• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Characters who should be in RE 7 ?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I don't understand why you think Jill has to kill Wesker. She was kidnapped and brainwashed, boo hoo. Wesker was indirectly responsible for the death of millions (I think) of people worldwide including Sheva's parents (again I'm not sure on this one but I think I remember reading it in a file, unless I made it up), so A) Why should Jill be the only one who's allowed to kill him and not Sheva, and B) don't you think Jill would just be happy that he's dead, not caring who killed him?

Anyway, the last thing I want is for Capcom to use Rev2 as an excuse not to put Claire in a main game (and hopefully not mess up her face this time). She deserves more. All of the other of the main four have gotten significantly more attention than her, so what gives Capcom!? Honestly, if the series does come to a close soon, I want Capcom to release a giant standalone Mercenaries game with all of the main characters, a slew of alternate costumes, and a massive list of stages (and everything that you don't start with should be unlockable through effort, not paid or free DLC). If Capcom did that I could die happy.

1) Sheva already did kill him once as she and Chris blew his brains out with a pair of rocket launchers, and her parents were killed by B.O.W.s at an Umbrella Africa facility.
2) Jill wasn't just kidnapped and brainwashed, she was used as a test subject for 3 years, which took an excruciating toll on her body.
3) Considering Rev2 takes place in between RE 5 and 6, there's a good chance Claire will be in 7 especially if Alex Wesker returns (which is, again, very much a possibility).

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
1) Sheva already did kill him once as she and Chris blew his brains out with a pair of rocket launchers, and her parents were killed by B.O.W.s at an Umbrella Africa facility.
2) Jill wasn't just kidnapped and brainwashed, she was used as a test subject for 3 years, which took an excruciating toll on her body.
3) Considering Rev2 takes place in between RE 5 and 6, there's a good chance Claire will be in 7 especially if Alex Wesker returns (which is, again, very much a possibility).
That was my point. It seemed like some people were acting as though Sheva didn't deserve to kill Wesker and that it should have been Jill in her place (also thank you for the clarification on Sheva's parents, I thought it was something along those lines but couldn't remember). And yeah, it sucks for Jill, but a lot of people were killed, which is worse than "an excruciating toll on the body". Pretty much anyone in the entire RE universe would have had some legitimate reason to kill Wesker (I guess we'll have to call him Albert now? Curse you Alex), so I just don't see why it should have been Jill. But then I again I've never particularly liked Jill so it could just be that. Either way, I really don't want Wesker to be revived. If Capcom were to insist on putting him in future installments then they should really stop killing him off. It's frustrating for the players who are trying to follow a coherent story and it comes across as lazy writing on Capcom's part to just say, "oh yeah, by the way he totally survived that". Just my two cents.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I´d like Rebecca,Carlos,Billy,Jake or Sherry to come back. Not all obviously,it would be to much.
But i´d like to see what has become of them.

Ronin

If Jake returned as a protagonist, I can imagine his story being like seeing the ghost of Albert Wesker taunting him to follow his path in changing the world. But Jake refuses to be like him.

MxValentine

Well I think it’s very obvious that Jill will be in RE 7.
Reasons:

- the last main game she was playable in was RE 3 and that’s loong looong ago (although she showed up in RE 5 and played a very important role in there, she was NOT playable)

- why was Jill not mentioned at all in RE 6? Could there be a reason? She was not even mentioned in the files. That sucked back then but now I think that Capcom didn’t just forget mentioning Jill, it seems like Capcom didn’t mention her by purpose because they want her to be the star of RE 7 so she wasn’t mentioned to increase the tension

- there’s a huge potential for the storyline of RE 7 if Jill’s in it because of what she’s been through in RE 5. People want to know how Wesker’s experiments influenced her character, her personal being: is she the same strong Jill as always? or has she changed? if so, what kind of person is Jill Valentine now? What would happen if Jill meets Jake, Wesker’s son, in RE 7? Would she be out for revenge?? Now that could get VERY interesting

- Capcom somehow owe’s us to let us know about Jill’s fate after the events of RE 5 - seriously, people want to know

- Jill’s always in the odd numbered games… RE 1, 3, 5 and - logically - 7…

She may not be the ONLY playable character, but she will - at least - be ONE of the playable characters. Some mentioned Jill being playable alongside Leon - that thought came across my mind many times. I think that would be really cool since both are badass. But I am not so sure about Leon. After all, he was recently in RE 6. But hey, Chris was the main character in 2 games in a row, so who knows. There might be hope for Leon.

