• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bad Dates & Dealbreakers

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm not entirely sure whether or not this counts as a date, in fact I have trouble distinguishing between going on a date and just meeting for fun, but I think it's a fitting story for this thread.

Whoever remembers my encounters with Mini-Wesker might have figured out I have this... effect on male teenagers, so it won't come as a surprise that my boyfriend was also a teenager when we got together. Since my old workplace was just around the corner of his school (which is why we had met in the first place; we once bumped into each other while trying to exit the bus at the same time), we sometimes spent our lunch breaks together, and this time we were alone and discussing the future. He was in his last year, about to leave school and perhaps go to university, and a big change was imminent in my own life as well. So we were talking about how you should enjoy every moment because you never know what the future brings, and as chliché as it sounds, this somehow led to us making out.

And damn, was it strange! There had been some attraction between us before, but mostly of a playful nature and often awkward because he was rather shy, and even though his best friend's girlfriend had been shipping us since the beginning, I had never given it a serious thought. And there I was, kissing that kid and wondering what the hell I was thinking. Obviously I wasn't thinking at all, and I don't even remember the first few minutes after the kiss, but I do remember how awkward it was to walk back to work/school at the end of the break and acting like nothing had happened. And the most embarrassing part is yet to come: I didn't see him for a week after that because I didn't know how to deal with this new situation and deliberately took the late bus to avoid him, pretending to be ill when people inevitably started wondering where I was...

Well, there you have it. Even the goddess of the dead has some silly tales to tell.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Top 3 deal breakers for me are:
  1. Incompatible sense of humour. I don't mind if a woman doesn't find everything I like comedy wise funny (I tend to like surreal comedians like Ross Noble and Tim Minchin, as well as more mainstream ones), but there has to be at least a little overlap.
  2. Obsession/Arrogance concerning physical attributes. Life and love ain't all about how you look. Yes, physical attraction plays a part, but it's not the be all and end all.
  3. Racism, Sexism, or Homophobia. This one's self-explanatory.
There's other things as well, but these are the big ones for me.

As for dates, I've never been on one. I usually jump straight into relationships with women. I'm going slightly off topic here, but the worst I've been treated in one was I was seeing this woman, who's name I've thankfully since forgotten. It was my first proper relationship, and I thought everything was fine.
At the time, I used to go into Manchester City Centre every Saturday, hang with her and some friends, maybe buy an album, or a film, or a game, whatever, then stay the night at hers, til Sunday night.
One Saturday, I called one of my friends who I'd hang with, arranged to meet, etc., when she said "I've heard about you and her. Are you doing OK?"
I didn't have a clue what she was on about, and said as much. Long story short, my ex had told her family she'd split up with me and got back with her ex. Her friend (who was friends with my friend) heard that from my ex's brother, told my friend, who told me.
I was the last person to find out she'd split up with me. And she never gave me an explanation as to why.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Top 3 deal breakers for me are:
  1. Incompatible sense of humour. I don't mind if a woman doesn't find everything I like comedy wise funny (I tend to like surreal comedians like Ross Noble and Tim Minchin, as well as more mainstream ones), but there has to be at least a little overlap.
  2. Obsession/Arrogance concerning physical attributes. Life and love ain't all about how you look. Yes, physical attraction plays a part, but it's not the be all and end all.
  3. Racism, Sexism, or Homophobia. This one's self-explanatory.
There's other things as well, but these are the big ones for me.

As for dates, I've never been on one. I usually jump straight into relationships with women. I'm going slightly off topic here, but the worst I've been treated in one was I was seeing this woman, who's name I've thankfully since forgotten. It was my first proper relationship, and I thought everything was fine.
At the time, I used to go into Manchester City Centre every Saturday, hang with her and some friends, maybe buy an album, or a film, or a game, whatever, then stay the night at hers, til Sunday night.
One Saturday, I called one of my friends who I'd hang with, arranged to meet, etc., when she said "I've heard about you and her. Are you doing OK?"
I didn't have a clue what she was on about, and said as much. Long story short, my ex had told her family she'd split up with me and got back with her ex. Her friend (who was friends with my friend) heard that from my ex's brother, told my friend, who told me.
I was the last person to find out she'd split up with me. And she never gave me an explanation as to why.
I'm that way as well I just dive head first into relationships and hope my tongue game is on point. :shocked:

I do have to say though if I went on a date how could you not do everything in your power to impress the other person. Not paying for McDonalds lol come on. You play yourself up if your interested and sell the **** out of yourself. Give them a reason to come back for another date.

I do have to say I laughed out loud at the "aesthetic frivolities" bit. Like taking care of your body is a frivolous thing to do. But hey, each their own there is somebody out there for everyone....I'm sure

Reactions: JHJ
Top Bottom