• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space Remake Announced

Turo602

The King of Kings
Let's f*cking go!

While the idea of remaking a game like Dead Space seems absurd considering Dead Space can be considered a modern game with modern gaming conventions, technology has advanced quite a ways since the days of the 360 and PS3 that complete total reimaginings like what we saw with Resident Evil 2 just seem worth exploring. Especially with a dormant series like Dead Space and after everything Motive had to say to IGN about their intentions and goal with the remake, I'm completely on board for this. This isn't just big for Dead Space but for survival horror as a genre.

IGN's interview with the devs

Mr.R

On one hand, I would prefer them to continue the story and create something new. On the other, the first Dead Space was my favorite of the three (although I enjoyed all three, even the 3rd one), so I'm on board too.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I saw the teaser already and I was honestly shocked that they have decided on this. On one hand, i am all for it, but on the other at the very least they continue to make one more game that is set on Earth. I am open though, lets see what they got

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I read most of the comments and they're not positive. People are way too fed up with EA at this point that they have little to no confidence left in players.

I have never played Dead Space myself but this is definitely the first time EA is doing a remake of one of their previous games, and therefore you'd immidiately raise the question "Why?". Probably because EA saw the success of remakes such as RE2 and Final Fantasy.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I read most of the comments and they're not positive. People are way too fed up with EA at this point that they have little to no confidence left in players.

I have never played Dead Space myself but this is definitely the first time EA is doing a remake of one of their previous games, and therefore you'd immidiately raise the question "Why?". Probably because EA saw the success of remakes such as RE2 and Final Fantasy.
I've been seeing comments like that too which is pretty tiring. People did the same thing when they announced Jedi: Fallen Order and they all still bought and loved it yet still b*tch about EA.

EA has published so many great games in recent times, like Titanfall 2, A Way Out, Unravel 1 and 2, It Takes Two, and Jedi: Fallen Order. Not to mention, they went back on their scummy ways with Battlefront II and have since been trying to gain good faith with players. They've been very transparent about games not having microtransactions, they announced a new Skate and Mass Effect and even remastered the Mass Effect trilogy. And while I'm not personally into it, Apex Legends is insanely popular and everyone and their mother seems to be into the new Battlefield.

I seriously don't buy this whole EA is the devil routine anymore. It's so old and coming from people who like with Jedi, will buy the game when they see how good it looks and still not learn anything new but to say EA is trash at any opportunity because some of the comments I've seen are just so downright idiotic.

People are still being disgruntled over EA shutting down Visceral Games and have been trying to spin this remake into some sort of poetic insult to Visceral or even suggesting they bring them back, as if that team has just been at home this entire time waiting for a call to rejoin the Avengers. They all have different jobs now and probably really happy where they are, unless they work for Activision... It's just asinine.

I understand a little push back over remaking such a modern game rather than continuing the series, but starting from the beginning might be the best option for a new team, especially one as dedicated to the original and open to fan input as Motive. Everything they've said about the remake has been extremely reassuring and stuff I wish even Capcom would have done with their remakes.

But after how incredible recent remakes have been, I couldn't be more excited to see Dead Space with modern visuals and completely rebuilt to achieve Visceral's vision to its fullest potential without any of the limitations and roadblocks they came across 2 generations ago. For once, we're getting a survival horror game that isn't Resident Evil and gaining the same kind of buzz. If this game turns out incredible and becomes successful, then that can only be good for the genre.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I've been seeing comments like that too which is pretty tiring. People did the same thing when they announced Jedi: Fallen Order and they all still bought and loved it yet still b*tch about EA.

EA has published so many great games in recent times, like Titanfall 2, A Way Out, Unravel 1 and 2, It Takes Two, and Jedi: Fallen Order. Not to mention, they went back on their scummy ways with Battlefront II and have since been trying to gain good faith with players. They've been very transparent about games not having microtransactions, they announced a new Skate and Mass Effect and even remastered the Mass Effect trilogy. And while I'm not personally into it, Apex Legends is insanely popular and everyone and their mother seems to be into the new Battlefield.

