• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake False promises about the remake?

Jamesy

Why do you think capcom made so many promises about the re3 remake that turned out to be exaggerated?

Hardware

I don't really recall false promises about the remake...save for Nemesis tracking you down in a more challenging way than Mr. X, which is a half truth: he can be pretty relentless and savage, but the problem is that he doesn't get enough time\space to do it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think it was more that reports came out about an earlier build before they neutered it and rushed it out than it was Capcom actually promising anything. It sucks they ruined the game, but they also never showed anything from that version of the game or promised anything that wasn't in the final game.

Hardware

I cannot escape the idea the suppressor for the Glock was originally supposed to be used to not lure Nemesis: in RE:2, Mr.X is lured by gunshots, after all.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
They didn't promise anything, they actually kept most of the game a secret until release. Which was a smart tactic considering they obviously knew how much they had left out or changed. After the RE2 remake everyone took for granted that most of the original content would be there at least in some capacity, very few people dared to consider the possibility that more than 50% of the original game's content would be completely left out. The only "false promises" are the ones that disappointed fans made up themselves afterwards.

But come on, I don't really like the RE3 remake either but making a whole new thread about this feels like a stretch.

Hardware

But come on, I don't really like the RE3 remake either but making a whole new thread about this feels like a stretch.
I am probably one of the few ones who liked it to an extent. The writing and acting is great. The graphics are excellent. It's just too short and the last part feels rushed. But it's far from what the fans describe it to be.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I am probably one of the few ones who liked it to an extent. The writing and acting is great. The graphics are excellent. It's just too short and the last part feels rushed. But it's far from what the fans describe it to be.
Same. I enjoyed it because it's essentially more Resident Evil 2 and it offered a fresh and modern perspective into an iconic story in the Resident Evil franchise. I also felt like it found a great balance between horror and action, showing that both can co-exist when handled properly and still feel like Resident Evil. But it still doesn't really feel like a noteworthy or fully realized experience to me the way something like Resident Evil 5 did, and that's coming from someone who prefers survival horror in their Resident Evil.

I will say though, in terms of false promises, what really hurt Resident Evil 3 was Capcom's dishonesty when it came to marketing the game. Let's be real, this game feels like an expansion DLC to Resident Evil 2 and they treated it like a triple A 60 dollar experience that HAPPENS to include the "online game" Resistance for free because they're such generous peeps, when the reality was they're both 30 dollar games bundled together to make it feel like one beefier game despite them pushing Resident Evil 3 as a standalone main attraction.

Hardware

RE:3 is too polished and has too much original content to just be a DLC - it feels like a game that was rushed and so parts of it are kind of incomplete. According to notorious leaker Aesthetic Gamer\Dusk Golem, the game has been in development for about three years - I believe him, but we all know these games never have a smooth development (RE:2 was scrapped at least once - the version we got was made in the last year and a half of a 4 years development cycle), so my two cents is that the devs kept going back and forth with content and Capcom eventually forced them to patch and ship it because 2020 was its intended window and it couldn't be pushed back as Village was due in 2021. So what we got is more than a DLC but less than a full-fledged game. Although I see what Capcom did here, I am not mad and I don't feel ripped off because there's enough good stuff in what I got - not as much as I wanted, but it still feels like a real RESIDENT EVIL game. Village, on the other hand, made me feel like I had somehow wasted my money. I played RE:3 for a few months and finished it at least 12 times in Normal, Hard, Nightmare and Infe. I only finished Village 4 times and I don't feel like playing it anymore.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
RE:3 is too polished and has too much original content to just be a DLC
I don't think there's any rules for how polished or how much original content belongs in a DLC. Halo 3: ODST and Uncharted: Lost Legacy were both expansions that ended up being separate games and sold for less than full retail, reflecting their smaller scale. Yet they were both extremely polished and filled with original content.

