• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Character Voices

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
She acctually sounded alot like Ali Hillis . I might be wrong though.

Yeah I heard that one a lot actually. But as a longtime and pretty die hard Final Fantasy fan I know Ali´s voice in and out and something about Claires voice in Rev 2 feels off for it to be Ali. Not to mention that Ali already voiced a major RE character (Jessica) in the first Rev. Capcom never uses the same VA twice within the canon games for two different major characters

meg5493

Really love Alyson Court as Claire for nostalgic reasons and i've gone back to play Persona 4 on my ps2 and I really prefer Chie's original VA

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Really love Alyson Court as Claire for nostalgic reasons and i've gone back to play Persona 4 on my ps2 and I really prefer Chie's original VA

I like Erin's Chie more. She suits her more and I think she's a better voice actress. Tracey does have a nice voice though.

meg5493

I like Erin's Chie more. She suits her more and I think she's a better voice actress. Tracey does have a nice voice though.
Its one of those continuous arguments in persona which Chie voice sounds better at this point whether you like it or not Erin is the default for Chie which is fine though Tracey gets alot of hate nowadays neither one is terrible imo

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Wow I forgot a couple favorites of mine...

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn- basically everything she's done for the Silent Hill series and now REvelations 2 as Alex Wesker.

Heather Morris who played Heather Mason (and inspired her character's name) in Silent Hill 3.

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Oh gosh, I don't ever really pay attention to people's voices unless it's music. I'm going to say Thomas Gibson as Hotch in Criminal Minds. I could listen to that man talk about grisly murders all day long.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Let’s see… here are my favorite voice actors
  • Jennifer Hale: Female Commander Shepard (Mass Effect),Naomi Hunter (Metal Gear Solid), Samus Aran (Metroid Prime)
  • Mark Meer: Male Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
  • Kimberly Brooks: Ashley Williams (Mass Effect)
  • Nolan North: Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
  • Claudia Black: Chloe Frazer (Uncharted), Morrigan (Dragon Age)
  • Patricia Ja Lee: Jill Valentine (Resident Evil). I loved her voice. Never understood why they changed it. I loathe Michelle Ruff as Jill with passion. She has the emotional range of an Elcor:angry:
  • Roger Craig Smith: Chris Redfield (Resident Evil), Kyle Crane (Dying Light), Ezio (Assassin’s Creed)
  • D.C. Douglas: Wesker (Resident Evil), Legion (Mass Effect)
  • Brandon Keener: Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect). I swear to god Brandon voices literally every second character in Fallout 4. It’s like Garrus is everywhere xD
  • Freddie Prinze Jr.: James Vega (Mass Effect)
  • Courtnay Taylor: Ada (Resident Evil), Sole Survivor aka Nora (Fallout) and Jack (Mass Effect)
  • Brian Bloom: Varric Tethras (Dragon Age)
Yep, most of my faves are from Bioware games, but that’s what I can think of right now.

Steve Valentine - Alistair Theirin (Dragon Age)

Miranda Raison - Cassandra Pentaghast (Dragon Age)
I like them too ;)

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Oh gosh, I don't ever really pay attention to people's voices unless it's music. I'm going to say Thomas Gibson as Hotch in Criminal Minds. I could listen to that man talk about grisly murders all day long.

I am always disheartened when people look down on VAs because IMO they deserve every bit as respect and credit for their hard work as any movie actor. They work really hard and use only their voice to bring a character to life, often completely immersing themself in it (Just watch people like Mark Hamill and Troy Baker work) and I wish people would appreciate them more because a great VA performance is really integral for a (story driven) video game experience today. I am glad that VAs are finally getting more recognition but it still makes me very upset if VA are not taken serious for their work or are somehow deemed as inferior to "normal" actors.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I am always disheartened when people look down on VAs because IMO they deserve every bit as respect and credit for their hard work as any movie actor. They work really hard and use only their voice to bring a character to life, often completely immersing themself in it (Just watch people like Mark Hamill and Troy Baker work) and I wish people would appreciate them more because a great VA performance is really integral for a (story driven) video game experience today. I am glad that VAs are finally getting more recognition but it still makes me very upset if VA are not taken serious for their work or are somehow deemed as inferior to "normal" actors.