As for the other ones: I don’t quite understand why people bring up characters such as Carlos or Billy or Rebecca. I would love to see them again but I don't believe Capcom considers them to be main characters tbh (especially Carlos + Billy). They played their roles in previous games and that's that.

Last edited:

MxValentine

I may just as well say "RE Revelations is not canon. Doesn't matter whether you consider it to be so. It does not continue the current main story, it just explains the happenings in between 2 past games". Obviously we define "canon" differently. I'm okay with that.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
No. It is very clearly canon because it's contained within the canon universe and goes along with the canon storyline. Anything that doesn't is a spin off. This is clearly not a spin off, I don't know how else you could define canon. It doesn't have to linearly continue the story. A prequel is still canon if it follows the main story.

You would argue that Halo Reach is not canon when it comes to the storyline in Halo?

MxValentine

Well as I said.. that's your definition. I wouldn't consider a game to be canon although it doesn't contribute anything to the current main story. I'm not really into Halo so I cannot comment on that.
I consider the 'real' main games to be RE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and CV. I wouldn't range Revelations on the same level as these ones. But it's not my intention to discuss whether RE Revelations is a main game or not. Even if you put that argument aside, there are still enough arguments which make it very likely that Jill will be in RE 7.

Last edited:

AdaWait

Saying that it's "my" definition doesn't really change the facts. That's like me saying that 9/11 didn't happen and you telling me that it did and then me saying that "that's just your opinion bro, I have mine." Yeah, great, doesn't really change the facts.

I still don't understand how you don't think it contributes to the main story. If it doesn't, than many prequels and in-between sequels don't count towards the main story, and that just doesn't make sense.
Borderlands Pre-sequel, is that not canon?

Anyway, I think Jill will probably be in RE7, but I don't know if I agree with your reasoning. Her appearance in the "odd" numbered games doesn't really mean much. I really doubt we will see her character change, if anything, I don't know what there is to change. Jill is quite bland. Even in Revelations she's kind of bland. I think her strongest performance was sadly in RE3. That's actually a huge problem for RE, it's driven by plot rather than character when it should be the other way around, this leads to some bizarre inconsistencies in character development. Finally, Jill isn't mentioned in RE6 because as a general rule, you don't reference characters that aren't in the game.

Leons-sexy-hair

I need brain - two chains the zombie
I think they should kill a few off, it's about time some of the characters die. Chris should have died in 6 to pass the torch to Nivans. They survive some crazy sh**, it's about time the game gets more believable and emotional.
Though I really like the sympathetic and beautiful story Revilstions 2 had.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Jill Valentine. Why? Well I love her since RE1 lol but seriously I want some closure on her story after what happened to her in RE5. I know it was said in an E-Mail to Barry in Rev2 exactly what happened to her, but I'd like to play with her again. I know she was the main of Rev 1, but think about it... Rev 1 was years before RE5 and in RE6 she wasn't mentioned at all, not even in the files. Blasphemy!!! Seems like Capcom doesn't like her.

MxValentine

Jill isn't mentioned in RE6 because as a general rule, you don't reference characters that aren't in the game.

That's not true. Claire and Sheva weren't in RE 6 either but they were mentioned in the files.
And Jill was mentioned in RE Revelations 2 although she wasn't in the game.

AdaWait

Fair point. I don't think I even read about them in RE6. Still, the absence of her mentioning doesn't really warrant her appearance.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Well as I said.. that's your definition. I wouldn't consider a game to be canon although it doesn't contribute anything to the current main story. I'm not really into Halo so I cannot comment on that.
I consider the 'real' main games to be RE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and CV. I wouldn't range Revelations on the same level as these ones. But it's not my intention to discuss whether RE Revelations is a main game or not. Even if you put that argument aside, there are still enough arguments which make it very likely that Jill will be in RE 7.

So what's so special about Code Veronica to you? That game doesn't have a number, either.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
If they bring Jill back, I want her to suffer from some kind of phobia. Who knows maybe she'll quit her job at BSAA. You know, she's been through a lot of sh*t and that shouldn't be easy to swallow. If she returns as an invincible godess, that'd be boring, imo.

Reactions: Hel

slack

Jill and Sherry. I think it'd be pretty sweet if the these two went to investigate a new company or villain that somehow got a hold of information on Jill and Sherry's mutations and is trying to replicate their results. It's a rough concept but you see where I'm going.

(unfortunately that sounds like an action oriented plot.. I would like to see it done in a horror format)

Reactions: Hel

Lithium

Jill/Leon Team-Up and Chris/Claire. If this is really going to be the last numbered Resident Evil (before a reboot or what else the have in mind...) they should feature their "main main" cast. The playable characters from the first two games.

Top Bottom