• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

xbox or wii?

x-box 360 or wii?

• Total voters

codename: HUNK

I've been saving up some money to buy a new game console; though im not sure what I should do. Should I get an xbox 360 so i can play RE5? Or should I get a wii so i can play umbrella chronicles and the darkside chronicles?

tell me what you think...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
theres no competition, unless you play on having wii bowling parties, then stear well clear of a wii.

bruno

Chief Researcher
X-box 360 has better games in general, but in terms of Resident Evil, the Wii is better: you can play REmake, RE0, RE4, REUC and REDC, while you only have RE5 in 360.

Japan's Nikkei Industrial daily reported today that Capcom is bringing to Wii its multiplatform engine normally used for PS3 and Xbox 360 games.
It hasn’t mentioned in this press release if the engine is called MT Framework, but ehi, it can't be enything else!
What does this mean? Not only every future 360/PS3 title using the MT Framework engine will be released for Wii too, but maybe we'll see some of past Capcom's HD titles like Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5 ported to Wii.
Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition is possible, the question is now, when? Capcom?!

Torque

Depends on if you really want to just play RE games then go with the wii. If you want a system that has quality games with amped up graphics then go with the 360.

I have both the wii and 360 as i was lucky enough to get the wii for free with the new computer my dad bought, so i could buy the 360 without dreading about what to choose.

Overall, i'm happier with the 360, generally because it has better graphics than the wii, more games, and i just prefer a controller over the motion sensor wiimote.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
This is a little hard for me to choose, but for the most part if you want to see what happens next in the series, have an online experience, play more mercs, play against people in versus, and you want to find out what happened to Jill or if you already did, but want to play as her then you should get an Xbox 360.

If you want an arcade shooter, with co-op, same but different story, and find out what happened before some of events or wanted to know how something happened then you should get a Wii.

Kagara

That's a tough one. You should take a look at the other games that are/will be available on the consoles, then make your decision on which has more games that you would play.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Another vote for the 360 from me. You can get an Elite for fairly cheap nowadays and I prefer the 360's games library over the Wii.

D

Deleted member 1428

Hmmm....

You should get a Wii. As Bruno said you can play alot more RE games on the Wii than on the 360. The Wii has pretty good graphics ( in my opinion) and it's alot more fun to play other games on it besides RE cuz you don't have to just click buttons all day but move the Wii remote.

codename: HUNK

Im kind of leaning toward the wii. I want it for the RE games; and like discussed, the wii has more RE games. Plus, id really like to check out darkside chronicles.

Kellyrose

Well, in my opinion, the 360 is an all-around better system. I guess if all you are going to do is play RE games with it, then a Wii would be fine. However, if you are willing to shell out an extra hundred bucks for an Elite, you would get a lot more out of your system (more games +exclusives, better graphics, better specs, HD compatible, respectable online service.)

Maybe I'm just jaded because the Wii was a huge letdown, and has been nothing more than another console for Nintendo to shoot Mario games at light speed out of it's *** on.

Chris-BSAA

X-box. Its just better, i cant explain it. maybe for the graphics, maybe for the games, maybe for the controller... its just the best!

Rollin6z

Wii is for kids and fitness nuts. And X-Box is completely inferior to PS3 in every way. Isn't that why they're working on the soon to be as stupid 'top secret' 720? PS3 has everything X Box does plus more, better games, better contoller and a 10 year plan. Did I mention all Online capabilities are free, shove that in your pipe and smoke it Microstupid. And Resident Evil is a PS1 original. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Loyal to the end.

So is Capcom gonna give us those Nintendo exclusive RE's yet and Dead Rising? I've given up on Valve for my Left 4 Dead.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Between the Xbox360 and PS3, i'd also choose PS3. RE1 (DC i think) is already available in the online store, and maybe the other old stuff (RE2, RE3, survivor, etc) will also be available. PS3 has defenately better games and online services.
Between Xbox360 and Wii, Xbox is much better (games, gaphs, etc), but Wii has more RE games. The wii games are, in general, too childish. It's funnier if you want to gather some friends and play, but extremely boring to play on your own.

D

Deleted member 1428

No offense but how is it childish?
It's not boring to play on your own in my opinion.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
codename: HUNK;60077 said:
What exactly are the downsides to the wii? Is it really such a rip-off?

The only downside to the Wii is that it dosen't have as great graphics like the 360 does, the Wii actually has the same gamecube graphics with a little upgrade to the graphics. Also the wii dosen't have the games from the 360 with the exception of Call of Duty 3, 4, and 5 due to that they made those for the wii.

However I do not think that the Wii is a rip-off at all. I know most of the consoles ever made and I don't see a single console that is like the wii or the same as the wii. Whoever said that is trying to get you to get another console besides the wii.

Rollin6z

bruno;60062 said:
Between the Xbox360 and PS3, i'd also choose PS3. RE1 (DC i think) is already available in the online store, and maybe the other old stuff (RE2, RE3, survivor, etc) will also be available. PS3 has defenately better games and online services.
Between Xbox360 and Wii, Xbox is much better (games, gaphs, etc), but Wii has more RE games. The wii games are, in general, too childish. It's funnier if you want to gather some friends and play, but extremely boring to play on your own.

Thank-You!

wpstudart

Well, it's hard to tell, because they're completely different engines. I mean, the controller, the games, everything.

I mean, if you're a graphics games, a badass player, multiplayer and everything, you'd go for a Xbox 360.
If you're a RE player that don't want to know anything, just to play RE, get an Wii, but, Wii it's kinda of cool, because people that don't play games usually will like wii, in a party, Wii rocks. But the internet sucks, when the Xbox Live is great, but you have to buy it.

That's my opinion :p

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
PS3 is deffinately the best system. Sony has the best game developers. Not only does it have a blu-ray drive but built in wifi and blu tooth. I was even able to buy RE 1,2 and 3 directly from my PS3 and play them both on the console and on my PSP. The Wii is a good time although when developers are making games for it all their attention goes to the motion controls and every other aspect of the game suffers. Actually the only game that made me regret not owning a Wii is Darkside Chronicles. And don't even get me started on the Failbox 360! Not only are over HALF of the 360s sold now dead, but you have to pay for an online adapter AND for online service.

Top Bottom