

Well, of course I do plan on playing this year's great releases, like RE3, FF7 and Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm gonna focus on the games that I have on my shelves, waiting to be played.

- Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus (I bought super cheap last year, but I ended put it down for other games, but I intend to go back and finish. Or actually go back and restarting.)

- Assassin's Creed 4 (Yeah yeah, I know it's amazing. A few years back I finished AC3 and I was ready to get on with 4 but...other games appeared.)

- Bloodstained Curse of the Moon (I think I'll play this after I finish Day's Gone, to get a break from shooting things)

- God of War (2018): I was never a huge God of War fan. I played the first and second and altough I liked the gameplay, I had a HUGE dislike for Kratos. I never played anything else on the series. When I bought my PS4 in 2018's Black Friday, it came with a three game bundle (Uncharted 4, GT Sport and God of War). I devoured Uncharted 4, since I'm a fan of the series, and then moved to other games. But I watched some videos and some folks playing and I know Kratos isn't that unlikeable anymore, so I really plan on give this one a try soon.

- Clock Tower 3 (I remember playing for one hour or so a few years ago. It didn't looked so bad, except for some horrible voice acting). Might as well restart and go through to the end.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm actually not super familiar with any upcoming titles this year, as I haven't been paying the largest attention to the gaming scene...That said:

- Personal 5: The Royal
- R3make

I will be sinking MANY hours into these games once they drop. Persona ESPECIALLY.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Some newer titles that I am looking forward to are:

The Last of Us 2

Resident Evil 3 remake

Predator: Hunting Grounds

Some games that I wish I could find the time (and courage) to play through:

Alien Isolation

Outlast

Dead Space 1-3 (I got far in the first one and just never got around to beating it, I still went out and bought 2 and 3 but have yet to open them)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Some newer titles that I am looking forward to are:

The Last of Us 2

Resident Evil 3 remake

Predator: Hunting Grounds

Some games that I wish I could find the time (and courage) to play through:

Alien Isolation

Outlast

Dead Space 1-3 (I got far in the first one and just never got around to beating it, I still went out and bought 2 and 3 but have yet to open them)
OMG, I wanna play Alien Isolation so bad...Have you never had a chance to play Outlast???

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
OMG, I wanna play Alien Isolation so bad...Have you never had a chance to play Outlast???
You must play Alien Isolation ASAP. It’s coming along very slowly for me because I’m a straight up chicken, but the amount of details within this game is stunning... it’s story makes it a worthy sequel to the actual movie franchise. Amanda Ripley is a character you can actually enjoy and relate to, despite being in first person. I can’t get over the ship designs too... if given the proper budget and treatment, it would adapt well for a tv series.

I got a couple hours into Outlast... and when I say a couple hours I mean I was inching around afraid to turn every corner lol. The setting and story seems great though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You must play Alien Isolation ASAP. It’s coming along very slowly for me because I’m a straight up chicken, but the amount of details within this game is stunning... it’s story makes it a worthy sequel to the actual movie franchise. Amanda Ripley is a character you can actually enjoy and relate to, despite being in first person. I can’t get over the ship designs too... if given the proper budget and treatment, it would adapt well for a tv series.

I got a couple hours into Outlast... and when I say a couple hours I mean I was inching around afraid to turn every corner lol. The setting and story seems great though.
I absolutely love the two Alien movies. (Yes...Two...That's all there are...), and the chance to see Ripley's daughter AND in a horror game...I want it so bad T-T

Murrdogg93

I am mainly focused on RE 3 only for upcoming games. All other games I want are for my Switch. I'm not interested in The Last of Us Part 2, considering RE 3 is sooner. Also, I ended up liking RE games more than The Last of Us, & I didn't even play RE first.

I still have a bunch of Nintendo games to pick up that I never got to buy. I don't get to buy games often. Usually 2 or 3 per year. So I'm always behind. I still need other titles like Hyrule Warriors, Mario Tennis Aces, Dragon Quest 11, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc.

Currently I'm playing through Breath of the Wild & Link's Awakening. I'm over 50 hours into Breath of the Wild, near the Yiga Clan hideout on the quest line to free my final divine beast before fighting Ganon. Link's Awakening, I only have 2 dungeons to finish to beat the game.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I like Alien 3! At least when I’m in the mood to ****ter the happy ending of Aliens. The dog Alien design is one of my favorites from the series.
I like so many of the concepts of Alien 3 ...Just not the execution.
Althought I gotta give props to killing of Noot right from the beginning...Damn. Ballsy. I did like that execution
However, I've heard Isolation is the TRUE follow up the franchise needed. I'm just surprised they even decided to make another Alien game after Colonel Marines XD

Turo602

The King of Kings
My backlog is massive. This isn't even half of it, but these are some I'd like to get to in the near future.

