• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Zombies....Could it really happen?

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I think its possible it could happen as early as 10 to 15 years. If you take for instance the horrific experimental trials in Germany in the 1940's.SPOILER FOR 12 MONKEYS --->And take the scenario of 12 monkeys, where a deranged bio-terrorist scientist takes a 'logical step' and releases a deadly virus airborne via plane trips to watch the human race die out. END SPOILER. All it would take is a group of really intelligent people and one really insane one to initiate COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION.

Say a group of scientists work on fighting cancer and in their research found that a pretty potent virus has the ability to eat the cancer away but does significant damage/reconstruction to the neuro-patterns and central nervous system over time as an unforseen side effect. So the scientists scrap the idea. But a freak accident occurs and the virus now becomes open to the public....OR One scientist crazed by the sheer discovery of a cancer-eating virus takes the leep of working off books to enhance or amplify its effects to see how far the virus evolves. Now theres a series of uncontained domino effects here. It doesnt even have to be this specific. Neuro-Scientists are doing tests on rabies and other deadly viruses all the time for research intensive purposes. It wouldnt take much i believe for the collapse of human reign on planet earth to be decimated.

In the form of zombies? Maybe not necrotic but i'd say theres a chance of a serious localized outbreak that could reach global proportions. Viruses are mutating and being manipulated all the time.

I would totally survive an outbreak. Not because i'm super effecient in survival skills or anything, i just have a gut feeling i would survive. Then i'd probably kill myself...

Top Bottom