• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Claire alternate costume revealed?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Capcom's official Biohazard twitter posted this just a bit ago. Figured I'd alert you all to it:
weet_zps44ce743f.png

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I like this a lot more than what she's wearing in the footage we've seen so far.

You know what really surprises me about Claire's outfits in this game, though? That they're not at all sexualised. In Code Veronica, she stormed a French Umbrella facility with her midriff exposed. No one storms anything dressed like that, especially not in winter, when it's cold. Her outfit in RE2 was less ridiculous, but still not a sensible choice for riding a motorbike; besides the cold wind she'd be exposed to while driving really fast, that outfit would have done nothing to protect her body if she had gotten into an accident.

Other female characters haven't been better in the past. We have Jill running around in her tube top and miniskirt, which is actually my favourite outfit of hers and I can totally imagine her wearing something like that in her free time, but during a zombie crisis? It would be different if the crisis had caught her off-guard, but the prologue makes it clear that she knew what was coming, and was preparing to leave. Ada's red dress is fine in RE2, where she's posing as a civilian trying to find her boyfriend, but in RE4 she doesn't have that excuse anymore - yet ironically, her RE4 dress is even more revealing and impractical. Then we have Rachael's cleavage in Revelations and Jessica's wetsuit...

Now why didn't they put Claire into a skimpy dress in Revelations 2? Because when you think about it, it would have been believable! She was at a party after all, and didn't have time to change between her kidnapping and her awakening in the prison. So Capcom either didn't think of that, or they actually want to stop sexualising their characters (not counting non-canon unlockable outfits).

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't see Claire as a dress sort of girl. I think her jeans and dress shirt is more suitable given her tomboy-ish character even if it is a party.

I will tell you one thing, though: I'm glad to finally see that Claire has an official looking uniform as her alternate. In every video game, and even the Degeneration movie, Claire has been seen in civvies because she's just that, a civilian. Nice to see that Terra Save is handing out official-looking gear now. She looks more like an agent.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I really don't think they make any of their females Sex symbols...I mean, Ada kind of has that tease thing going on, but only as a plot device for Leon. Other than that, her outfit in RE:CV is just a version of her RE2 outfit with slightly more coverage. Presumably because they had to give her a similar outfit so that you could tell it was the same character, seeing as the graphics weren't exactly the greatest when it comes to facial features. As far as her RE2 outfit, considering RE2's geographical location and the time of year, her outfit is completely understandable. Did it offer much in way of protection from a crash? No. But she's a young girl who wasn't wearing a helmet either. And Leon has to tell her to Buckle up. She's just going through the "I'm young and invincible" phase that teens and young adults go through.

Spencer Key

I don't see Claire as a dress sort of girl. I think her jeans and dress shirt is more suitable given her tomboy-ish character even if it is a party.

I will tell you one thing, though: I'm glad to finally see that Claire has an official looking uniform as her alternate. In every video game, and even the Degeneration movie, Claire has been seen in civvies because she's just that, a civilian. Nice to see that Terra Save is handing out official-looking gear now. She looks more like an agent.

But they messed up her nose and lips. Claire ain't Claire anymore.

Spencer Key

I like this a lot more than what she's wearing in the footage we've seen so far.

You know what really surprises me about Claire's outfits in this game, though? That they're not at all sexualised. In Code Veronica, she stormed a French Umbrella facility with her midriff exposed. No one storms anything dressed like that, especially not in winter, when it's cold. Her outfit in RE2 was less ridiculous, but still not a sensible choice for riding a motorbike; besides the cold wind she'd be exposed to while driving really fast, that outfit would have done nothing to protect her body if she had gotten into an accident.

Other female characters haven't been better in the past. We have Jill running around in her tube top and miniskirt, which is actually my favourite outfit of hers and I can totally imagine her wearing something like that in her free time, but during a zombie crisis? It would be different if the crisis had caught her off-guard, but the prologue makes it clear that she knew what was coming, and was preparing to leave. Ada's red dress is fine in RE2, where she's posing as a civilian trying to find her boyfriend, but in RE4 she doesn't have that excuse anymore - yet ironically, her RE4 dress is even more revealing and impractical. Then we have Rachael's cleavage in Revelations and Jessica's wetsuit...