Resident Evil 3 is no different, except for the fact that Capcom tried to keep how short, linear, and scripted it was under wraps and charged full price for it while working everyone into thinking they were getting an online game as a bonus when they should have charged 30 bucks for each game and given consumers a choice. But they knew fans would be upset at the bare bones nature of RE3 and Resistance would flop. Instead, we had to learn the disappointing truth from reviewers while Capcom kept silent about the whole thing.

I don't think fans would be any less upset had they been transparent, but expectations could have at least been tempered beforehand and the whole thing could have gone over smoother. But they chose to market it like a full fledged triple A game and the final product definitely doesn't reflect that.

Murderer Enshrined

If the makers of RE3 Remake had let me play it before they released it and asked me, "So, do you think it's ready for release?", I would've said, "No. It's a great start, but it's not finished. I don't care if you take another one or two years to complete this game, if that's what you need, then please do it. It's not finished."

Still, I ask myself, why can't they just create DLCs to fill in the gaps?

These game makers are, in essence, artists. And a piece of work is often a work in progress.

CAPCOM! HANDLE!

Come on. How do you leave the clock tower out of Resident Evil 3? All you get is some boss fight, with Nemesis running around in circles, looking like some throwback or recycled copy from the ending part of Leon's campaign in Resident Evil 6 - running around like an aimless bull. Really? You gotta do better than that, pal. Again, so much potential, so much lost. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.

When I first played RE3 Remake, and I got far enough to run into Carlos and, eventually, Mikhail, I saw the rail car. And I said, "What? No, that's too soon. That's not supposed to happen now. Not yet.". I knew I was in for something that was going to disappoint me to at least some extent.

Hardware

According to this video (and it's not the first time I hear this), the intro and RPD sections were completely different according to what data miners found. If it is true, I wonder why they actually got to cut all of this - it's almost as if they really wanted the game to be tighter.

Hardware

The Hookman kind of happened at the Beneviento House in Village. I am very curious about 3.5, but it's more about the version that came BEFORE Hookmake (the Castle version), with the girl and the BOW dog we only got to see in a screen from the unreleased E3 2004 demo

Ikawaru

It's more to do with the fact that it was rushed out the door than anything. I think it needed 1 more year of development but it appears Capcom wanted a quick cash grab after REmake 2.

Ikawaru

DfXfPsq.jpg

RE has more leaks than a small town transient hotel.

I would take this with a grain of salt of course, especially since the source is 4Chan.
But to be fair, the Steam version of RE3R did have a Beta testing line going again so who knows?

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'd say it sounds too good to be true but this type of stuff ain't exactly unheard of these days. Honestly, it sounds awesome and I'd be down as hell with that.

It is weird to think though that they'd do something like this for RE3 without upgrading RE2 first. It's pretty much inevitable Capcom will make us pay for next-gen versions of these games and I've kind of always anticipated them bundling 2 and 3 together with the typical next-gen enhancements which I would have been happy with, but if they can really fix RE3 this much, I'd call that a win.

Jonipoon

The image looks fan-made and the text is broken; however this might be a translation issue if the original text was Japanese and someone just Google-translated it.

I wouldn't count on this being real, and even if it is there are plenty of warning signs. Ironically, it definitely feels like something Capcom would do in order to milk more money out of its next-gen releases.

Out of all the three RE remakes, RE3R is the one that differs the most from the original. The atmosphere is completely different, and this is not something you can simply fix by adding more levels and enemy types to the already exisiting game.

Jonipoon

It is weird to think though that they'd do something like this for RE3 without upgrading RE2 first.
True, however there really isn’t that much left to upgrade with the RE2 remake since there’s very little stuff missing from the original. You’ve got a faithful retelling of the story, all the levels plus more, the original OST, and both the Hunk and Tofu scenarios. The only thing I can think of would be improved B scenarios for Leon and Claire since they were easily the weakest parts of the game. That alone wouldn’t warrant a whole new ”Special Edition” however.

With the RE3 remake there’s simply so much more room to play around with and offer in terms of additional content. Besides the stuff mentioned in the 4Chan post, you’ve also got the Mercenaries mode which would be another sweet addition.

Top Bottom