• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Am i worrying for no reason?

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
*sigh*

They already said those won't be in the ACTUAL game, and the ESRB rating leak confirmed there will be zombies, B.O.W.s, and cutscenes in the actual game itself. Kawata also confirmed it'll have exploration, combat, item management, puzzles, all of the elements of a RE game.

Next time, do your research before mimicking hysterical "DON'T BUY DIS GAME!" rants from the Capcom-Unity boards.
Lol well the ESRB leak confirmed that there will be mutant creatures. Now "mutant creatures" sound like BOW to me. And I don't think the Bakers are gonna be the only enemies in the game, maybe Jack Baker is like American counterpart of Osmund Saddler. As for the zombies there's this from RE 7 photogrammetry.

Screenshot-8_28_2016-8_24_46-AM.jpg

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't know how much I agree with that. I'm not doing the math or anything, but from what I remember, the game is just as varied as RE4. Besides, it's unfair to discredit a much shorter game for not having as many of this and that than much longer games. And if we're counting the other games as well, then that's just blatantly not true. The classics nor do the Revelations series have nearly as many boss fights or enemy types than any of the later main installments.

The Revelation games definitely have less different types over. RE5 primarily focused on Majini. While RE5 did have those hallucinating bug things. Most of the enemies in my opinion felt a little uninspired in comparison to RE3 or even RE6. RE6 had some enemies that varied for each story. Some are more inspired, but not nescairly effective to the developers intention to the player. A good example of this was the Ustanak who Capcom liked to claim was one of the scariest RE creatures to date, something it wasn't.

The original RE and even RE0 was very varied. First I'm fighting Zombies, then I find infected flora and fauna. I'm discovering all these animals and even marine life that's been experimented on. It's constantly changing as I'm exploring, and those Leeches? AWESOME! RE5 started with fighting people and ended with fighting people with less alternative enemy types in the mix. RE4 had a range from the crazy Garrador's to Regenerators. I was also disappointed with the Chainsaw guy in RE5 who did not feel nearly as aggressive as the Dr. Slavador. Not to mention he repeated the same attacks so you can fight them without even moving with decent aim and the right rifle. Or just shot, punch, repeat.

Let's keep in mind that enemies behaved differently in RE4 in different areas where in RE5 we saw very little of that. The AI felt a little more advance on the Game Cube version of RE4 imho, but the AI did feel more aggressive in RE5. They ran after you more rather than slow down as they got closer to you. The enemies of RE4 were in my opinion very creative and well designed. RE5 had some fantastic enemies as well. And the Wesker fight's were well designed minus the final battle, which I think was poorly programmed as he could flick you into the lava without even hitting you.

In the end I love both games almost equally for different reasons :D

Turo602

The King of Kings
The Revelation games definitely have less different types over. RE5 primarily focused on Majini. While RE5 did have those hallucinating bug things. Most of the enemies in my opinion felt a little uninspired in comparison to RE3 or even RE6. RE6 had some enemies that varied for each story. Some are more inspired, but not nescairly effective to the developers intention to the player. A good example of this was the Ustanak who Capcom liked to claim was one of the scariest RE creatures to date, something it wasn't.

The original RE and even RE0 was very varied. First I'm fighting Zombies, then I find infected flora and fauna. I'm discovering all these animals and even marine life that's been experimented on. It's constantly changing as I'm exploring, and those Leeches? AWESOME! RE5 started with fighting people and ended with fighting people with less alternative enemy types in the mix. RE4 had a range from the crazy Garrador's to Regenerators. I was also disappointed with the Chainsaw guy in RE5 who did not feel nearly as aggressive as the Dr. Slavador. Not to mention he repeated the same attacks so you can fight them without even moving with decent aim and the right rifle. Or just shot, punch, repeat.