I seriously don't buy this whole EA is the devil routine anymore. It's so old and coming from people who like with Jedi, will buy the game when they see how good it looks and still not learn anything new but to say EA is trash at any opportunity because some of the comments I've seen are just so downright idiotic.

People are still being disgruntled over EA shutting down Visceral Games and have been trying to spin this remake into some sort of poetic insult to Visceral or even suggesting they bring them back, as if that team has just been at home this entire time waiting for a call to rejoin the Avengers. They all have different jobs now and probably really happy where they are, unless they work for Activision... It's just asinine.

I understand a little push back over remaking such a modern game rather than continuing the series, but starting from the beginning might be the best option for a new team, especially one as dedicated to the original and open to fan input as Motive. Everything they've said about the remake has been extremely reassuring and stuff I wish even Capcom would have done with their remakes.

But after how incredible recent remakes have been, I couldn't be more excited to see Dead Space with modern visuals and completely rebuilt to achieve Visceral's vision to its fullest potential without any of the limitations and roadblocks they came across 2 generations ago. For once, we're getting a survival horror game that isn't Resident Evil and gaining the same kind of buzz. If this game turns out incredible and becomes successful, then that can only be good for the genre.

Well, they've earned their reputation (they didn't win Worst Company in America award in back-to-back years for nothing, after all) and they still have a long ways to go before they completely unsully their name in most gamers' eyes, but give credit where credit's due: they did a good, no, scratch that, great thing with a beloved IP that many were led to believe would go to the chopping block along with their long list of studios they bought and eventually killed off (Visceral, the studio behind Dead Space WAS one of them, after all). Makes me wish Capcom didn't cancel their Dino Crisis remake they apparently had in development. WTF were they thinking with Jurassic World being as popular as it is?

But that's the thing: as much as we like to gripe about EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc.'s transgressions (to which there are many), they at least occasionally do some good, Konami? Not so much. They barely do anything not related to Pachinko with their IPs, anymore and when it looks like they might do something meaningful with them, they find a way to f*ck them up, anyway (Super Bomberman R, Contra: Rogue Corps). Maybe I'll eat my words if the Metal Gear Solid and/or Silent Hill remakes are confirmed, but the fact that Blue Box STILL hasn't gave us anything close to a month since their big PS5 app announcement isn't giving me high hopes. I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

Hardware

I enjoyed both Dead Space 1 and 2 (I also own Dead Space 3, but I never finished it) - especially 2: it was like RE2, bigger and louder. Above all, incredible-looking (it still is one of the most expensive games ever made - and it never recouped). While I like the idea of the series being resurrected, remaking DS1 is very odd: the game is little more than 10 years old and it still looks great today. Sure, it will look better on PS5\Xbox SX but it's still too early for people to feel nostalgic about it. I understand this is the safest way to bring the franchise back, but I cannot escape the idea that a soft reboot (another story set in the same universe with a new character facing the Necromoprhs - no need for it to be a numbered entry either) would've worked fine. Maybe they aim at changing the lore at one point, erasing DS3, who knows.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
To be fair though, the first hands-on reveal trailer for Jedi: Fallen Order was horrible and didn't do the game justice at all. The devs even admitted so themselves in a behind-the-scenes documentary.

I can only speak for myself and honestly I haven't played nor cared for most of EA's series. But those that I have played extensively throughout the years (the SimCity, The Sims, and SSX series respectively) have been completely butchered, with the last one basically buried to the ground. Fans remember with terror the release of the SimCity reboot in 2013 which was plauged by network outages and other issues, and the city-building genre has since been overtaken by other more capable studios such as Paradox Interactive's Cities: Skylines which is a superior product in every way and form. The Sims 4 has been an underwhelming game since day 1 and the series is now far away from its Maxis glory days. And the SSX series is just a sad, sad, funeral story.

However, like @KManX89 said, at least EA isn't as bad as Konami.