Now why didn't they put Claire into a skimpy dress in Revelations 2? Because when you think about it, it would have been believable! She was at a party after all, and didn't have time to change between her kidnapping and her awakening in the prison. So Capcom either didn't think of that, or they actually want to stop sexualising their characters (not counting non-canon unlockable outfits).

Nothing Claire has worn has ever shocked me, considering she's always a civilian. Regina in Dino Crisis wore spandex and leather - I would say this is worse and even more inappropriate for a military person.

wanderer

battle master

yes but a step in the right direction. like you mentioned Jill was out in a miniskirt. not the best clothes to fight and get rough/wet/bruised in. same with ada's past clothes, ADA's RE6 jacket and pants really made sense this time. i don't know the full story of Rev2, but Claire could well be at the party reluctantly, or to meet someone specific, not so much to have a party and have fun. anyway i like the white shirt dark red jacket and pants this time.

umbra aeterna

Love the professionalism,looks like she means business.but what have they done to her?? Claire is suppose to be.. less plain looking.

I personally like resident evil 2 and code veronica's claire because next to each other, claire and chris actually look alike.same eyes and nose.now she looks like some non descript white chick :(

And beleive it or not, chris still kinda looks the same.really.even the beat up retro one from ps1 re1 looks like him. She looks so damn different, chrcould say that wws his wife and get away with it.c'mon capcom

She

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Honestly, I feel like Claire's costumes just reflect her age, where she is in life. Wasn't she in college or just out of college during the events of Resident Evil 2 and CODE Veronica?

Revelations 2 is years later, so of course she wouldn't be wearing cut-off booty shorts or a low cut crop top.
(Not as default costume, anyway.)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Nothing Claire has worn has ever shocked me, considering she's always a civilian. Regina in Dino Crisis wore spandex and leather - I would say this is worse and even more inappropriate for a military person.
Inappropriate in what way? Yes, it's tight-fitting, but the only skin you see is her upper arms. Not to mention in DC's universe, it is the official military uniform as all her team members are wearing the same thing. It's what she's been assigned and expected to wear.

Gotta stick up for my girl. ;)

Denzil22

Premium

Can I ask what you think of Clair's degenaration outfit I always liked that one but it was very different from her cv and re2 costume.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Can I ask what you think of Clair's degenaration outfit I always liked that one but it was very different from her cv and re2 costume.
I liked her Degeneration outfit a lot. It wasn't like her previous outfits but let us remember that she's also a grown woman now; it's completely natural for her style to change and mature. We won't see her running around in biker gear all the time anymore and I'm okay with that. Every attempt to mature Claire's style post CVX as been well matched to what we know about her and as long as they don't go putting her in evening gowns or mini skirts, I'll be fine.

Still tickled pink that her alternate is an official-looking uniform. They could have easily went back and given her one of her recycled biker outfits and they didn't; for that I'm grateful.

Denzil22

Premium
That's a good point her charicter as matured so much she seems very grown up in revelations 2

Denzil22

Premium
D
I liked her Degeneration outfit a lot. It wasn't like her previous outfits but let us remember that she's also a grown woman now; it's completely natural for her style to change and mature. We won't see her running around in biker gear all the time anymore and I'm okay with that. Every attempt to mature Claire's style post CVX as been well matched to what we know about her and as long as they don't go putting her in evening gowns or mini skirts, I'll be fine.

Still tickled pink that her alternate is an official-looking uniform. They could have easily went back and given her one of her recycled biker outfits and they didn't; for that I'm grateful.
Do you think a similar thing happens with Jill well for a small time her bsaa outfit seemed most practical but then her battle suit went the over way I gess but her diving suit in revelations is ok.

Top Bottom