• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Big predictions

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I agree with Capcomplicated. Capcom should be paying attention to what the fans want, not what will sell more. Don't they have enough damn money?

I'm sure their predictions have to do with Resident Evil's popularity and how many hits they have gotten on the internet. But that doesn't change the fact that fans will know whether or not they want the game by the time it comes out. I'm trying to not get excited for this game until I see some longer bits of gameplay. We should at E3 but we have to by TGS if its out this winter.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
If it does as well as they are projecting i hope it doesnt create a mindset of where to go with the series. I'm a concerned fan.

I'm hoping it's just an isolated thing, trying something new out, but just for the sake of doing it. That's totally fine, there's nothing wrong with that.

If what's in ORC becomes the basic gameplay for RE, that won't be cool or alright.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
If it does as well as they are projecting i hope it doesnt create a mindset of where to go with the series. I'm a concerned fan.

I agree with this ^^^

This title may be a nice side story of a game that may be pretty fun but I do not want this to be the new direction that the series will continue to go.

What I am saying here is that I really do not want to see this gameplay style used for most of the future Resident Evil Titles.

In all honesty I just want Capcom to get back to there "horror roots" and finally make a true Next Gen Resident Evil game complete with the classic RE style.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I agree with this ^^^

This title may be a nice side story of a game that may be pretty fun but I do not want this to be the new direction that the series will continue to go.

What I am saying here is that I really do not want to see this gameplay style used for most of the future Resident Evil Titles.

In all honesty I just want Capcom to get back to there "horror roots" and finally make a true Next Gen Resident Evil game complete with the classic RE style.

I don't think they should make this the new RE gameplay, but I do think that ORC should be as much of a 3rd Person shooter as possible, so that RE fans that complain about RE4 can see the difference between RE4's not 3rd Person Shooter controls versus ORC's.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm hoping it's just an isolated thing, trying something new out, but just for the sake of doing it. That's totally fine, there's nothing wrong with that.

If what's in ORC becomes the basic gameplay for RE, that won't be cool or alright.

I don't think that theyre gonna use this format for RE6 or anymore main titles...im with you spike...i think this will be cool for it being a one of a kind RE game and if it sells big hey, more power to Capcom...I just think that they should use some of that power in taking into account what true blue fans want for a game in the main cannon...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't think that theyre gonna use this format for RE6 or anymore main titles...im with you spike...i think this will be cool for it being a one of a kind RE game and if it sells big hey, more power to Capcom...I just think that they should use some of that power in taking into account what true blue fans want for a game in the main cannon...

I hope they don't use it later, but I do hope that people who like to complain about RE4, play this and realize that there was nothing wrong with RE4's gameplay, or controls.

T-Vaccinated Kid

I think they have done this for Revelations. I also think most RE fans will hate that they made it for the 3DS. Hey if you want to hold that thing up to your face all day thats fine but its not for me.

I'm glad they are making a game like this set in Raccoon City. It should put us in a more realistic version of the horror that was RE2 and RE3. But I really hope they continue to make RE games that emulate not only the atmosphere but the gameplay of the classic RE games.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think they have done this for Revelations. I also think most RE fans will hate that they made it for the 3DS. Hey if you want to hold that thing up to your face all day thats fine but its not for me.

I'm glad they are making a game like this set in Raccoon City. It should put us in a more realistic version of the horror that was RE2 and RE3. But I really hope they continue to make RE games that emulate not only the atmosphere but the gameplay of the classic RE games.

See i think the 3DS version is a good think...RE is branching out, gaining more fans...i mean i'm all for it...that game is a quarter of the reason i want a 3DS...

T-Vaccinated Kid

See i think the 3DS version is a good think...RE is branching out, gaining more fans...i mean i'm all for it...that game is a quarter of the reason i want a 3DS...

I just think the 3DS itself is a bad idea. I played one at Target and IDK if its just the game I was playing but you have to hold it parallel to your line of sight or it gets all blury. It made me feel like I needed glasses. Not 3D glasses but actual "I can't see" glasses.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I just think the 3DS itself is a bad idea. I played one at Target and IDK if its just the game I was playing but you have to hold it parallel to your line of sight or it gets all blury. It made me feel like I needed glasses. Not 3D glasses but actual "I can't see" glasses.

Huh, well that dosnt sound good..but it could be the settings werent perfect due to it being just a demo machine in a department store...

T-Vaccinated Kid

400? Where i live its 250...

Oh I thought it was 300. That and then your probably gonna want a game or two. I don't know I guess I'm not the best person to ask about the 3DS. I never got into the DS enough to buy one even with great games like Pokemon and Mario. The last thing Nintendo I bought was a Gameboy Advance SP. Speaking of Nintendo they are rumored to be announcing a new console at E3. :eek: Thats gonna eff up the whole gaming industry. I'm [probably (depending on RE Revelations and KH3D)] gonna pass on the 3DS and wait for Sony's next gen handheld. That thing looks BEAST! That reminds me, Sony might announce it's name. They gotta have some demos for it at least.

Wait. This isn't the E3 thread! :confused: My bad.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

I agree about the 3DS. Not that it's bad, but that it's bad that games are being released exclusively on that. I don't want to buy it just for Revelations and that Mercs stuff...and whatever else they release on there....but I feel obligated to.

I do hope that they port those games on 3DS to something like the Wii, that'd be cool.

Oh, and regarding Revelations gameplay, I think it looks great. It looks like it will play with RE5's RE control scheme(hopefully), and one thing seems to have been added, the ability to walk while aiming, which is nice. It was never a complaint from me, but I'll appreciate having it, especially since we've had it before, Outbreak File#2, & Dead Aim.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh I thought it was 300. That and then your probably gonna want a game or two. I don't know I guess I'm not the best person to ask about the 3DS. I never got into the DS enough to buy one even with great games like Pokemon and Mario. The last thing Nintendo I bought was a Gameboy Advance SP. Speaking of Nintendo they are rumored to be announcing a new console at E3. :eek: Thats gonna eff up the whole gaming industry. I'm [probably (depending on RE Revelations and KH3D)] gonna pass on the 3DS and wait for Sony's next gen handheld. That thing looks BEAST! That reminds me, Sony might announce it's name. They gotta have some demos for it at least.

Wait. This isn't the E3 thread! :confused: My bad.

The new Nintendo console is supposed to be an HD console..

Top Bottom