Frag Maniac

Granted, Titanfall 2, Jedi fallen Order, and Battlefront II were decent games, as was even ME Andromeda after the much needed patching, but where are you getting this everybody loves the latest Battlefield from? As well, saying all former Visceral employees are happy with what they are doing now tends to gloss over the fact that they were not given the staffing needed to make the Star Wars game that was cancelled, nor was the Frostbite Engine suited to it, and as we saw with Dead Space 3, EA's expectations were far too high.

As soon as I heard the Dead Space Remake was to use the Frostbite Engine, I became skeptical. Sure, there's reason to be hopeful as well, especially with what they recently said and showed via live stream about how the game's audio will be overhauled, but using Frostbite, a very code heavy engine, seems fool hearty, and a recipe for bugs.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Granted, Titanfall 2, Jedi fallen Order, and Battlefront II were decent games, as was even ME Andromeda after the much needed patching, but where are you getting this everybody loves the latest Battlefield from? As well, saying all former Visceral employees are happy with what they are doing now tends to gloss over the fact that they were not given the staffing needed to make the Star Wars game that was cancelled, nor was the Frostbite Engine suited to it, and as we saw with Dead Space 3, EA's expectations were far too high.

As soon as I heard the Dead Space Remake was to use the Frostbite Engine, I became skeptical. Sure, there's reason to be hopeful as well, especially with what they recently said and showed via live stream about how the game's audio will be overhauled, but using Frostbite, a very code heavy engine, seems fool hearty, and a recipe for bugs.
Pretty sure my post was made in July last year, back when everyone was excited about Battlefield 2042...

I also see no reason for people to still be crying over spilled milk. Dead Space has been dead for a long time. Everyone knows what happened. They announce they're remaking the original and lay down all their cards and people are still going to bring up Visceral like the people themselves aren't currently working on different projects and excited about the remake.

Jedi: Fallen Order already paved the way for single player games for EA and we're getting more, and people still bring up micro-transactions and other bullsh*t that doesn't even apply here.

I know EA sucks, but I also know they've made plenty of great games outside of their micro-managed key franchises. Resident Evil paved the way for Dead Space with its success and we saw Dead Space lean heavier into action and eventually full blown co-op, and so EA followed their example and it backfired. Resident Evil is a completely different beast now and has opened up the market for Dead Space to return. Yes, what EA did was sh*tty, but times are different.

When developers are being transparent about their projects despite EA's reputation, people just look like morons banging on the same old drum from a decade ago. Respawn was very transparent about Jedi: Fallen Order, yet people were still fear mongering about micro-transactions. Josef Fares has been VERY transparent about the freedom EA has allowed him and his team and they just won Game of the Year. Now we have Motive, being as transparent as can be, showing us work in progress material in livestreams rather than stringing us along with flashy trailers because they're catering this game to a very specific group of people. Yet I still see idiots cherry picking footage to sh*t on the game because it's cool to trash EA. It's okay to be skeptical, but skepticism isn't what I'm seeing on the internet.

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

Pretty sure my post was made in July last year, back when everyone was excited about Battlefield 2042...

I also see no reason for people to still be crying over spilled milk. Dead Space has been dead for a long time. Everyone knows what happened. They announce they're remaking the original and lay down all their cards and people are still going to bring up Visceral like the people themselves aren't currently working on different projects and excited about the remake.

Jedi: Fallen Order already paved the way for single player games for EA and we're getting more, and people still bring up micro-transactions and other bullsh*t that doesn't even apply here.

I know EA sucks, but I also know they've made plenty of great games outside of their micro-managed key franchises. Resident Evil paved the way for Dead Space with its success and we saw Dead Space lean heavier into action and eventually full blown co-op, and so EA followed their example and it backfired. Resident Evil is a completely different beast now and has opened up the market for Dead Space to return. Yes, what EA did was sh*tty, but times are different.

