• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Alyson Court Not Reprising Role as Claire in REmake 2

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I hope this is in the right section. I've already seen posts about this, but I think there should be a thread and explanation.

Alyson Court tweeted and posted a video on YouTube saying she was originally going to voice Claire in the 2 REmake, but the recording company ended up going non-union instead.

What do you guys think about this?

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Meanwhile, at Capcom headquarters...

*dig dig dig*

Employee: "Hey boss, is the grave deep enough yet?"
Boss: "Nope! Keep going and hurry up a little!"

*digdigdigdigdig*

black 93

Come on, are we all really that shocked? Alyson Court coming back to voice Claire would make sense, make fans estastic and would be the perfect cherry on top of the RE2 remake. So of course it won't happen.

HookerZombie

I agree, Capcom has been doing nothing but making poor decisions lately (especially with regard to the Resident Evil series) so it's really not that shocking. Damn shame that she won't be returning to voice Claire...

I've had my doubts about this project for a RE2 remake ever since I first heard about it because lets face it, the good ol' days of new Resident Evil games being awesome are over. They have a completely new generation of developers now who don't seem to grasp what made the old games fun to begin with. So I seriously doubt this game will be as good as the remake of Resident Evil 1 was.

weskerondope

i dont think the remake will happen, it was 2 years since they announced it and we havent gotten a single screenshot yet

its kinda like what happened with resident evil for psp, announcement and then nothing, they dont even admit they cancelled the project

but if im wrong about this then i hope they do it right, i rather have no game at all than a third person action shooter pretending to be based on re2

Turo602

The King of Kings
I've had my doubts about this project for a RE2 remake ever since I first heard about it because lets face it, the good ol' days of new Resident Evil games being awesome are over. They have a completely new generation of developers now who don't seem to grasp what made the old games fun to begin with. So I seriously doubt this game will be as good as the remake of Resident Evil 1 was.

My thoughts exactly. I don't trust Capcom to do this right because everytime they've said they were doing something we wanted, they always managed to botch it. The worst part is, it's not even that hard to do properly but for some reason, everyone at Capcom seems to have their head up their ass.

i dont think the remake will happen, it was 2 years since they announced it and we havent gotten a single screenshot yet

its kinda like what happened with resident evil for psp, announcement and then nothing, they dont even admit they cancelled the project

I highly doubt that's the case. It's just not really that big of a release for them so they're probably just doing what they did with Revelations 2 and waiting a few months before release to reveal it. I bet it even comes out early 2018.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I hope this is in the right section. I've already seen posts about this, but I think there should be a thread and explanation.

Alyson Court tweeted and posted a video on YouTube saying she was originally going to voice Claire in the 2 REmake, but the recording company ended up going non-union instead.

What do you guys think about this?
If I can be frank, this p***es me right the f***off. They did this same bull**** when they moved from DMC1 to 2 and because of that we lost the best version of Dante's voice.

Put the extra effort fort, get the union actors. If they are important enough for the fans they are worth getting.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
As with Revelations 2, it just won't feel like Claire without her, Alyson was one of the main things I wanted for the remake and now she's not coming back, my hype for this game has gone way down. :(

The way voice actors are treated in the industry is kind of ridiculous.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
It's not really Capcom's fault. Alyson herself said they had nothing to do with it, that they were the ones who contacted her to do it and really wanted her to do it, but the company they gave the contract to decided against it.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Is it like her thing to not hold a camera straight?

Saddening news though :(

They better find someone who at least resembles her voice and not give her the Carlos treatment and completely change everything

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's not really Capcom's fault. Alyson herself said they had nothing to do with it, that they were the ones who contacted her to do it and really wanted her to do it, but the company they gave the contract to decided against it.

Right, because those poor little saps at Capcom can do absolutely nothing about that concerning their own game...

Props to Alyson for calling it what it really is: Petty and disrespectful to everyone.

As with Revelations 2, it just won't feel like Claire without her, Alyson was one of the main things I wanted for the remake and now she's not coming back, my hype for this game has gone way down. :(

Same here. I know some people are going to call it ridiculous that we make such a fuss just because of a voice, but to some of us RE is more than just blowing zombies' heads off. The characters are equally important to me, and Alyson is Claire, period. The consequences of replacing her already showed in Revelations 2, which is still my favourite RE, but definitely not my favourite Claire. Yes, the script was also part of the problem (that whole thing about her suddenly not being good with kids anymore, really?), but I'm sure Alyson could have worked with it and delivered the lines in a way that would have made that character feel more like who she was supposed to be.

I don't trust Capcom to do this right because everytime they've said they were doing something we wanted, they always managed to botch it. The worst part is, it's not even that hard to do properly but for some reason, everyone at Capcom seems to have their head up their ass.

Amen.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Right, because those poor little saps at Capcom can do absolutely nothing about that concerning their own game...
They gave the contract to the recording company, that makes it more difficult to deal with. I don't know the details, I'm just relaying what Alyson said.

black 93

My main problem with this is what Alyson herself said. The whole idea behind the RE2 remake was to give the fans what WE want. It took Capcom 13 years and near bankcruptcy to even get the remake off the ground, they should be breaking their backs to make us happy on this particular project. We all let Revelations 2 go, but Alyson not coming back for a remake of RE2 where Claire is 19 again is ridiculous. Im not trying to sound like a spoiled little fanboy but Capcom claim to want to "capture the spirit" of the original. Well to many people, Alyson Court is a big big part of RE2. Her coming back would have been a great treat to fans and would have been a great homage to the original. If Capcom truly wanted Alyson back, she would be back.

Last edited:

black 93

The way voice actors are treated in the industry is kind of ridiculous.
I agree. First Patricia Ja Lee is dropped as Jill, then Roger Craig Smith is dropped as Chris, now Alyson isnt coming back... the hell's going on. People underestimate just how much a consistent voice actor can impact a character.

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom