• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Anyone else Bored of RE6?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm currently bored with it.

I've played all the campaigns
I've played Agent Hunt
I've played all Mercenaries modes with all the characters
I've found the hidden collectables
I've received most of the acheivements

So yea, right now I'm pretty bored.

Waiting for some DLC for mercenary stages and characters at the moment.

Then I will get back into it.

Darkness

Infected
As i watch videos of RE4, i'm reminded of why i liked it so much, and what it had that RE6 lacks. Specifically i was talking about re generators one time, so i went to go remissness about what they looked like. As i watch the scene where you first meet them, i recognize the player having to go back and forth through the rooms, finding keycards, activating switches to turn off freezers, and finding the right path through trial and error. I look back at RE6, and i realize that it has none of this, there is absolutely no reason to be in any one area for more than 10 seconds. There is little to no interation with the environment, no things that you HAVE to find. No going back to previous areas after a new discovery that changes things. For all intents and purposes, you could run through RE6 without even stopping to shoot anything or look at the scenery.

Remember in RE4 when there's this chimera on a door in the castle that you have to find like 3 different peices in order to advance, so you go through like 3 different areas before being able to move on? And after you went through each area and got a piece, there was that typewriter and merchant there, which was like this point of refreshment, like buying, selling, upgrading, gearing up for the next challenge. That was awesome. When was RE6 ever like that?

As i search my mind for some type of similar search or puzzle, i can barely think of anything. In leons campaign, there's one house in Tall Oaks that's locked, where you have to find a key to unlock the door, but it's only one room over, and if i remember correctly, there was a little nav point of exactly where it was. It took like 10 seconds to figure out. Remember in the same campaign where where in some underground catacombs and there was a missing crank that you needed to find to proceed? A zombie actually brings the damn thing to you, what the hell?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
^ That's an excellent post.

I'm actually really quite bored with the game as well. I've never really been into any Mercenaries mode; I'm not terribly competitive when it comes to video games - high scores mean ass to me so I've always found them to be a waste of time. I've already shared my sentiments on the campaigns.. I've played them all, plus Ada and Leon's a second time and it's just... meh, I'm having a really hard time getting into it.

Previous RE installments have all had an addictive quality that have made it difficult to put the controller down - especially RE 4 IMO. This one - I don't know, there's something about the gameplay, perhaps as Darkness has so eloquently pointed out - that doesn't entertain or draw me in the way it used to. It seems so rushed and messy - I've tried so bloody hard to like it but it's just... missing something.

Champloo

Another thing are those QTE's. I'm honestly ok with doing QTE's in moderation, but this game takes them to a whole new level. Throughout the campaigns they caused like 90% of my deaths in the game, and don't get me started on the rope climbing ones -____-

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
huh.....after i've managed to continue my second run on Veteran, i've quite found a nice challenge for me:p (i like the change, from my first play through Normal to Veteran), sure this may not be "something" to anyone but to me it is, and My Oh My. i like it......and Yesss, i get to amuze myself again on Chris's campain (when i do his campain, being Chris) Praising/Thanking Piers on the first few missions.....

Chris: Hell Yeah !

Piers: I appreciate that

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
As i watch videos of RE4, i'm reminded of why i liked it so much, and what it had that RE6 lacks. Specifically i was talking about re generators one time, so i went to go remissness about what they looked like. As i watch the scene where you first meet them, i recognize the player having to go back and forth through the rooms, finding keycards, activating switches to turn off freezers, and finding the right path through trial and error. I look back at RE6, and i realize that it has none of this, there is absolutely no reason to be in any one area for more than 10 seconds. There is little to no interation with the environment, no things that you HAVE to find. No going back to previous areas after a new discovery that changes things. For all intents and purposes, you could run through RE6 without even stopping to shoot anything or look at the scenery.

Remember in RE4 when there's this chimera on a door in the castle that you have to find like 3 different peices in order to advance, so you go through like 3 different areas before being able to move on? And after you went through each area and got a piece, there was that typewriter and merchant there, which was like this point of refreshment, like buying, selling, upgrading, gearing up for the next challenge. That was awesome. When was RE6 ever like that?

As i search my mind for some type of similar search or puzzle, i can barely think of anything. In leons campaign, there's one house in Tall Oaks that's locked, where you have to find a key to unlock the door, but it's only one room over, and if i remember correctly, there was a little nav point of exactly where it was. It took like 10 seconds to figure out. Remember in the same campaign where where in some underground catacombs and there was a missing crank that you needed to find to proceed? A zombie actually brings the damn thing to you, what the hell?

This. Although RE4 wasn't a traditional survival horror release, it was in my opinion a masterpiece. Such an addicting game <3

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Has ANYONE registered on residentevil.net? Because I find it gives me another reason to keep playing, and it's actually a pretty big part of the game with all of the competitions and whatnot that you can enter, points that you can get to buy costumes, etc. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it. That's why the developers created it actually, because they found that a lot of people weren't finishing RE5 and they wanted to monitor everyone's progress and give them more of an incentive to keep playing. And although there's not a ton of unlockables YET, with the addition of co op for Ada, and new camera modes coming in December, I'm sure that they're going to be doling out more and more unlockables with time if everyone just sits tight. And btw, just registering alone, having never completed Ada's campaign will send a message to them that you got bored here, and is your best way of giving them "input" if you'd like them to do something about it. They do try to listen to their consumers, but they're doing it right now through residentevil.net. Register seriously. It's like voting for gamers just by playing.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Has ANYONE registered on residentevil.net? Because I find it gives me another reason to keep playing, and it's actually a pretty big part of the game with all of the competitions and whatnot that you can enter, points that you can get to buy costumes, etc. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it. That's why the developers created it actually, because they found that a lot of people weren't finishing RE5 and they wanted to monitor everyone's progress and give them more of an incentive to keep playing. And although there's not a ton of unlockables YET, with the addition of co op for Ada, and new camera modes coming in December, I'm sure that they're going to be doling out more and more unlockables with time if everyone just sits tight. And btw, just registering alone, having never completed Ada's campaign will send a message to them that you got bored here, and is your best way of giving them "input" if you'd like them to do something about it. They do try to listen to their consumers, but they're doing it right now through residentevil.net. Register seriously. It's like voting for gamers just by playing.

Welcome to the forum :)

And yeah, i'm on RE.NET and love it. It comes up quite alot on the forums, there's threads for the events etc. and what people think will be available as unlockables in the future, hopefully you stick around and we can have some good discussions about it all.

Top Bottom