Let's keep in mind that enemies behaved differently in RE4 in different areas where in RE5 we saw very little of that. The AI felt a little more advance on the Game Cube version of RE4 imho, but the AI did feel more aggressive in RE5. They ran after you more rather than slow down as they got closer to you. The enemies of RE4 were in my opinion very creative and well designed. RE5 had some fantastic enemies as well. And the Wesker fight's were well designed minus the final battle, which I think was poorly programmed as he could flick you into the lava without even hitting you.

In the end I love both games almost equally for different reasons :D

Resident Evil 5 still has more variety than any of the older games. It's easy to list off enemies from other Resident Evil games and then ignore what RE5 had and say they just had Majini when the game also had plenty of variants which were all different from each other. You had your standard town Majini, Marshlands Majini, and Military Majini. Then there was the Big Man, Giant, and Gatling Gun Majinis as well. I'd also argue that the Chainsaw Majini in RE5 is way more intimidating than Dr. Salvador. Dr. Salvador was weak. All it takes is one shotgun blast to send Salvador flying and down for a while so you can keep on knifing him. The Chainsaw Majini had a tiny weak point on his face which you could take great advantage of if you're skilled enough, but otherwise, he's going to keep chasing you and won't get slowed down by a single shotgun blast to the body. There's also times when he gets up after death and goes on a rampage with the chainsaw which makes him even more unpredictable than Dr. Salvador. Then there's dogs, crocodiles, kipepeo, executioner, lickers, and reapers. I don't see how that's not varied.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Resident Evil 5 still has more variety than any of the older games. It's easy to list off enemies from other Resident Evil games and then ignore what RE5 had and say they just had Majini when the game also had plenty of variants which were all different from each other. You had your standard town Majini, Marshlands Majini, and Military Majini. Then there was the Big Man, Giant, and Gatling Gun Majinis as well. I'd also argue that the Chainsaw Majini in RE5 is way more intimidating than Dr. Salvador. Dr. Salvador was weak. All it takes is one shotgun blast to send Salvador flying and down for a while so you can keep on knifing him. The Chainsaw Majini had a tiny weak point on his face which you could take great advantage of if you're skilled enough, but otherwise, he's going to keep chasing you and won't get slowed down by a single shotgun blast to the body. There's also times when he gets up after death and goes on a rampage with the chainsaw which makes him even more unpredictable than Dr. Salvador. Then there's dogs, crocodiles, kipepeo, executioner, lickers, and reapers. I don't see how that's not varied.

I don't know man. I found the Chainsaw guy in RE5 very predictable to the point that I always knew what he was going to do next and counter him. He seems to have less range that Salvador. Yes, you can shot gun blast him where the guy Chainsaw guy in RE5 is more of a tank, but again. Sniper, melee, rinse repeat. You just need to back off when he's in enraged. I always found the Dr Salvador more fun to fight personally. I viewed the RE5 chains guy as rather silly.

That's the thing though, all of the Majini you listed we all to similar from each other. They don't have nearly as cool transformations like in RE4 with the Plaga's popping out. Which is also another thing I'm considering. The Licker's were really cool at first until it felt like they were copy pasted in various locations. The Reapers on the other hand were really cool! The Islanders were also very unique which I enjoyed. Though they didn't feel as differenating in my opinion as the Cultist did from the villagers. Except for the glorious big guy with the shield, I don't know why but I always loved those guys. They really struck out to me. Anyways for the most part most of the Majini required the same approach to kill where in RE4 I felt like I had to adapt more as there was more mutations.

I don't know how to explain it but I found the enemies more mysterious and varied in RE4 and more basic in RE5? Maybe that's just me though. The Revelation games did that as well but that was very likely because the games were on a tighter budget. RE6 went crazy with a bunch of enemies. They kind of over did them and as I mentioned before failed to have their intended effect. Kind of like an actor who's over acting.

Jackal

I think the first person perspective is a great choice. It will bring a lot of immersion to the game, of which I think it will definitely need.

Top Bottom