• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Any Chance of Jill Valentine being in RE6?

KKAAIIG

I know it's set 10 years after Raccoon City witch would make the RE6 timeline 2008, and RE5 was 2009 but was this a slight error? or am I wrong? Anyway do you think Jill could be in RE6? I'd love to see her or Claire again! ;D

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Even if the year the game is set in is a slight error I think you'd be hard pressed to find any female protagonist we've seen before in this game.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
If this game does indeed take place 10 years after the raocon City outbreak like the original interviews said that would put it 1 year before RE5 which makes it pretty unlikely we will see Jill because she disapeared back in 2005 during LIN and was not found by Chris until the events of RE5 which took place in 2009.

However, Capcom could make it to where she only appears in Leon or the unnamed guy's part of the game. That way Chris does not meet her and it doesn't contradict anything.

KKAAIIG

If this game does indeed take place 10 years after the raocon City outbreak like the original interviews said that would put it 1 year before RE5 which makes it pretty unlikely we will see Jill because she disapeared back in 2005 during LIN and was not found by Chris until the events of RE5 which took place in 2009.

However, Capcom could make it to where she only appears in Leon or the unnamed guy's part of the game. That way Chris does not meet her and it doesn't contradict anything.
What I don't understand is why set it a year before RE5?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
What I don't understand is why set it a year before RE5?

I have no clue.

Only Capcom knows at this point.

But the interviews Capcom gave upon the release of the initial trailer said the game would take place 10 years after the events of Racoon City.

Racoon City happened in 1998 which would put this game in 2008 while RE5 is in 2009.

I don't agree or think its the right move either but there is no denying the story interviews that where given.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think either "10 years after Racoon City" is wrong, or Leon's part occurs before RE5...
They may also be changing the timeline, placing RE in 2003, unlikely, but Capcom is Capcom... Let's see what they'll make in ORC.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
And I don't think this game will be a prequel because they wouldn't have named it 6, but I hope not at least.

Well the first half of RE3 did not take place after RE2 and instead took place BEFORE it.

So this game being numerically higher doesn't automatically make it after RE5.

Just a FYI...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Yeah but it was that final half of the game that made it the third game in the series.

But the final half of the game added nothing to continue the story.

So really Code Veronica was technically the 3rd game in the series since it actually moved the story forward.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Actually, the last part of the third one did add something, the whole world found out and Raccoon was destroyed; we didn't see that in RE2. (Just a little bit of trivia.)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Actually, the last part of the third one did add something, the whole world found out and Raccoon was destroyed; we didn't see that in RE2. (Just a little bit of trivia.)

Wasn't that revealed in Code Veronica?

I always saw RE3 as just a side story to RE2 that gives us a look at what Jill was doing during the events of RE2. I never looked at it as a sequel.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Wasn't that revealed in Code Veronica?

I always saw RE3 as just a side story to RE2 that gives us a look at what Jill was doing during the events of RE2. I never looked at it as a sequel.
It might have been but RE3 came before CV so CV would have just reiterated that if it was included.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
It might have been but RE3 came before CV so CV would have just reiterated that if it was included.

Yea I know it came before Code veronica.

But my point was that RE3 could have easily been left out of the series and the main storyline advancement it did give could have easily been explained in the intro of Code Veronica.

Top Bottom