• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Does RE4 feature Wesker?

Jordan15

I've only just completed the RE remake archives, and would like to get another game.

I'm going to get Zero, but after that I'm thinking about 4.

Without giving anything away, does RE4 fill any plot holes from the previous games by including the wesker thing etc.

Or is it a totally new story that starts from ground zero about the parasite things in RE5 and gives no filler info to the RE timeline?

All I know is wesker is a bad guy in RE5 from reading accidental spoilers (thanks google), so I'm wondering if RE4 includes him/G virus etc.

Thanks

I'm thinking I could go for RE2 and 3, but the gameplay and lackluster cinematics might make it harder to get into after playing the newer games. Was hoping RE4 would fill me in on the Gvirus I'd be missing from 2 and 3.

EDIT: and I know the rail shooters would fill me in on the G virus etc., but unfortunately it wouldn't include notes etc. to get really into the details about Lisa Trevor and wesker/background characters like what the remake did

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Definitely play RE4. It's a BRILLIANT game.

Wesker is in it, but if I tell you stuff it'll spoil it. I will include the info but put it in spoiler tags. If you want more on the story of Wesker, get Umbrella Chronicles (the Russia chapter exclusively on that title goes into Jill/Chris/Wesker business).

WESKER IN RE4 (from RE Wiki):
Following the fall of Umbrella, Wesker soon proved to be a problem for his Organization superiors. Wesker had always cherished a desire for power, prominence and domination over others, and, seeing Umbrella as power incarnate, used it to hide behind while he made plans of his own. He established a secret organization of his own, using Umbrella's infrastructure retrieved from the Umbrella Caucasus Research Facility, and began recruiting agents such as Jack Krauser into it. When Umbrella folded, and the sanctuary and protection it provided ruined by the surviving Umbrella leaders' constant power struggles, Wesker decided that bringing his new Umbrella to complete fruition was his most necessary goal. He would need to amass much wealth and resources. In order to achieve this, Wesker planned to go down the list of Umbrella's other top rival corporations, sell them samples of Umbrella's viruses they desired, and finance his personal empire. He would keep this agenda secret from his Organization superiors, though they were suspicious.

Wesker began his plot with Tricell (disguised with the name "S"), who had been interested in acquiring a sample of the newly discovered Las Plagas parasitic organism, preferably an advanced Control Plaga developed by Los Illuminados cult leader, Osmund Saddler. Wesker contacted Tricell and struck the deal. He commissioned Ada Wong, his old partner, to once again aid the field portion of the operation, while Wesker himself remained at his hideout and kept in touch with her via digital video feed. All the while, he contacted her for reports and updates in the objective. Wesker was apparently on a deadline to retrieve the sample, and made it his and Ada's most important goal. He also sent Krauser in to help Ada, though they were at conflict. Krauser thought that Ada would betray Wesker and said that neither of them trusted her, and Ada noted in her report that she wondered if Wesker had sent her to keep an eye on Krauser. Nothing suggests which of the two Wesker trusted more, though he considered them both expendable pawns.

Wesker gave Ada assignments to deal with people in the area, including Luis Sera and Leon S. Kennedy. Luis was a contact of theirs, and he was making attempts from inside the cult to steal the Control Plaga sample. Wesker made it important for Ada to watch over Luis, but he was soon killed by Saddler, and the retrieved sample was lost. Wesker was not concerned, simply saying "There will be another time...", and didn't pity Luis. Wesker also saw Leon as an extra obstacle and ordered Ada to kill him, though she insisted he was of no trouble. She was quite reluctant to carry out Wesker's order, as she had formed a bond with Leon in Raccoon City. When Wesker later asked if she had gotten a chance to kill him, she lied and said the opportunity had not come. Wesker decided to let Leon live for the time being and allowed him to serve as further distraction for Saddler's followers. He later informed Ada of the Illuminados' panic due to Leon's actions, and decided to have Krauser kill Leon instead. Ada saved him, not playing by Wesker's rules.

Ada falsely reported Krauser was dead to Wesker, who found it interesting how easily Leon could avoid death. This implies that Wesker was suspicious of Ada and quite aware that she had let Leon live, and that Krauser was alive as well. He decided to let Leon take care of Saddler himself, and told Ada to eliminate either one still standing when the fight ended. He reminded Ada that he was running the show, and required her to put a halt to whoever could stall their plans, including Leon. Krauser himself was later killed for real by Ada, who said that she didn't want to fill out a large amount of paper work should Krauser return alive. Ada later helped Leon destroy Saddler and stole the sample without killing him, though Wesker may have been aware of this. It was revealed that Ada was not at all loyal to Wesker, but still to the Organization, whom Wesker had gone against. She sent him a false Control Plaga sample on their orders (actually a Modified Subordinate Plaga), and brought them the real sample.

