• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Dislike of resident evil village?

Hardware

I almost forgot VILLAGE actually exists. It feels like eons ago when it was released. I reckon part of me just wants to forget it. I recently played through RE2make and found myself incapable of putting it down just like the first time. Capcom be damned for not giving us another real BIOHAZARD game.

~Excella~

Premium
I enjoyed it, but, I am a little sad that the RE games have swerved from their origins, it's lost it's survival horror feel and became so much action, just losing the scary atmosphere and things we grew to know and love. I appreciate the fact that they did try some different things to freshen it up, but, a return to origins would make it feel like RE again. The last few games have been just random games with the RE title.

Frag Maniac

Regarding resources, be it ammo, or money, I don't think Village has too much of it, mainly because if you want to get the most out of the game, and fight all the optional bosses, that takes a fair bit of ammo. Plus it costs a ton to do the upgrading you need to get through the end of the game on harder modes. Even those whom are pretty efficient at RE games in general say Village of Shadows is very tough to beat.

So I think realistically, it depends on what you want to get out of the game, and what difficulty modes you play on, as to whether there's too many resources or not. As well, since many caches are not static, and can vary from coin sacks to various ammo stashes, it also depends a bit on luck, or persistence of the player to reload a checkpoint until they get what they want.

That said, once you get better at playing the game, I guess health vials are one thing that might be a bit overdone, but I have not played VoS yet, so I'm not sure about that. What it comes down to for me, is I prefer a game have slightly too many resources, and feel like you have several choices how to use them, vs being short on them, and feeling like you have to use a specific, linear method to overcome it. I say this because most survival horror games are not 100% perfect on the amount of resources you have access to.

Last edited:

Ikawaru

I just started a new game on Hardcore. Aside from the rough almost rage quit start, once I hit castle *Romanian name I can't recall the spelling of*, the game has provided me just enough resources to get by with some breathing room, provided I scrounge every room for items. I have the all the attachments for the Lemi but am not gonna drop upgrades into something that becomes worthless at some point so am saving the money for the S.T.A.K.E. and probably one of the latter game shotguns.

It's not a bad GAME but I remain steadfast that it's not a Resident Evil game, but I guess it's pointless to fight that because that's clearly where they want the series to go. No more special forces protagonists, no more multi-title villain arcs, no more sinister corporate labs with B.O.W. spills, no more puzzles that actually force you to use your brain a bit.

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

I have the all the attachments for the Lemi but am not gonna drop upgrades into something that becomes worthless at some point...
Yeah that's the mindset I used early on in my current run, mainly when getting to The Duke at the Altar after the Castle portion was done. That's the point where you first start getting a lot of upgrade options, and have the cash to spend on them. I couldn't see putting much into the M1897 or Lemi, when I was soon to get the M1911 and W870 TAC.

I've never bothered with the S.T.A.K.E. though. I could see maybe using it in VoS, but I'm not sure I'll have enough cash to buy and upgrade it well enough to be any better than the Wolfsbane. I always thought of it as an OP weapon one goes for in NG+, more for a fun run than a fresh start.

Top Bottom