• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Chris Redfield - David Boreanaz/Alex O'Loughlin

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Take yer picks.

Boreanaz (As seen in Bones) (I think he'd be great with Emily Deschanel as Jill)
bones2.jpg

O'Loughlin (As seen in Hawaii Five-O) (This guy's on fire in this show -you all should see him)
550w_us_television_general_alex_oloughlin_3.jpg

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I got really excited for a second there, I saw Chris Redfield - David B and then clicked and it was another David B who is not nearly as sexually alluring. Don't know what O'Loughlin looks like other than a red x but David could work.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Well the picture for Alex O'Loughlin isn't showing up for me but I absolutely can't stand David Boreanaz so I think that pretty much sums up my vote.

Now I haven't seen Afterlife so I can't really say but after hearing Wentworth Miller talk more extensively about tackling his role as Chris Redfield, I have to retract my earlier reservations about him and must say that I'm a little more on the Miller bandwagon. He speaks intelligently enough and seems to have actually taken his part seriously, playing the part the way it was written to make the movie writers happy while dually trying to make game fans happy and stay respectful to what Chris is in the game-verse. I'd have to see the movie to make a complete assessment but, given the two choices here, I believe I'll stick with Miller.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I thought we agreed on either Paul Walker or Johnny Messner! :D

Anyways between those two: Boreanaz

As much as I rip on Miller as Chris, I have to agree with Magnolia on the fact that he did what he could with that role. Sadly the Alice character takes all the spotlight and the rest of the actual characters from the games are basically standing around looking like a bunch of fools.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I thought we agreed on either Paul Walker or Johnny Messner! :D
I really liked Johnny Messner in Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid and I do think that he shares some resemblance to Chris but, in that same respect - not always but in certain pictures - Miller looks like Chris as well.

RE4WentworthMiller1.jpg

Sometimes there is a striking resemblance.

On Paul Walker, I love Paul Walker but, as a fan of the Dead Aim game, I think Paul is better suited for Bruce McGivern; he just doesn't give me that Chris vibe.

Sadly the Alice character takes all the spotlight and the rest of the actual characters from the games are basically standing around looking like a bunch of fools.
From what I saw - which wasn't much, just the 'final' fight between Wesker, Chris and Claire - Alice was the one who stood around and did nothing. All I could think while Claire and Chris were fighting was: "That's nice, Alice, just stand back while good 'ol Al beats the crap out of the 'friends' you brought." :rolleyes:

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Alice steals the spotlight from everyone so it's kinda hard to notice good acting in the movies. Miller was good an' all, but initially I wasn't like (fantastic! He's a great Chris!) O'Loughlin on the other hand I think would be fire as Chris.
Miller's good though. No complaints there.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I really liked Johnny Messner in Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid and I do think that he shares some resemblance to Chris but, in that same respect - not always but in certain pictures - Miller looks like Chris as well.

RE4WentworthMiller1.jpg

You definitely need to watch Tears of the Sun if you haven't- that's where it's at!
I get what you're saying though; Miller has his moments where he looks similar to Chris- though I think Messner definitely bares more of a resemblance to him.

On Paul Walker, I love Paul Walker but, as a fan of the Dead Aim game, I think Paul is better suited for Bruce McGivern; he just doesn't give me that Chris vibe.
IDK, when Paul has that rugged, 5 o'clock shadow look going on, I see Chris. I think now that he's aged a bit more he reminds me of him- especially after seeing the last Fast and Furious movie that came out.

Haven't played Dead Aim but based off of pics, he does look pretty similar to Bruce McGivern- at least when his hair was longer (and maybe even when he was younger?).

From what I saw - which wasn't much, just the 'final' fight between Wesker, Chris and Claire - Alice was the one who stood around and did nothing. All I could think while Claire and Chris were fighting was: "That's nice, Alice, just stand back while good 'ol Al beats the crap out of the 'friends' you brought." :rolleyes:

Twas the only scene! ;)
I think Miller would have been better off with a completely different costume; he was swimming in that goofy ass gray outfit. If they would have put him in something similar to what Chris wears in Lost in Nightmares I think he would have looked better.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Haven't played Dead Aim but based off of pics, he does look pretty similar to Bruce McGivern- at least when his hair was longer (and maybe even when he was younger?).
Paul Walker is really good at playing guys who are cool, cocky and just a tiny bit full of themselves but, in the end, they're good guys who are good at what they do. That's who Bruce McGivern is and I definitely see that as a reason why Paul Walker would be good at portraying him - I can see it in the looks as well but I see it more when I look at Walker's body of work. I really don't see a believable Chris Redfield coming from him because, when I look at Paul Walker, I think I'll always see a reckless, cocky guy who sometimes needs to be taken down a peg or two and that's just not who Chris is.

*shrugs* Or maybe that's just me and I'm weird - lol.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Good LAWD! Both are very very sexy..just like our Mr. Redfield. I love Hawaii Five-O, and Alex is f'ing gorgeous, to me...and I, personally, wouldn't mind seeing O'Loughlin play Chris. This one's kinda hard...both could pull it off I think.

Mm mm mm..you got me good with Mr. O'Loughlin though. That guy is just..ah man...he's sex LOL

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

RE4WentworthMiller1.jpg

Haha...ya i go Boreanaz but hey, im a Buffy fan lol...and when it comes to Bruce McGivern i say Mathew McCaughnahay all the way...

Top Bottom