• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 E3

black 93

If they really want to make some hard core remasters that will sell like hot cakes they should do devil may cry 1-3, outbreak files 1/2, onimusha box set , dino crisis . Hell they could do a kick starter fro a resident evil 2-3 remake and i guarantee you it would surpass shenmue any day of week hands down !!!!!!!!!!
yea man outbreak would do so much better today with todays online capabilities.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I am sad that theres no Resident Evil 7 or new games, but I am very excited for this and it looks beautiful !!!! How funny is it that Id rather pay full price for this and remake over Resident evil 5 or 6 ? ...LOL , Capcom come back to us !!!!

black 93

I usually feel the same way, i was gobsmacked when tomb raider and the last of us, two games that came out in 2013, got remastered in 2014. However i can make an exception with remake and zero as their both old games, were both nintendo exclusives for all these years and not everyone has had the chance to play them. Plus people have been saying how they wanted capcom to port them for years. Im not gunna deny though im extremely dissapointed with how RE7 hasnt even mentioned by capcom. Id rather them take the story forward now instead of going back all the time with revelations.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Yeah I'd love to see the story going forward too, but if they wanna do remakes and remastered, very well. Although I'm kinda disappointed now :( No mention of RE7 whatsoever? Pfft...

But maybe TGS might show us something...Or next year :p

black 93

Yeah I'd love to see the story going forward too, but if they wanna do remakes and remastered, very well. Although I'm kinda disappointed now :( No mention of RE7 whatsoever? Pfft...

But maybe TGS might show us something...Or next year :p
Yea dont get me wrong i think both revelations are awesome games, paticularly 2. I just really wanna see what happens after 6, but still its coming so not the end of the world i guess lol

N7Valentine

Yea dont get me wrong i think both revelations are awesome games, paticularly 2. I just really wanna see what happens after 6, but still its coming so not the end of the world i guess lol
I even wanna know what happened to a certain person after RE5. RE6 never gave me an answer for that. Rev2 did that but still I'm not really statisfied with that one and I have even more questions than answers lol :p Guess I just have to wait longer for RE7 then.

N7Valentine

Allright so here's some kind of interview video with Mike Lunn (Capcom product manager) about Zero HD, he mentioned about RE 2 remake around 1:00
Oh nice! We might get a RE2 remake :) Throw in RE3 and I'm sold
I wonder who that is, Pedro right? :p
How did you know xD? No but seriously, I just want some answers on Jill, I still have way too many questions. But that's just a Jill fan thing, y'know. We're hard to understand anyways...

black 93

Allright so here's some kind of interview video taken during E3 with Mike Lunn (Capcom product manager) about Zero HD, he also mentioned RE 2 remake around 1:00

considering that this was an interview about zero, its cool that the guy actually acknowledged how fans want an re2 remake. Im telling ya that game is coming. Whether its capcoms next project or if they wait till 7s out the door, they will do something with resident evil 2 someday. Personally i dont know what they're waiting for. I mean, if their willing to do it with zero which, dosent have half as many fans as 2 i dont see any excuse not to now. They have said that the success of remake surprised them so now they know people still like that old school gameplay, RE2 is one of the best selling games in the series, they've acknowledged how much people want it so what the hell capcom? bang out an RE2 remake and i promise you will be rolling in cash. Old fans who have wanted it for years and new fans who just played remake for the first time will buy that no questions asked

HELLBOY1980

How did you know xD? No but seriously, I just want some answers on Jill, I still have way too many questions. But that's just a Jill fan thing, y'know. We're hard to understand anyways...
-chris really digged the blonde hair and got her knocked up .

HELLBOY1980

considering that this was an interview about zero, its cool that the guy actually acknowledged how fans want an re2 remake. Im telling ya that game is coming. Whether its capcoms next project or if they wait till 7s out the door, they will do something with resident evil 2 someday. Personally i dont know what they're waiting for. I mean, if their willing to do it with zero which, dosent have half as many fans as 2 i dont see any excuse not to now. They have said that the success of remake surprised them so now they know people still like that old school gameplay, RE2 is one of the best selling games in the series, they've acknowledged how much people want it so what the hell capcom? bang out an RE2 remake and i promise you will be rolling in cash. Old fans who have wanted it for years and new fans who just played remake for the first time will buy that no questions asked
-Tgs they reveal its a PS4 exclusive ... the crowd goes bananas !!! xbox slowly creeps out the fire exit " bee-eeeeeee-eeepppp" buzzers going off !!! ps4 japanese school girl cheerleaders throwing up pom poms and ratchet and clank mascots crowd surfing !! ... yep ...its going down like that!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Allright so here's some kind of interview video taken during E3 with Mike Lunn (Capcom product manager) about Zero HD, he also mentioned RE 2 remake around 1:00