This, however, only stalled Wesker's plans temporarily. Tricell still compensated Wesker greatly for the different sample he provided, as they managed to put it to use. Wesker left the Organization shortly afterwards, apparently no longer needing them. Ever since his faked death, Wesker managed to hide himself in the shadows flawlessly, and it was no trouble for him to avoid his vengeful superiors.

Mr Sunshine

The only game that has the G virus in it is RE 2 and a scenario in Outbreak.

Edited: Oh well, and DC, but it has the RE 2 plot in it.(changed a bit)

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Wesker is in it, yep. But you won't fight to him or anything else =\ He's only there to ask Ada the situation or to give some info that might help her getting the Las Plagas sample. So, he only can be seen trought some kind of a phone. Nothing else =3

But still, RE4 is an awesome game! It worths the price it costs (nope, it isn't expensive :3). RE4 is awesome <33!

bruno

Chief Researcher
To get more info on the G-virus, Weskes'r background, Lisa Trevor, etc, read "Wesker's Report 2" (google it), which is an official document released by capcom to fill some plot holes.
There is also a video, "Wesker's Report" that shows Wesker's thoughts on the events, but it is very old and some of it's info is wrong (it is not fully canon).
I'd reccomend you to play the rail shooters (Umbrella Chronicles for Wesker/Lisa Trevor and Darkside Chronicles for G and V viruses).
Wesker is not active in RE4, he is just hiding in the shadows, commanding a secret operation (which happens in the same time as the game), but it adds no story for the previous games (it adds background for RE5 though).
I reccomend you Wesker's Reports and the rail shooters (they DO have files, if you cannot find the in-game, you can look them up on the internet)

Jordan15

Ah cool thanks, I think I'll just get RE0, RE2 (for the G virus info), and maybe rent the rail shooters.
Might get 3 as well, but not sure. It doesn't look as creepy.

I'm mostly just interested in the mansion incident before and slightly after with the tyrants, and just skip 4 and later on since the plagas don't really appeal to me that much.

Kagara

You can read the files in the railshooters. I'm pretty sure they cover all the files from the previous games.

Artas1984

I hate this character repetition...

Wesker clearly was killed by Tyrant in the first game, and Ada died in Resident Evil 2, and now they just reappear.. O well...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yes, the rail-shooters do have files, you collect them in the game(obviously they can't just stop the action to read a file, and you can look at them in the menu where you are able to tune up weapons and everything. They have tons of old, and plenty of new documents, very informative really.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Artas1984;83333 said:
I hate this character repetition...

Wesker clearly was killed by Tyrant in the first game, and Ada died in Resident Evil 2, and now they just reappear.. O well...

Ada didn't really die in RE2. The cannon cenario is Leon B. That's the one where she gets stabbed by the Tyrant and fakes her death. But then later she throws Leon the rocket launcher.

chrisheva

Chosen Keyblade Wielder
yea, its hard to say anything about wesker without spoiling any of the story, so, hes in it(ish) and in mercs

Albert_Wesker

Premium
Jordan15;73117 said:
I've only just completed the RE remake archives, and would like to get another game.

I'm going to get Zero, but after that I'm thinking about 4.

Without giving anything away, does RE4 fill any plot holes from the previous games by including the wesker thing etc.

Or is it a totally new story that starts from ground zero about the parasite things in RE5 and gives no filler info to the RE timeline?

All I know is wesker is a bad guy in RE5 from reading accidental spoilers (thanks google), so I'm wondering if RE4 includes him/G virus etc.

I'm thinking I could go for RE2 and 3, but the gameplay and lackluster cinematics might make it harder to get into after playing the newer games. Was hoping RE4 would fill me in on the Gvirus I'd be missing from 2 and 3.

EDIT: and I know the rail shooters would fill me in on the G virus etc., but unfortunately it wouldn't include notes etc. to get really into the details about Lisa Trevor and wesker/background characters like what the remake did

Play them in order, otherwise you won't get what's going on, you also won't catch any references. But to answer your question, yeah RE4 features Wesker, but only in a minor role.

Devinelogic

Wesker is only mentioned in the main game but he makes a physical appearance in separate ways and assignment ada. And you can play him in mercanaries.

Top Bottom