• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Do you prefer Normal or Alternative Costumes?

Do you like their Normal or Classic costumes more?

• Classic/Alternative Costumes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Normal Costumes

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

black 93

The only costume in the game that I have never used is Leon's Arklay Sheriff one. Just doesn't do it for me. Noir or 98 for me

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'd say I prefer Claire's classic outfit with the shorts/vest. It's such a cute outfit, even if its not practical for riding on a motorcycle.

I slightly prefer the normal costume for Leon.

The Noir costumes are my second favorites for both Claire and Leon (when considering strictly in-game alternative costumes, otherwise Leon's banana hammock is a winner :wink:).

Moonlight_Sonata

I also always do the first run (for each character) in the default outfits, but I used the classic costumes for both of my second runs.

I think I like Claire's default better. I always liked the original costume in the sense that it introduced a burst of color into the RE universe at the time (at that point all playable characters had worn drab greens, grays, and blues) and was a good comic book/cartoon design. It also looked great on the original Toy Biz action figure. The problem is, even at the time, it looked dated. I kind of thought it was a design choice to dress her in something more appropriate to 1986 than 1998 in order to indicate that she was a bit backward and not a hip, city girl. But now it just looks ridiculously dated. I also didn't like that they tweaked the outfit to include a tank top rather than full tee shirt underneath the vest. If you're going to go retro, just go all the way.

I like Leon's alternate/retro outfit more. Probably just nostalgia talking, but I like the richer blue and enjoy the design elements of the bigger shoulder pads and white trim. To me, none of it is over the top enough to make it look ridiculous, but it adds a touch of color and flare to the look. I always thought the original outfit was a great design, and it definitely held up better for me in the remake. The default costume is a nice update, though, and I'm fine with it.

I've never really been into the more over the top secondary costumes in any of the games, so I doubt I'd ever play through with any of the goofier stuff offered here. The Elza outfit is a cool touch, though.

Leon I like the casual outfit most. For Claire I think all her outfits are pretty lame so I go for what mood i'm feeling.

Aurelius

Without mods, it's pretty much a toss up but I would have to go with their normal defaults. As for their alternates, I liked Leon's but not Claire's. In my game on PC, I use their normal outfits just slightly modded. The logo needed some color.

WzUFobh.jpg

Top Bottom