I don't think she was looking down on voice actors or anything, that's just not what she really pays attention to.

black 93

Troy Baker - (Guys amazing in everything he's in)
Ashley Johnson- Ellie (the last of us)
Kevin Conroy - Batman
Mark Hamill- Joker
Roger Craig Smith- Chris Redfield
Patricia Ja Lee- Jill Valentine
DC Douglas- Albert Wesker
John Noble- Scarecrow (Batman Arkham Knight)
Alyson Court- Claire Redfield
Laura Bailey (in general she's just really good)
Nolan North ( love this guy, really like him as the penguin)

Probably missed some but these are the ones that sprang to mind.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I don't think she was looking down on voice actors or anything, that's just not what she really pays attention to.

I didn´t say she did even though it did sound a bit condescending what she said, I was speaking in general terms as her comment reminded me of the fact that a lot of people still look down on VAs and refuse to acknowledge their great work or legitimacy. But I didn´t mean that La Femme was like that. It just reminded me of those who are.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Death stroke, I am completely and utterly baffled as to why you thought I was being condescending - it was certainly not my intention. I rarely play video games anymore and I don't watch animated pictures - I haven't intentionally stumbled on the work of voice actors in years. I was not, in any way, trying to make a statement about anything. I don't think anyone else thought I was being condescending or looking down on voice actors either.

Thanks for the support, Maddy. I appreciate it. :)

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Death stroke, I am completely and utterly baffled as to why you thought I was being condescending - it was certainly not my intention. I rarely play video games anymore and I don't watch animated pictures - I haven't intentionally stumbled on the work of voice actors in years. I was not, in any way, trying to make a statement about anything. I don't think anyone else thought I was being condescending or looking down on voice actors either.

Thanks for the support, Maddy. I appreciate it. :)

I never said you were being condescending or anything, just that it came across a bit that way. But I never made a statement about you being any of those things I was talking about. *sigh* the internet is such a minefield, always having to make sure you´re not offending anyone. Somehow conversations in real life are a lot easier.

I am curious though, if you rarely play games anymore (I was already baffled by your recent statement that you haven´t played RE 3 in like a decade. Do you even still play RE games anymore?), then why are you still here on a site that focuses on a video game franchise? Don´t get me wrong I don´t mean any offense by that and I do enjoy your presence here, I just wonder why you choose to be on a website/forum that is primarily about something you have lost nearly all interest in. Wouldn´t it be much more productive for you to instead invest your time into a website that is about stuff you´re still passionate about?

I don´t think I would have ever come back here after my hiatus if I were not into RE anymore.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
It's kind of ironic, Death stroke, that you sort of off-handedly accused me of being easily offended when all I did was come to my own defence after you called me condescending. LOL.

Anyway, I have nothing to justify to you, bud. I didn't do anything wrong here in any of my posts in this thread. Not that it's any of your business, I have been here for seven years and I love and care for the core group of members here, who have also been around for years. I'm not going to argue with you. Thank you.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
It's kind of ironic, Death stroke, that you sort of off-handedly accused me of being easily offended when all I did was come to my own defence after you called me condescending. LOL.

Anyway, I have nothing to justify to you, bud. I didn't do anything wrong here in any of my posts in this thread. Not that it's any of your business, I have been here for seven years and I love and care for the core group of members here, who have also been around for years. I don't do fights well, so I'm not going to argue with you. Thank you.

I was just asking in a friendly way. I am not looking for a fight (Why so aggressive all of a sudden?), I was just genuinally curious. You could have just said that you´re still here because of the members and it would have been perfectly fine instead of getting so snappy. I was trying to make sure that I did not mean any offense and yet you thought I was asking you to justify yourself and took it as offense anyway.

And I never called you condescending. I said your comment sounded a bit condescending to me. But I never called you personally condescending or anything else.

I speak to you with courtesy and in a friendly manner. I would appreciate it if you do the same. There is zero need for that hostility.

Thank You.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I don't believe I am being hostile at all. Dismissive, yes. We already banned you for your behaviour years ago precisely for the way you react to people you disagree with, so I'm annoyed that it appears to be happening again. This is off-topic, so if you'd like to speak to me, you can do so in a PM.

And just so you know - speak down to me again and you're done here.

Top Bottom