• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Extract On Tyrants

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
So I just dug this up recently, and thought I would post it here.:) Enjoy.

As you can see, the Tyrants were difficult to make, because they needed to keep their intelligence at a certain level, and when injecting them with T, their intelligence would decline, so this was not a very efficient way to make them.
In the events of Resident Evil Survivor, it is revealed that the labs on Sheena Island had been conducting foul and inhuman experiments on children. There is a specimen that must be removed right before the secondary sex chromosomes develop, but in order to get it to work the children couldn't be dead, they had to be alive while the specimen was being extracted, and by using this method they were able to mass produce the T-103 model Tyrants.
The T-103's are superior to the previous types, such as the Proto-Tyrant, the T-002, as well as T-091, T-078, etc.:) These Tyrants were capable of carrying out orders such as killing a specific target, or retrieving something. You may remember Mr. X from RE2, he was given the order to kill Leon & Claire and to get the locket from Sherry, and after taking so much damage, it would mutate into a Super Tyrant, usually growing abnormally large tallons, or whatever, they are all different. Another prime example of this is the T-0400tp from Outbreak File#2, it was reprogrammed by Carter to kill all of the Hunters in that area, but of course the method for giving orders was faulty, as the Tyrant turned on him and Linda, and became a difficult enemy.
Umbrella did make strides to make the utlimate bioweapon, and their own Colonel Sergei Vladimir was a model for the T-103's, and specifically his personal body gaurd, Ivan, who like other T-103's had a large protective trenchcoat, but it also had some sort of glasses, so it could pass as a human.
The Nemesis project, used a T-103 Tyrant as a base, and mixed with the NE-parasite, which would completely control the host, was a very intelligent Tyrant, it was capable of not only taking orders, but also using weaponry such as the rocket launcher, and could even speak a word..."STARS".
The TALOS project is what Umbrella had been trying to achieve, the most powerful bioweapon, that could be controlled, via the Red Queen. TALOS stood for Tyrant Armored Lethal Organic System, it was what Umbrella had wanted to make all along, it could wield weapons, take orders, and was just all around the most efficent of them all.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Isn't that from WR II?
The tyrant was an ambicious program, and produced some very interesting BOWs.
I don't understand some of the things you said, like "Sergei Vladimir was a model for the T-103's". Just as a note, the "T-078" is a mass produced Tyrant T-103 modified for military training - T-078 was the batch number; the "T-091" is not actually a T-103, but it's a subspecies of it.
I'd reccomend you to take a look at the article "The Biology of Evil - part II" from Project Umbrella, it foccuses on hunters, tyrants and other unique BOW's (part I is about some of the Progenitor-family viruses).

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
You'd think with all the Tyrants they produced, and with the mutation-happy tendencies of viral genetics, Umbrella would have been able to isolate a strain that could easily turn most people into Tyrants. Hell with all the experimental models produced they could have had an army with a variety of Tyrants. If you ask me theres still progress to be made with the Tyrant Project. But I guess a perfect Tyrant Virus is something you don't want invented, like nuclear powered cars. lol.

bruno

Chief Researcher
There are strains specific for almost all BOW's. However, most complex BOW's, like tyrants, need a lot more of work, not only the virus, so it wouldn't be possible to have such a strain. Umbrella's porpose is not to have an army of tyrants, but to sell them for other people, so they try to costumize the tyrants for their costumers.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Isn't that from WR II?
The tyrant was an ambicious program, and produced some very interesting BOWs.
I don't understand some of the things you said, like "Sergei Vladimir was a model for the T-103's". Just as a note, the "T-078" is a mass produced Tyrant T-103 modified for military training - T-078 was the batch number; the "T-091" is not actually a T-103, but it's a subspecies of it.
I'd reccomend you to take a look at the article "The Biology of Evil - part II" from Project Umbrella, it foccuses on hunters, tyrants and other unique BOW's (part I is about some of the Progenitor-family viruses).

