• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Claire or Chris: Whose part did you like more?

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Claire's part being up until she and Steve try and escape the Antarctic Base, and Chris's part, obviously, being from when you first play as him to the end.

I think Chris's part gave me more of a welcome challenge, but I think I liked Claire's portion of the game more. The main reasons being playing as Claire, for one, and the locations. Sure, you visit the same locations as Chris, but most of them are broken down, often now unexplorable.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I like both parts equally. Claire's part has more exploring and getting to know what's happening. Chris' part is harder and more challenging.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Yeah, Claire's part felt more like exploring and puzzle-solving, while Chris's part felt a little more difficult and action-oriented.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I agree with Bruno's assessment of the different parts for each character but I must say that I liked Claire's part just a tiny bit more. I love exploring the area and reading all the files, finding out what went on before, during and immediately after an outbreak. Chris' part was harder but, like Harry Sachz pointed out, most of the really cool areas of the game were broken down by the time Chris got to them. (I really enjoyed the addition of the Hunter's in Chris' portion of the game, though.)

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
Steves part was teh best :p until soon I found his voice childishly annoying :/ so then i liked both parts. Claire's bow gun and dual wield action is sexy, and Chris's part was more difficult but that's what made it good

APV

Wait, Who stole me Haggis?
The full game was equally challenging and enjoyable the first time round and remains a fantastic game even after completing it 10 times. Chris's part was indeed more challenging due to the mutated frog things and huge fecking spider (I hate spiders!) but it helps if you have a shotgun and AK to rattle rounds into them!

Good Game all in all!

AP

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
No, you're right. For some reason, I've always found androgyny and flamboyance to be attractive - and I've never really understood the need for people to adhere to traditional gender roles. In this case, I just think Alfred is frickin' hilarious. Leon is still my number uno RE man.

bruno

Chief Researcher
No, you're right. For some reason, I've always found androgyny and flamboyance to be attractive - and I've never really understood the need for people to adhere to traditional gender roles. In this case, I just think Alfred is frickin' hilarious. Leon is still my number uno RE man.

Yeah, I noticed a pattern there hehe.
I think Alfred is a sick b*stard (because of him being sadic in Darkside Chronicles, not the gender roles stuff), but Alexia is much much worse.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I've never played Darkside Chronicles and I don't really remember what he did in Code Veronica... but my friends and I loved that first cutscene with him and his laugh so much. And those Legendary Frog parodies....

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've never played Darkside Chronicles and I don't really remember what he did in Code Veronica... but my friends and I loved that first cutscene with him and his laugh so much. And those Legendary Frog parodies....
I think you would really like what the Darkside Chronicles did for Alfred's character; it really intensified what was already there in CV and made him a deeper, more interesting character overall.

Now if only they could have done that to Alexia instead of royally screwing her up...:(

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I think the reason I haven't tried DC is that it's exclusive to wii isn't it? What did they do to Alfred? If you don't mind esplaining :p
I haven't tired it either but, like the geek I am, I've watched game play and have seen all the cut-scenes to both the Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles - hopefully the rumors are true and the chronicles will be ported to PS3, along with the Remake. *crosses fingers* [/end rant]

DC made Alfred just a tad bit more sinister, gave his motivations a somewhat darker side and, most importantly, gave him better lines and a better voice actor. (Delivery is everything. ;) )

If you have time, I'd definitely recommend checking out some of the scenes in Game of Oblivion.

jordan

i can tell u who i didn like more that bastard chris for not tellin me to save him bullets
to fight the first alexia form and now i gotta defeat her with just 70 bows and i doubt it can be done sooooo i must strt allllll the way ova from the first

Top Bottom