• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Billy cohen

BillyCoenJCR1418

The "boss" knocked out Billy (from the cutscene) and I'm guessing Billy didn't kill anyone, but was still charged for murder because he was part of the squad. And will Billy return in Dark Chronicles? They showed what happened to Ada during RE2 on Umbrella Chronicles, so maybe... Billy come home!

ResidentZelda

Well he even said in UC "Orders aren't excuse for the slaughter of innocent people" Or something like that, so he actually killed those people.

BillyCoenJCR1418

I really don't think Billy murdered those people simply because in a file on Umbrella Chronicles, it was saying that a single marine was to blame for the 23 deaths. Not giving names of course, but you obviously can tell they blamed Billy for the murders. If you played RE0 before, theres a cutscene where they showed soldiers (not one soldier) shooting innocent villagers. Now you can say that Billy was lying and that cutscene was Billy's view on what happened, but I can't see how one soldier murdered 23 people and the rest of the squad just watched. Billy is innocent! Innocent I say! But if you rather like having the thought of being a murderer, than be my guest!

Sidenote... Resident Evil 0 kicks azz!

ResidentZelda

Yeah I pretty much rely in what I've seen in UC, because I haven't played RE0 all the way through. So I don't really know....it was just a guess

Cameron

Here's to the Atom Bomb
I kind of like how they left it open-ended. It'd be cool to see his fate, but it's also satisfying to leave it up to personal interpretation.

rocklikebrucelee

Huh? Billy didn't kill anyone! Don't you guys remember the RE0 cutscene? They're firing on the innocent Africans, and Billy says "no stop!" and attacks his CO. I always thought he killed his entire squad to protect those people... and ended up getting charged with the whole enchilada...

Fairy_bubbles6989

I never thought about him being the merchant in RE4, but it is a possibility. I'd really love to know who it was and why he was there (and didn't get killed).

bruno

Chief Researcher
The Merchant's existance is not important to the storyline. Also, it couldn't be Billy, he's just a ganado from the village.
Billy will not be in RE:TDC, at least in the main scenarios (RE2, RECV and Operation Javier). I don't know if he'll be in any secret scenario, but i don't think his fate has any importance. For example, it'd me more important to know if Rebecca and/or Barry have even survived the Mansion incident (RE1).
We know Billy has survived the the RE0 incident and now he's hiding from authorities because Rebecca reported his death, but if he's found, he'll still be framed for killing 23 people.

codename: HUNK

Barry did survive, you find that out in RE3. In one of the alternate endings, he comes to pull you out of the city in a chopper just before the bomb hits. He is also in one of the epilogue files.

As for Billy, I think capcom could easily fit him into the story line at this point. After he escaped with rebecca, she reported him dead. Though, keep in mind that this was before the virus broke out into the city. He couldn't afford to stick around, so he most likely fled the country. If he is as tactful as they lead you to believe in RE0, he would have fled to a foreign country, probably mexico. If that is so, they would just need to have another outbreak of the parasite in mexico, in which Billy and a female protagonist must escape, and do their best to put an end to the nightmare, Though I doubt that they would end the entire series with Billy as the hero. That would build suspense, though, because the outbreaks occur just outside the us boarders.

Personally, I think Barry should be the next main character. Him and Rebecca. Capcom has ignored them for far too long.

rocklikebrucelee

codename: HUNK;59966 said:
If that is so, they would just need to have another outbreak of the parasite in mexico, in which Billy and a female protagonist must escape, and do their best to put an end to the nightmare.

Why female though? I'm getting tired of that same pairing in EVERY RE game. :\

rocklikebrucelee

I don't know if this counts as double-posting, but...

bruno;59929 said:
Also, it couldn't be Billy, he's just a ganado from the village.

A ganado is someone infected by the plagas (ganado means "the won-over" in spanish). If he was a ganado, he'd be trying to kill you. Not sell you weapons. I doubt he was from the village at all, or he'd be infected or dead. The merchant doesn't matter. He's just a way to get weapons like the weapons screen from RE5. Why do people put so much importance to the merchant?! It's retarded!

Top Bottom