I only mentioned the T-078(the one from CVX) and the T-091(from Dead Aim) as examples of other prominent Tyrants that we have seen in the series.

T-091 a subspecies? Are you sure, this is the one with the long almost, tentacle like arms, I think it's probably it's own thing. I'll have to go back and read DA's files regarding it though.

I made this a couple years ago, and dug it up, but it's all still great info by today's standards.

Oh, regarding Sergei, I'm pretty sure it said that he was used as a model for the T-103's in UC. Again, I'll have to go back and check the files. I know for sure though, that he used his own soldiers for Tyrants, the Ivans. He felt bad about that, and that was the reason he was cutting himself.

Also, as far as the purpose of the Tyrants, as you know, Spencer's plan is to have a superior breed of humans. Pretty much, having a powerful, controllable being, that he would use as his soldiers, in his utopia. I'm sure I read that somewhere, and it's pretty obvious.

Anyway, that's pretty much what they were used for, made for. I mean, the Wesker Children Project too, though that was even less likely to succeed it seemed like. Spencer was definately using them to bring in revenue, selling them as BOWs, but he was trying to create the ultimate lifeform for sure.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Tyrant 091 is not a T-103, it's considered as a subspecies - maybe the base of production is the same, but with some changes. The "091" in it's name is a reference to the agent of t+G virus used to create it - V.0.9.1.

Sergei was one of the few people in the world which had the genetic code needed to become a tyrant. They made 10 clones of him, I believe these were used for the first tyrant models, like T-001 and T-002. Initial T-103 models were developed using the same method as the T-001 and T-002, so, they probably also used Sergei's clones. Later tyrants, like the mass produced versions of the T-103 (and the Ivans too) were created using the β Hetero Nonserotonin.

The Ivans have Head Mounted Displays, which provide information and details (useful for combat, for example), and which i don't think help blending in the society at all, lol. However, they are more civilized and, in fact, can blend better than a regulat T-103. However, i never read anything about the Ivans being his own soldiers... As a curiosity, until some point in 1998, Sergei only had the Orange HMD Ivan, he only made the other one later.

I think the "superior breed of humans" was the Wesker project. Spencer wanted to control them, and he did control Wesker, at least until some point (until they met in the Spencer Estate). Spencer was the one who leaked his location to Wesker, so he wanted Wesker to meet him, but he didn't expect to be killed by him.

I think Spencer had lost interest on Umbrella a long time ago. He mainly used it to follow Albert, Alex or any other Weskers within it. Most of the Organization's projects, like the Tyrant project, were probably controlled by the managers, and not Spencer himself.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
There are strains specific for almost all BOW's. However, most complex BOW's, like tyrants, need a lot more of work, not only the virus, so it wouldn't be possible to have such a strain. Umbrella's porpose is not to have an army of tyrants, but to sell them for other people, so they try to costumize the tyrants for their costumers.

I forgot Tyrants required surgical engineering as well. I would still think its possible to develop, or discover, a strain that could cause the necessary mutations in a wider variety of people without the chemical from the brains of sexually frustrated teenagers. Hell I'm sure theres even a way they could get anyone to produce that chemical.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I'll probably have to go into Project Umbrella to read those UC documents, if they have them. I know that he mentioned using his soldiers for something. I think it was the file in which he was talking to Nicholai, and called him, Silver Fox.

I know T-091 isn't a T-103, just mentioning a prominent Tyrant.

The Ivan's HUD glasses or whatever they were, they disguised their inhumanity a bit. I don't remember if I read that, or if it was just an observation, pretty sure I read that too.

Spencer had his fingers in every pie going on. He obviously didn't really do anything, as far as research, making any viruses or BOW's, but I'm sure he had plenty to keep himself busy.

IDK what he expected though....I mean he wanted Wesker there for some reason, not sure why....that's all still clouded in mystery. I always suspected that maybe he needed Wesker for some reason, maybe similar to Al's resurrection in RE1.

I do like that idea, but I also don't, as having someone else die and come back from the dead....is getting extremely old.

Top Bottom