When developers are being transparent about their projects despite EA's reputation, people just look like morons banging on the same old drum from a decade ago. Respawn was very transparent about Jedi: Fallen Order, yet people were still fear mongering about micro-transactions. Josef Fares has been VERY transparent about the freedom EA has allowed him and his team and they just won Game of the Year. Now we have Motive, being as transparent as can be, showing us work in progress material in livestreams rather than stringing us along with flashy trailers because they're catering this game to a very specific group of people. Yet I still see idiots cherry picking footage to sh*t on the game because it's cool to trash EA. It's okay to be skeptical, but skepticism isn't what I'm seeing on the internet.

Regarding Battlefield 2042, I'm just saying it's been a LONG time since it released, and it's STILL not anywhere near a desirable Battlefield game to play, nor was Hardline as far as most were concerned. As far as your post being made some time ago, I also don't see that it makes sense to praise a game well before it's really proven to be successful.

Crying over spilt milk? You're talking about what others have said, let's stick to what I actually said, that there's some things to be encouraged about with the Remake, but the skepticism some have is warranted as well. That's not crying, just a realistic take. I also really don't get how you can be so assured the Dead Space Remake will go so well, when you admit EA sucks, how does that much faith in them even make sense? The dev heading the Star Wars project that was cancelled by EA made a valid point, that EA's oversight was far too bureaucratic. They don't tend to show their devs much understanding or support, they often task them with big projects that they aren't given enough staff for, put unrealistic demands on them (like a minimum of 90% rating on Metacritic), then cancel projects and fire people. What EA never seem to grasp is that THEY are their biggest obstacle, not their devs. As far as your insistence that all former Visceral staff are now perfectly happy with their new jobs, I'm sure the ones that still work for EA are putting on that face, in hopes they aren't targeted for termination, but most that were fired by them are probably only happy because they're glad to be free of the burden of EA's clueless goons looking over their shoulders while thinking... "My livelihood now depends on this project scoring 90% on Metacritic", how absurd. :rolleyes:

I never said anything about microtransactions, again, if you're going to quote me, stick to what I''VE said, not someone else. I was actually one of few amongst a sea of EA haters whom cried foul about the ones in Dead Space 3 that said I wasn't bothered by them. None of the microtransactions in DS3 were of any interest to me, or any self respecting player that wants to play a campaign on their own with all the challenges that come with. I was fine using the 3 scavenger bots in the game to gather resources, and felt it was plenty enough. Most of the time microtransactions only apply to casual players that want to do things the easy way.

I would go as far as to say EA hasn't always sucked. I cut my gaming teeth on games like the MoH Allied Assault and Need For Speed series, and as I said have also enjoyed Fallen Order, Battlefront II (the dialog was FAR better in the original BF2 though), Titanfall 2, and ME Andromeda (after patching). As I also said it's usually not their microtransactions that bother me. It's the way they treat their devs, and good projects and devs have been discarded in the process. This is well known, and felt by many. It's not so much that EA are intently evil, they just don't have a clue how to value projects and those working on them by offering them adequate support without shoving unrealistic demands at them. THAT is their main problem, and it hurts them as much as their fans or the gaming industry. Why they don't see that is beyond me. It's not surprising they've partnered with Disney, because Disney has the same exact problem. They hire people like Kathleen Kennedy to spearhead their Star Wars movies, only to have her turn characters like Lando Calrisian, a once ladies man, into a guy that would rather be with robots. I've even read Disney, whom after reading the barrage of hate for Kathleen Kennedy, and the resulting huge drop in box office gains, has said they'd like to replace her, but she's amassed such a following in the industry, they're afraid anyone they replace her with will be subject to their wrath and concede, or quit. That industry has a TON of powerful, wealthy producers that can blackball people on a whim. This is the kind of thing that can happen when a publisher gets too big and greedy, they lose touch with the important things, and without knowing it, become their own worst enemy.

