• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Alyson Court Not Reprising Role as Claire in REmake 2

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Claire without Alyson Court isn't Claire...I am very sad they decided it that way, It's really disrespectful towards Alyson and us fans, even non union voice performers, there is petition going on for Alyson to return...petitions never really worked, but we'll see how it goes :(
I know they want to go non union because these voice performers get paid cheap or not paid at all, but still..kept Alyson all these years and then just brush her off like that

Ethan Winters

Ito Junji Addict, Lupin Enthusiast
I was expecting this but am still disappointed. It may still be good but damn. Claire is my favourite character and I was really hoping for her original voice.. Oh well.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
As disappointing as this is, it's sadly all a moot point until Capcom confirm that REmake 2 is still happening. They've been worryingly quiet about it.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Yeah, and that announcement they made about RE2 in progress Im beginning to suspect it was only to shut Invader guys how could they stop on their remake of game...now they probably hope we arr going to forget about that announcement back then.

Turo602

The King of Kings
As disappointing as this is, it's sadly all a moot point until Capcom confirm that REmake 2 is still happening. They've been worryingly quiet about it.

I don't understand why people are so worried about it not happening anymore. That's a huge overreaction to it not being at E3. It's a small game for a small group of fans. It's not gonna get all the massive attention or marketing that a brand new entry will.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well, judging from the time they said Resident Evil 7 news would be coming soon and then it came like over half a year (maybe even a year), I'd say we still got ways to go.

But yeah, given Capcom's reputation, I won't be excited until I see the game and it's actually what we want. Because I could totally see them doing something stupid like making it over the shoulder and justifying it with "we saw some fans were unhappy with the first person camera in 7." Then the cherry on top would be making the 4th/Tofu Survivor DLC. So I'd rather wait and see than be hyped and gut punched later.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Highly disappointing. Alyson Court is pretty much THE voice for Claire, kinda like how Kevin Conroy became synonymous with Batman and Mark Hamill with Joker. They've tried using other voice actors in the past (Bruce Greenwood in Under the Red Hood), and it didn't feel like Batman at all to me.

Granted, her (uncredited) Revelations 2 voice actress did a good job, but we're talking about a much younger Claire, so I don't think reusing her will work. Same reason I was able to overlook WB Montreal not reusing Conroy for Batman: Arkham Origins: it was a much younger Batman/Bruce Wayne.

But who knows? If enough people voice their rightful displeasure with this, maybe they'll reconsider. After all, they decided against killing off Jill in RE5 when they received a heavy amount of backlash for that (and rightfully so). Yes, I'm reaching, I don't think it'll change a thing and actually kinda expected this. Like I said earlier, Capcom usually follows up a lauded announcement with SOME kind of setback.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So it's not just Miss Court, the three leads are gone. Who knows if Chery's is even able to play a little girl anymore but the rest...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Okay, when I saw that the original voice actors weren't returning, I thought what's the big deal? I didn't think anyone ever expected Paul Haddad to return since Leon has already had 2 notable voice actors since, but WTF? Matthew Mercer isn't returning? Goddamn, Capcom is so cheap. They should let go of their pride and start selling their IPs already if they're so broke. I'm already getting tired of their incomplete games with the rest being sold as DLC.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't think anybody is being cheap, they just have a budget. I'm not surprised, I honestly didn't really expect all the big names to come back for it.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
And, as she said, Capcom did ask for her to return, but the studio that they hired for voice actors went the other way. I don't know why they have such authority to dictate something like that to the studio but whatever the reason it is what it is.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
And, as she said, Capcom did ask for her to return, but the studio that they hired for voice actors went the other way. I don't know why they have such authority to dictate something like that to the studio but whatever the reason it is what it is.
Yeah, it really bothers me that so many people are putting this on Capcom.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I highly doubt Capcom is backed into a corner here. If they wanted, they could very well back out of whatever deal they have with this company if they don't think they're making the right decisions. I don't get how you could hire someone and somehow lose control over what happens with your intellectual property. This isn't just an issue with VAs either, they've taken shortcuts with their games too and have been doing anything to save/make more money than their products are worth. If Capcom is on such a budget that they can't properly support their games anymore, then maybe they shouldn't be making them anymore.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Yeah, I find it highly unlikely Capcom doesn't have the final say on VA castings surrounding their own intellectual property. It's not too surprising that they themselves would be behind this, either because, like I said, anytime Capcom makes an announcement that gets fans excited, they usually follow it up with SOME kind of disappointing setback. It would pretty much be par for the course.

Top Bottom