• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Zero Anybody playing zero for the first time with the HD remaster?

black 93

Since this has been a nintendo exclusive for over a decade, and i know many people personally who havent played this yet, i was just wondering if the HD version will be your first time playing? If it is, i envy you. Zero is probably the most underated canonical game at the minute. But be warned, if you struggled with remake your in for a rough ride with zero. Its brutally hard in areas mainly because you have to keep two characters alive at once. Many items take up two slots in your inventory and ammo seems more scarce than ever. I urge you to not give up on it though, once you have it down its actually really fun. I myself didnt beat zero until about 2012 and now its one of my favourites.

Fenris

Wolf :)
I don't know if you can count playing RE0 on a lame a** emulator with a lot of lags, bugs, lacking graphic and missing sound as a real "playthrough". I'm just looking forward to play it on a real console again with the real "experience." From my current standpoint RE0 is the worst Game of the Main Series. Maybe the remaster edition will change my opinion.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yes and I can't wait! I'm so excited. Dunno when I'll get to it seeing as how I don't have internet to download it right now but I'm still super excited that this will finally be available for PlayStation!

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I had it on GameCube but I didn't complete it. Looking forward to the REmake for PS4. I don't remember the game being super difficult.. I got stuck on a few puzzles that's for sure. Don't recall items taking 2 slots in the inventory that sounds awful lol.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Lol ........... anyways , now I have officially played every Resident evil game ever made ! Heres hoping for a code veronica remaster

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Last few posts about "first times" didn't sound sexual at all >_> We still talking about Resident evil 0 ? lol wtf

Aurelius

Yep, first time player here. Out of the many consoles that I own, I never had the GameCube and wasn't really interested in it. About the only time I did play one was at a friend's house when Smash Bros Melee first came out.
Definitely loving RE Zero though!

I already beat story mode but that was with the help of a walkthrough... and a trainer! I'll most likely do another playthrough without cheats as I am fairly good at RE's old style of gameplay, but the fact that I have to juggle two inventories without the use of an item box and still keep both characters alive will take some time getting used to. I do like the no item box feature though. It will be good practice for when I decide to try out REmake's Real Survivor mode.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
So yea I'm loving the game but tbh I'm having a tough time playing through on normal. Is it just me or does Zero seem harder than any of the other Resi games? Maybe it's just cause it's my first time playing it but I've died a lot more times on this than I did on the other games.

black 93

So yea I'm loving the game but tbh I'm having a tough time playing through on normal. Is it just me or does Zero seem harder than any of the other Resi games? Maybe it's just cause it's my first time playing it but I've died a lot more times on this than I did on the other games.
It's definitley one of the more challenging ones. It's the only RE where iv actually ran out of ammo and herbs, plus Rebecca can only take like 3 hits lol

Shocker

I've played for a few hours and must say...not all that impressed. Sure the graphics are incredible and gameplay is ok but the enemies are dull IMO. Dunno, something just bugs me about this game. I put it down and played through RE3 again.

Top Bottom