Again, let's stick to what each other says here, not what others say. I still have hope EA is coming to their senses, and even hope if this remake does well, they might eventually continue the Dead Space series. We're still a FAR way away from that though, and for now, I'm not going to let anything the devs say convince me EA are on the right path. For all we know they could be just saying what they want them to, to keep their jobs, especially after the firings that have happened. All the more so in a global pandemic, where job stability is very important and not a sure thing.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Regarding Battlefield 2042, I'm just saying it's been a LONG time since it released, and it's STILL not anywhere near a desirable Battlefield game to play, nor was Hardline as far as most were concerned. As far as your post being made some time ago, I also don't see that it makes sense to praise a game well before it's really proven to be successful.

Crying over spilt milk? You're talking about what others have said, let's stick to what I actually said, that there's some things to be encouraged about with the Remake, but the skepticism some have is warranted as well. That's not crying, just a realistic take. I also really don't get how you can be so assured the Dead Space Remake will go so well, when you admit EA sucks, how does that much faith in them even make sense? The dev heading the Star Wars project that was cancelled by EA made a valid point, that EA's oversight was far too bureaucratic. They don't tend to show their devs much understanding or support, they often task them with big projects that they aren't given enough staff for, put unrealistic demands on them (like a minimum of 90% rating on Metacritic), then cancel projects and fire people. What EA never seem to grasp is that THEY are their biggest obstacle, not their devs. As far as your insistence that all former Visceral staff are now perfectly happy with their new jobs, I'm sure the ones that still work for EA are putting on that face, in hopes they aren't targeted for termination, but most that were fired by them are probably only happy because they're glad to be free of the burden of EA's clueless goons looking over their shoulders while thinking... "My livelihood now depends on this project scoring 90% on Metacritic", how absurd. :rolleyes:

I never said anything about microtransactions, again, if you're going to quote me, stick to what I''VE said, not someone else. I was actually one of few amongst a sea of EA haters whom cried foul about the ones in Dead Space 3 that said I wasn't bothered by them. None of the microtransactions in DS3 were of any interest to me, or any self respecting player that wants to play a campaign on their own with all the challenges that come with. I was fine using the 3 scavenger bots in the game to gather resources, and felt it was plenty enough. Most of the time microtransactions only apply to casual players that want to do things the easy way.

I would go as far as to say EA hasn't always sucked. I cut my gaming teeth on games like the MoH Allied Assault and Need For Speed series, and as I said have also enjoyed Fallen Order, Battlefront II (the dialog was FAR better in the original BF2 though), Titanfall 2, and ME Andromeda (after patching). As I also said it's usually not their microtransactions that bother me. It's the way they treat their devs, and good projects and devs have been discarded in the process. This is well known, and felt by many. It's not so much that EA are intently evil, they just don't have a clue how to value projects and those working on them by offering them adequate support without shoving unrealistic demands at them. THAT is their main problem, and it hurts them as much as their fans or the gaming industry. Why they don't see that is beyond me. It's not surprising they've partnered with Disney, because Disney has the same exact problem. They hire people like Kathleen Kennedy to spearhead their Star Wars movies, only to have her turn characters like Lando Calrisian, a once ladies man, into a guy that would rather be with robots. I've even read Disney, whom after reading the barrage of hate for Kathleen Kennedy, and the resulting huge drop in box office gains, has said they'd like to replace her, but she's amassed such a following in the industry, they're afraid anyone they replace her with will be subject to their wrath and concede, or quit. That industry has a TON of powerful, wealthy producers that can blackball people on a whim. This is the kind of thing that can happen when a publisher gets too big and greedy, they lose touch with the important things, and without knowing it, become their own worst enemy.

Again, let's stick to what each other says here, not what others say. I still have hope EA is coming to their senses, and even hope if this remake does well, they might eventually continue the Dead Space series. We're still a FAR way away from that though, and for now, I'm not going to let anything the devs say convince me EA are on the right path. For all we know they could be just saying what they want them to, to keep their jobs, especially after the firings that have happened. All the more so in a global pandemic, where job stability is very important and not a sure thing.
Maybe don't quote me and try to shoot down my talking points without understanding the context first... My original post was very clearly about the negative internet reaction and I'm doubling down on it because you're trying to pick apart things I've said months ago based on newer information. I never praised Battlefield 2042 nor am I saying that everyone ended up loving it. What I said is that people were excited for it. Even I was excited for it before it released and I don't care much for the Battlefield franchise. Yet this negative attitude towards EA wasn't present when Battlefield 2042 was revealed.