• Alien: Isolation
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity
  • Bioshock
  • Control
  • Days Gone
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Dead Space 3
  • Devil May Cry V
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • DOOM (2016)
  • Dying Light
  • The Evil Within 2
  • God of War (2018)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Metroid Prime
  • Quantum Break
  • Red Dead Redemption II
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • State of Decay 2
  • Titanfall 2
  • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Yoshi's Crafted World

Haven't picked up Borderlands 3 yet, but my next purchase is definitely Resident Evil 3, which is gonna take priority, so, sorry backlog.

D

Deleted member 21244

Althought I gotta give props to killing of Noot right from the beginning...Damn. Ballsy. I did like that execution
However, I've heard Isolation is the TRUE follow up the franchise needed. I'm just surprised they even decided to make another Alien game after Colonel Marines XD
Alien isolation is a wonderful game and definitely a must play for a fan of the franchise , i also played the dlc, the whole game is amazing, what an atmosphere, you definitely feel the tension and you feel like you are in the alien universe

Colonial marine was good at least on pc because it had all the upgrade while the console version were bad because they didn't receive the patch whit all rhe graphic change, on pc it's a completely different game

Also if you like alien i suggest you to watch the assembly cut of alien 3 whit more than 37 minutes of scene, that totally change the movie and also part of the story, and it definitely better

Murrdogg93

Well Colonial Marines was done by Gear Box Software, who seemingly neglected the game to focus on Borderlands 2. Even having part of the game developed by Time Gate Studios instead of themselves.

Alien Isolation was developed by Creative Assembly, who never did horror games before, typically making strategy games. But they seemingly were fully focused on their game.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Ones I own but have yet to play and/or finish:
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • God of War
  • The Witcher 3
  • Half Life 2
  • Days Gone
  • Vampyr
  • Devil May Cry 5
Games I definitely want to buy:
  • Resident Evil 3 remake
  • Final Fantasy VII remake
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
  • Destroy All Humans remake

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ones I own but have yet to play and/or finish:
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • God of War
  • The Witcher 3
  • Half Life 2
  • Days Gone
  • Vampyr
  • Devil May Cry 5
Games I definitely want to buy:
  • Resident Evil 3 remake
  • Final Fantasy VII remake
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
  • Destroy All Humans remake
I've been playing Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot actually. And I'm actually having trouble deciding if I should recommend it or not. The combat is very standard Bandai Namco anime game. Ya know, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja, Jump Force, etc. etc. If that kind of...simplistic fighter is your thing. Awesome. You'll enjoy it. The side quests are SUPER repetitive and kinda boring. But the dialogue before and after? That can be incredibly funny. The skill tree and learning special movies is fun, but it seems to be dictated by game progress, so it doens't feel like quite as much of an accomplishment when you get certain moves. The best part is definitely the open world, and the social linking. The social linking calls out to my completionist mentality, and the open world is just a joy to travel around.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
At the moment my eyes are fixed at the RE3 remake, but I'm also looking forward to be playing The Last of Us II in the summer. I was also previously kind of excited about Cyberpunk 2077 until I realized that the game is going to be completely in first-person. Seriously, what's the point in being able to customize your own character's hair, clothing etc if you're not gonna see it anyway?

Then there are some "older" games that I haven't played yet, but might possibly give a try if the discount in the PS Store is worth it:

- The Witcher 3
- Agony
- Vampyr
- Call of Cthulhu
- The Sinking City
- Spider-Man 2018
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- Death Stranding

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My list isn't very long but I haven't been putting as much of a priority on gaming as I'm transitioning between careers now that I've finished school. That being said, I plan on purchasing:

R3make
Cyberpunk
The Last if Us 2
Doom Eternal
Diablo IV
Whatever Hideo Kojima is currently working on even though I'm sure we won't see it for years.

I want to try the new Final Fantasy VII after being introduced to the series by way of Final Fantasy XV but I don't know if I will buy it.

At the moment my eyes are fixed at the RE3 remake, but I'm also looking forward to be playing The Last of Us II in the summer. I was also previously kind of excited about Cyberpunk 2077 until I realized that the game is going to be completely in first-person. Seriously, what's the point in being able to customize your own character's hair, clothing etc if you're not gonna see it anyway?

Then there are some "older" games that I haven't played yet, but might possibly give a try if the discount in the PS Store is worth it:

- The Witcher 3
- Agony
- Vampyr
- Call of Cthulhu
- The Sinking City
- Spider-Man 2018
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- Death Stranding

Hellblade was amazing in my opinion. It sat with me the kind of the way that Journey did (another one of my favorites). It's not as long or complex as other games I've played, but getting the chance to get so close to Senua during a time of great sorrow and vulnerability for her is a very special experience, especially as you feel her pain and doubt as it manifests in her generally disturbing mental afflictions that you, as the player, have no choice but to experience with her. You won't regret playing.

And of course I think we all know how I feel about Death Stranding at this point (see my post in The Last Game You Finished and Rate It). It definitely must be experienced.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Another thing I'm waiting for, hasn't technically been announced...But I'm sure an announcment is coming sometime this year. Next year is the 30th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog. So whatever they release in regards to that, I'm waiting for in earnest.

Top Bottom