-Tgs they reveal its a PS4 exclusive ... the crowd goes bananas !!! xbox slowly creeps out the fire exit " bee-eeeeeee-eeepppp" buzzers going off !!! ps4 japanese school girl cheerleaders throwing up pom poms and ratchet and clank mascots crowd surfing !! ... yep ...its going down like that!
...You guys are jumping the gun and setting yourselves up for disappointment. He straight up said that while they know that RE2 is very heavily requested, it would be much harder to work with than REmake and RE0 because of how old the game is. They would basically have to build a new game from the ground up, which would cost them WAY more money than just touching up an older game that still had graphics that were way ahead of it's time. You're talking about taking something from 1998 that was 64bits and remaking that completely to fit flawlessly on a PS4...You guys REALLY underestimate how much work that is...It's nothing short of creating a WHOLE brand new game, that just happens to be similar in layout to one that came out almost 20 years ago...All this dude said was that Capcom knows fans want it, and they hear that. He never said ANYTHING about acting on it. In fact, he made it seem like the chances were minimal because they didn't want to put that much work into it. At the end of the day, it's all about business, and would it be profitable enough to pay a huge team to recreate a brand new game from the ground up that's 20 years old that MIGHT sell really well, or COULD flop because it's not something most modern gamers can get down on. It's a far bigger risk than REmake or RE0...

Reactions: Hel

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I hope that the reaction to the Final Fantasy VII remaster shows Capcom that we want an RE2 remake just as much. By the sound of the guy in the video, to me it definitely sounds like it's in production or they're at least considering it.

A lot of people say that the remake will cost a lot more than the remasters because it would be a whole new game and while that's true, it would cost a whole lot less than RE7 or any other new game that they could bring out in the series.

wayne

...You guys are jumping the gun and setting yourselves up for disappointment. He straight up said that while they know that RE2 is very heavily requested, it would be much harder to work with than REmake and RE0 because of how old the game is. They would basically have to build a new game from the ground up, which would cost them WAY more money than just touching up an older game that still had graphics that were way ahead of it's time. You're talking about taking something from 1998 that was 64bits and remaking that completely to fit flawlessly on a PS4...You guys REALLY underestimate how much work that is...It's nothing short of creating a WHOLE brand new game, that just happens to be similar in layout to one that came out almost 20 years ago...All this dude said was that Capcom knows fans want it, and they hear that. He never said ANYTHING about acting on it. In fact, he made it seem like the chances were minimal because they didn't want to put that much work into it. At the end of the day, it's all about business, and would it be profitable enough to pay a huge team to recreate a brand new game from the ground up that's 20 years old that MIGHT sell really well, or COULD flop because it's not something most modern gamers can get down on. It's a far bigger risk than REmake or RE0...

I dont really understand why it would be hard for them to do, they already proved that they can do it with revelations 2. All they have to do is do it like the remake make it pretty much the same as resident evil 2 on ps1 just make it look like todays standards, add a few new areas like the remake, no over the shoulder gameplay, ALYSON COURT AS CLAIRE CAPCOM!! They could also add in 3 and maybe do it as one game.... play as jill right up till she gets infected and then play as leon as claire and then back to jill again. Can you imagine how well that would sell if it was done right.

As a another jill fan i feel you man!

I hope that the reaction to the Final Fantasy VII remaster shows Capcom that we want an RE2 remake just as much. By the sound of the guy in the video, to me it definitely sounds like it's in production or they're at least considering it.

A lot of people say that the remake will cost a lot more than the remasters because it would be a whole new game and while that's true, it would cost a whole lot less than RE7 or any other new game that they could bring out in the series.

Capcom even said a while back that if it gets enough fan support they would consider it and i think they have. What are you waiting for capcom!!

black 93

Whatever happens with RE7... im still gunna be smashing batman arkham knight next week! Capcom, take your time, make the best game you've ever made cuz im gunna be busy for a while lil

N7Valentine

So it looks like we'll get nothing on RE7 at E3 this year. At least we got some infos on RE0 remaster ;) I'm looking forward to play that game as I never owned a Game Cube, thus I never played the game. I only watched playthroughs on YT.

Also, Rebecca Chambers. Gotta love that girl ;)

But do you think we might get a chance to see something at TGS this year? After this I think the answer is nope. :/

Top Bottom