The reason I glossed over their history is because it's not relevant anymore. Like I said, it's nothing but people fear mongering over spilt milk and you're doing the same by harping on the past and choosing to overlook what devs have said in recent times despite their successes. Not to mention, my initial comment regarding Visceral was made due to the absurd comments I saw saying that EA should bring back Visceral, as if a studio is one giant living entity that can be commanded at will and not just a bunch of people with lives of their own who are making a living. No sensible person would assume that a defunct game studio could just be reformed and pick up where they left off which is why I was originally hoping that Respawn could be tasked with bringing Dead Space back.

I'm also not guaranteeing anything. I already said it's fine to be skeptical. Your worries about the Frostbite Engine are valid, and at the end of the day, the game could turn out to be a train wreck. Nothing is ever guaranteed to be good, yet people can still be reasonably excited about things and not completely irrational. Like I said, I know EA has a history of terrible management and sh*tty business practices, but nothing I've seen in recent times that wasn't a shooter, The Sims, or some sports game has ever given me any reason to believe their studios couldn't make a great game and so far, nothing Motive has shown us or said has warranted the negative reaction it got other than "it's EA," for no other reason than because it's cool to hate on EA.

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for your skepticism of the game's quality, but my original post was not about you. It was about the outlandish reaction to this game over things that happened in the past. No one will convince me that this remake is somehow a bad idea or what we have seen looks terrible just because they're scared EA will ruin it or because they wanted a part 4 instead or because they're still sour that Visceral was shut down. You can have your reasons for being skeptical, but if any of those reasons are the 3 listed above, then I'll have to disagree with you. That's all I really got to say.

Frag Maniac

Para 1
Even if that were true, how does your doing the same with me make it any better? At best you've been waffling between unconditionally supporting this project, whilst saying EA sucks, which, again, makes little sense. And no, you clearly didn't talk about Battlefield 2042 in an excited for it pre release context, you said "everyone and their mother seems to be into the new Battlefield". You can't be "into" something without having played it, but more to my point, you definitely can't be sure it's going to be as good as hyped before launch. So my obvious point is it's a poor example to support EA with. Any publisher can suck people into pre release hype, it's only what's actually delivered that matters, which makes that point at the time it was posted ill conceived at best.

Para 2
Still waffling I see. You seem intent on making everyone believe EA has somehow done a 180 from their past ways, yet you say they suck. Makes no sense. Then when anyone rebuts what you have to say, you act like WE don't know what we're talking about, or just "crying". Maybe get better at making talking points yourself instead of waffling and labeling everyone that disagrees with you as cry babies if you want to be taken seriously. You're also still prattling on about requests to bring back Visceral. HELLO, I was the one that said the ones that were fired are better off with a publisher OTHER than EA, remember? I also said I have hopes if the remake does well they will eventually continue the series. You need to stop obsessing over what was said in the past and attaching it to everyone whom talks about EA's flaws. At least I detail them, all you were doing is saying they suck, then basically finally parroted what I said about them.

Para 3
Frostbite was never a very programmer friendly engine. Even DICE has cranked out games on it that were a stuttering mess, so I just don't get EA insisting on it. It's not just their marketing demands that are unreasonable, it's their technical ones. So despite some of their recent successes like Fallen Order, and I say "their" loosely, because it's really Respawn's expertise that made it work, there's reason to be skeptical about this project. Of course I and many others are always going to be hopeful, because we love Dead Space, but EA IMO still haven't proven they've shaken their overbearing ways. Success with this franchise will go a long way toward squashing those skepticisms though I think.

