• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Ashley Graham= Sherry Birkin Theory.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Made a new thread so we can talk about this. Okay so here's my theory...

The President adopted her after she was taken by the FBI/government, but not before they had wiped her memories to protect her sanity. Leon knew about what had happened to her all along and that's why he went to extremes to protect her in RE4. He knew who she really was but played along with her being Ashley Graham, the president's daughter. They're only 2 years apart and could very well be the same person... Maybe in RE6 Ashley discovers her true identity,and in anger escapes with the mysterious character who's in a similar situation as her.

Also the only explanation I have for the 2 year time diff is the fact that the government wiped away her memory before they knew how old she was and Annette burned all her records. Anywho discuss!

Jakeykins18

Useless
re4_ashley.jpg

Sherry_Birkin_by_Bianca4050.jpg

UH
YES.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I have also consideres this possibility some time before.
However, I don't think this is true since the "mercenary" scenario is specifically meant for new RE6 players, so Capcom shouldn't use characters with such a backstory. It might be Sherry (i doubt it), but complicating her story even more would be confusing for new players.

Ahsley has brown eyes and Sherry has green/blue eyes.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I have also consideres this possibility some time before.
However, I don't think this is true since the "mercenary" scenario is specifically meant for new RE6 players, so Capcom shouldn't use characters with such a backstory. It might be Sherry (i doubt it), but complicating her story even more would be confusing for new players.

Ahsley has brown eyes and Sherry has green/blue eyes.

Ah, yes you're right. I haven't had too much time to think about the similarities/differences physically. I'm guessing there would be no explanation for the different eye color... Unless she wore... COLORED CONTACTS. :D haha

The new players over complicate things for the hardcore oldschool fans... Like not re-introducing old characters fans loved and adored for quite some time because it could "confuse" the new fans. :(

bruno

Chief Researcher
Ah, yes you're right. I haven't had too much time to think about the similarities/differences physically. I'm guessing there would be no explanation for the different eye color... Unless she wore... COLORED CONTACTS. :D haha

The new players over complicate things for the hardcore oldschool fans... Like not re-introducing old characters fans loved and adored for quite some time because it could "confuse" the new fans. :(

I would like to see older characters, but if it happens, I think it's more likely to happen in Chris' or Leon's scenario than in the "mercenary" scenario, based on it being for new gamers.. that's just my opinion though, I might be wrong.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Made a new thread so we can talk about this. Okay so here's my theory...

The President adopted her after she was taken by the FBI/government, but not before they had wiped her memories to protect her sanity. Leon knew about what had happened to her all along and that's why he went to extremes to protect her in RE4. He knew who she really was but played along with her being Ashley Graham, the president's daughter. They're only 2 years apart and could very well be the same person... Maybe in RE6 Ashley discovers her true identity,and in anger escapes with the mysterious character who's in a similar situation as her.

Also the only explanation I have for the 2 year time diff is the fact that the government wiped away her memory before they knew how old she was and Annette burned all her records. Anywho discuss!

That's so f***ed up it just might be true xD

I mean it's totally something Capcom would do.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I would like to see older characters, but if it happens, I think it's more likely to happen in Chris' or Leon's scenario than in the "mercenary" scenario, based on it being for new gamers.. that's just my opinion though, I might be wrong.

Yeah you have really good points. I guess I was just trying to find Ashley's relevance in the series and that was the only theory I could come up with lol. I really didn't see why she had to be introduced in RE4, she was more of a nuisance than anything, but if she were Sherry it'd make a whole lot of sense... Something Capcom doesn't have lately.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Maybe this is why Leon denied "Ashley's" "overtime".
Because he's known her since she was twelve.
lolololol.
Wouldn't Sherry remember Leon too, though? Wouldn't there have been this huge: "Hey, you're that guy that hung out with Claire who saved me in Raccoon City that one time..." thing in RE4?

Jakeykins18

Useless

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Wouldn't Sherry remember Leon too, though? Wouldn't there have been this huge: "Hey, you're that guy that hung out with Claire who saved me in Raccoon City that one time..." thing in RE4?

Not if they wiped her memory to keep her from going insane when they initially captured her. That's why she thinks she's Ashley Graham. lol

Jakeykins18

Useless
Another thing that's pretty minor that I just feel like adding :
I remember in RE2 Sherry was quick to run off alone and go do something with dozens of zombie running around. And didn't you notice how Ashley was always trying to help Leon like driving that big bulldozer or crank the platforms out of the water alone.
NO FEAR.
They both have the same level of courage.
Its not really a saying but :
You can raise an animal from birth but it always has it's instinct.
And didn't you see the blonde girl jumpin' off roofs and hopin onto motorcycles?

Meh.

Mr Sunshine

DON'T GIVE UP! Wesker got his own cute eye color change! ;)

It's all part of the new virus they injected her, including the memory loss!

NOT TO MENTION JILL BECAME A BLONDE! **** HAPPENS IN RE!

Another thing that's pretty minor that I just feel like adding :
I remember in RE2 Sherry was quick to run off alone and go do something with dozens of zombie running around. And didn't you notice how Ashley was always trying to help Leon like driving that big bulldozer or crank the platforms out of the water alone.
NO FEAR.
They both have the same level of courage.
Its not really a saying but :
You can raise an animal from birth but it always has it's instinct.
And didn't you see the blonde girl jumpin' off roofs and hopin onto motorcycles?

Meh.
The-Lonely-Island-Like-a-Boss.jpg
LIKE A BOSS!!!

Top Bottom