• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know how to open your NAT on Xbox live?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So right now my NAT is strict... I can hardly play games with anyone and Some people I cant even get messages through too.... Anyone know what to do?

Hoady

Find out your router name then search in google "port forward 'your router name' to xbox live(or something similar).

I've done a few routers, some are easier then others. Just manual an I.P Address to your xbox(the internet info that it has set automatically in the xbox, rewrite the same into manual settings), go to your routers homepage(you would type your I.P address into your internet browser, so something like 168.192.1.2) then you are in.
From there:
1. Easiest is DMZ. If your router has it, you type in the Xbox Manual I.P address(if you did it),tick the box and done.
2.Next is UDP and TPP or something. You put in specific numbers to make the xbox NAT go away. All routers i have tried already has the xbox live numbers pre ready in a drop box.

There are probably other ways but those are the ones i know of. Sometimes when you first assign it, the xbox connection can drop out(not always) so stick with it for a day if you manage to get it working.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I have a strict nat too even though I have opened the ports for xbox. Thing is with my router, it has dmz but I can only enable it for one device and I am using that for my ps3. Even then I only get a moderate nat on my ps3 instead of open.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I tried looking up a solution for you AgentZero, however I'm going to have to know what type of modem and/or router you're using because depending on what kind of modem and/or router your using depends on how you can fix it and it's different for each router and/or modem.

If you can just tell me what kind of Modem and/or router you're using, I'll look up the solution for you. I don't need to know your IP address, just go to your modem and/or router and just tell me what kind it is (An example of what I need is something like this. "It was made by Motorola.", "It was made by Linksys.", "It was made by Netgear.". etc., etc.). Once you find out and tell me what type of Modem and/or Router you're using I'll find a video that'll help you.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I found one solution. Rather this solution works with a Netgear modem or only a Netgear Router, I don't know, but here is what I found.

• Step 1 - Open your web browser on your computer.
  • Step 2 - Type in the IP address in the URL bar.
  • Step 3 - You should be asked to type in your username and password. If so then type in the username and password of your Netgear device.
  • Step 4 - If you typed in your username and password right then you'll be taken to a Netgear page.
  • Step 5 - On the Netgear page go to WAN Setup and choose the Advanced section.
  • Step 6 - Make sure SPI Firewall is checked DISABLED
  • Step 7 - On NAT Filtering choose Open
  • Step 8 - Make sure the UPnP is turned on
  • Step 9 - Turn on your Xbox 360 and check to see if it has been swtiched to Open.
Now I should warn you that if the NAT filtering is not showing on the WAN setup page under the Advanced section then I don't know how to fix that.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I found one solution. Rather this solution works with a Netgear modem or only a Netgear Router, I don't know, but here is what I found.

• Step 1 - Open your web browser on your computer.
  • Step 2 - Type in the IP address in the URL bar.
  • Step 3 - You should be asked to type in your username and password. If so then type in the username and password of your Netgear device.
  • Step 4 - If you typed in your username and password right then you'll be taken to a Netgear page.
  • Step 5 - On the Netgear page go to WAN Setup and choose the Advanced section.
  • Step 6 - Make sure SPI Firewall is checked DISABLED
  • Step 7 - On NAT Filtering choose Open
  • Step 8 - Make sure the UPnP is turned on
  • Step 9 - Turn on your Xbox 360 and check to see if it has been swtiched to Open.
Now I should warn you that if the NAT filtering is not showing on the WAN setup page under the Advanced section then I don't know how to fix that.
Thanks!

Mod edit: Real name edited out.

Top Bottom