Para 4
I'm not talking about any posts but the ones you answered me with, which still contained many references to what others said, as does this one I'm responding to. I AM skeptical, but only for the reasons you seem to agree on, mainly their poor management and business practices. I also agree this project makes sense, if for nothing else, because it's the only one in the trilogy that makes it clear nowadays that it deserves better graphics. It also makes sense from a technical standpoint, because far more can be done now that couldn't be back then. One of the things I'm most excited about is them adding true free floating Zero G, and even adding more paths to explore, some in Zero G. I also think having Isaac talk, but only when spoken to, will add to the experience without losing any horror feeling. It's easy to see they're trying their best to appease everyone, so that's a good sign. Let's hope it works out.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Except I'm not quoting you out of context and then dictating what you can or can't talk about. It's also ironic you call me obsessed when you're literally obsessing over me and trying to force me to engage with you directly. I'm allowed to say whatever I want to get my point across. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm talking about you specifically. Especially when YOU quoted ME and went "off topic" and made this all about you. Not to mention, you're getting real defensive over my comments about others despite you constantly insisting we keep the subject between the two of us like if my comments were somehow about you all of a sudden.

I'm more than willing to have this conversation, but I lose interest when you start being pedantic, controlling, and put words in my mouth. You can argue all you want about Battlefield, but my comment was still made in July and anyone in July wouldn't have interpreted that comment the way you are now. You also keep insisting that I'm contradicting myself by admitting EA sucks, yet I've clearly elaborated on my position numerous times and now you're even agreeing with me by admitting Respawn's expertise should be credited for Jedi: Fallen Order when that's literally been my whole point.

EA is a sh*tty corporate company. This we can both agree on, but I won't doubt their devs when they've given me no reason to. This was my exact gripe with the reaction leading into Jedi: Fallen Order because I knew Respawn was a great team with a solid track record despite the scary devils at EA and now we're seeing the same thing with Motive. Even Hazelight has been an incredible studio for them that hasn't had any negative interference from EA, which is exactly why I also wouldn't have any worries about any of their upcoming projects unless I'm given any REAL reason. And while we can't be sure EA will deliver, bringing back Mass Effect, Skate, and Dead Space is only good news and a step in the right direction.

My comments regarding Visceral was not targeted at you either. It's like you're purposely cherry picking bits and pieces of my post. I was simply giving you the full context of my original comment since you accused me of glossing over their history when that wasn't even relevant to my post even though you keep on insisting we stick to what we've said here only. So you're allowed to use what I said as a jumping off point for your posts but I can't do the same?

Listen, I'm not trying to start a fight here. I'd rather we squash this before either of us gets heated. You're claiming people have a reasonable right to be skeptical and I've already agreed with you. I was never fighting against this or you since your take on the remake has been rather cool headed. For that, I don't have anything to say to you personally because I generally agree with you, therefore you are not who I'm referencing, but I can still make my point without directly trying to refute you.

Frag Maniac

The reason I keep bringing up what you've said about EA is you were taking what has been said about them in bad faith as crying, which to me still makes no sense since you admit they suck. I'm not so much bringing them into the conversation as saying I feel the same about EA, as have you, so how you can call anyone cry babies when you're basically showing the same bad faith is pretty strange. If your EA hate is valid, so is anyone else's, but I was mainly detailing MINE, not theirs.

I get that you're trying to defend the devs vs EA, but the way I look at it, most of the people talking smack about EA devs are really voicing their angst about EA's control over them, and if they are cry babies, so are we for hating EA for the same reason. Sure it's not always that cut and dried, but I think 99% of the time, it actually is. People don't always detail what started their hate in these matters, but I'm sure EA is the crux of it most of the time.

That said, it's easy to see now how you feel about EA, where as the first post of yours I quoted didn't seem to convey that. At any rate, I'm OK with leaving it at we agree on most things about this project. Whether we agree there's a chance of it tanking because of EA, I don't know, but at least we both want it to succeed, which from the perspective of the thread purpose and any die hard Dead Space fan, is what matters most.

And for the record, I was not trying to turn this conversation into a fight, just saying we all have a right to our opinion, as you conveyed yourself, and without being labeled as cry babies mind you. Sometimes it's necessary to dig up a little dirt to make that point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom