• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

5 Films to Get to Know You

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I saw this idea posted somewhere online (Wish I could remember where), so I thought it could be fun here. If you were to give a list of 5 films to a significant other, or someone else important to you, to get know you, what would they be? In no particular order mine would be:

5. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Pulp Fiction
3. Perfect Blue
2. Repo! The Genetic Opera
1. Army of Darkness

Turo602

The King of Kings
Very weird but interesting topic. I have actually been thinking a lot about what some my favorite movies are lately, but this is quite a twist. So this isn't exactly my top favorite movies, though they are some of my favorites, so in no particular order these are just some of my faves that I think best represents my personality and interests.

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
4. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
5. Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Very weird but interesting topic. I have actually been thinking a lot about what some my favorite movies are lately, but this is quite a twist. So this isn't exactly my top favorite movies, though they are some of my favorites, so in no particular order these are just some of my faves that I think best represents my personality and interests.

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
4. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
5. Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn
Dude, it was such a toss up between Raiders and Return of the Jedi for me. So I'm glad to see it get repped by someone else!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't know! This is too much pressure! haha.

But here are my current ideas for what works for me:

1. The Goonies
2. Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (It's a cheat, but I don't care - I love em both EQUALLY)
3. The Dark Knight
4. I Love You, Man
5. Labyrinth

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Frozen
Moana
Interstellar
8 Women
Prayers For Bobby

... I know this is not about personal favourites, but those movies are some of my favourites, so why would I not recommend them?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Hmm. This is interesting. I suppose I would try to pick films that showcase what I like to watch. It's hard to pick 5. Buuuut....

1. Se7en (this was the first thing to come to mind, probably because I like smart psychological thrillers and Kevin Spacey. Don't judge me.)

2. Burn Notice : The Fall of Sam Axe (I am in love with all things Bruce Campbell and Burn Notice, along with Bruce, are the 2 things that got me through Job Corps sane.)

3. Bohemian Rhapsody (I have been a fan of Queen for a LONG time, and Freddy Mercury inspires me to give my all to everything I do.)

4. Roger Waters The Wall (This one is kind of a reminder of where I've been versus where I am now. I certainly had isolation and boundary issues growing up, and even though I may still deal with these every now and then, I've grown a lot as a person over the last 6 or 7 years and managed to conquer the dark side of me that was keeping me down, out, and alone.)

5. John Wick (I'm not a fan of a lot of action movies but this one is actually smart with beautiful choreography and music. I adore the devotion John has to his wife throughout the trilogy thus far, and as a happily married person, I could understand the rage that drives John.)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Well, I feel like I'm gonna be totally different to everyone else, haha... Hell, my list has movies that are all different from each other.

1) Harry Potter. Any of them. All of them.
2) The Phantom of the Opera (25th anniversary stage edition)
3) Forrest Gump
4) The Ring
5) Moana

Maybe it might be fun to say why we chose the movies we chose as ones to get to know us, @KennedyKiller? Dunno if that defeats the point of the thread.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well, I feel like I'm gonna be totally different to everyone else, haha... Hell, my list has movies that are all different from each other.

3) Forrest Gump
4) The Ring
5) Moana

Maybe it might be fun to say why we chose the movies we chose as ones to get to know us, @KennedyKiller? Dunno if that defeats the point of the thread.
I gave reasons on mine. Just made sense I guess.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I gave reasons on mine. Just made sense I guess.
Yeah, that's what gave me the idea. :smile:

3) Forrest Gump
4) The Ring
5) Moana

Well for me, Harry Potter has always been my favourite series of books, the books that I grew up reading, and the ones that made me want to be a writer one day. This series has been with me all my life and will remain so.

The Phantom of the Opera illustrates my love for musicals of all kinds, be they opera or more regular singing, and also highlights my liking for flawed, misunderstood characters. It also shows my love for music.

Forrest Gump because he takes delight in simple things, which is something I like to do. And also because he proves that anyone can do anything.

The Ring to show my love of creepy horror movies.

And finally, Moana to show my longing for adventure, to travel to beautiful places and to show how also like being on a boat on the open water. I find water calming. :lol:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
This is tough, but I think this list represents me fairly well. I chose 5 very different types of films.

- Solaris
- Empire of the Sun
- The Birds
- White Chicks
- Your Name

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I can't remember last time I watched a film so there are naturally no new ones on my top 5 list. Some are closer to being ancient. If I had recalled all films I have watched this list could have been different, but these films are what comes to mind.

The Lord of The Rings (one entry for all of them)

Seven Samurai (1954)
"On the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a perfect approval rating of 100% based on 59 reviews, with an average rating of 9.3/10. The site's critical consensus reads: "Arguably Akira Kurosawa's masterpiece, The Seven Samurai is an epic adventure classic with an engrossing story, memorable characters, and stunning action sequences that make it one of the most influential films ever made".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Samurai#Reception

Tombstone (1993)

Million Dollar Baby (2004)

Platoon (1986)

Damn why can I only mention five....

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
These aren't all in my Top 5 necessarily, but these are the five movies I would say to someone gives a read on my personality
  • Blade Runner (1982)
  • My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
  • Alien (1979)
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1967)
  • Ghostbusters (1984)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
These aren't all in my Top 5 necessarily, but these are the five movies I would say to someone gives a read on my personality
  • Blade Runner (1982)
  • My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
  • Alien (1979)
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1967)
  • Ghostbusters (1984)
Wow, just from this list I can say I'd have an idea of your personality. And I dig it.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
@Romero now I wanna watch Seven Samurai.

It's difficult to choose but:

1. Predator (1987)
2. Alien franchise
3. Brave (Disney)
4. Mask (no, not The Mask with Jim Cerry, but the 1985 movie that always makes me ball my eyes out and stars Cher)
5. Raising Arizona

I always love me some sci-fi and grew up on the Alien and Predator flicks- they're some of my all time favorites. Predator is my favorite creature design and the Alien franchise, while a sci-fi horror, also has a bit of a dark and perhaps slightly psychological element to it which I deeply enjoy.
Brave is my favorite princess Disney flick because it has the best message. Mask is just... :cry: heart breaking. Raising Arizona slightly beat both Kill Bill and The Big Lebowski. I just love the Coen Brother's work. Everything they do is so creative and out there and can be funny as hell. Also that music!

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Exactly, it's not a top 5 films of all time necessarily but some movies can edge others out on the "get to know me" list, like I was split between Ghostbusters and RoboCop in my own 5

Top Bottom