• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

xbox or wii?

x-box 360 or wii?

• Total voters

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
ahh the old console war debate. first of all IMO xbox takes the crown simply because i chose that over playstation. However i do wish people would not complain having to pay for xbox live its only between 30-40 pounds for a year, thats nothing when you think about it. Its not a case of whats better its more down to what games you like and even though most games multi platform theres a few that are one sided and thats how i made my decision.

v iBaxter

T-Vaccinated Kid;62284 said:
PS3 is deffinately the best system. Sony has the best game developers. Not only does it have a blu-ray drive but built in wifi and blu tooth. I was even able to buy RE 1,2 and 3 directly from my PS3 and play them both on the console and on my PSP. The Wii is a good time although when developers are making games for it all their attention goes to the motion controls and every other aspect of the game suffers. Actually the only game that made me regret not owning a Wii is Darkside Chronicles. And don't even get me started on the Failbox 360! Not only are over HALF of the 360s sold now dead, but you have to pay for an online adapter AND for online service.

The os3 is constantly laggy online because no one pays for the service unlike xbox if it does break down send it to microsoft to get a free one back, more titles coming out for xbox than ps3 dowside is that the xbox community on somegames like call of duty sucks.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I don't care about the number of titles I care about the quality. Resistance and Killzone beat Halo, Uncharted 2 crapped on every other adventure game, and God of War 3 is gonna violently murder all other action games throughout time!

aintnoscrub

Premium
ha halo walks all over killzone if you ask me. psn is a poor mans xbox live, people who enjoy a smooth online experience would pick xbl over psn.

v iBaxter

ahh yes the console wars when i was writing the last post i was thinking am i starting a war here ? but seriously uncharted is good but you CANNOT beat tomb raider in adventure games its the sexy god of adventure game end of story.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Ok lets get something straight here.

#1 Just because you have to pay for service on XBL dosen't mean that PSN is better. I am not saying that XBL is better than PSN and I am not saying that PSN is better than XBL.

#2 PS3 dosen't have better games than the 360. 360 dosen't have better games than the PS3. Sure Uncharted 2 was amazing, but think about 360 goodness, Halo, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Forza, The Orange Box, Dead Rising (Sure #2 is coming for PS3, but it started with 360), Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive 4, Bullet Witch, Dead or Alive Extreme, and Virtual Fighter. Sure Uncharted 2 is great, but Gears of War, Halo, and Left 4 Dead I would rather play them than Uncharted (Sure Uncharted 2 was awsome, but Gears's Gore, gameplay and Multiplayer, Halo's Multiplayer, Left 4 Dead's co-op and multiplayer, The Orange Box's 5 game pack, Dead Rising's addictive Gameplay, and Dead or Alive's girls mostly sound better than Uncharted's Story, Gameplay and multiplayer.)

#3 You are just talking bad about the 360 because you don't have one. You really need to actually play the system and games before you start talking s**t about it. Plus I even heard people who both have each system say that they love the 360 more than PS3. Even my friend who dosen't have a 360 says that he would rather have a 360 than a PS3.

So basically your argument is invalid. Argue with me all you want, you are not going to win. I ask you please don't argue with members.

aintnoscrub

Premium
this "argument" feels like your running into a brick wall, ps3 and 360 users will argue until there blue in the face about which one is better.
and since its impossible to survey every single console owner in the world it remains un-answered.
however people are still entitled to their own opinion, mine being 360 being the winner.
you could put it to a poll on this forum but that would still be largely bias because you can't judge a winner by one forum community

v iBaxter

no not neccesarely, i had the ps1 and ps2 the reson i bought the xbox was because it was cheaper than the ps3 so stop going on about the ps3 when its not even related to the subject he asked xbox or wii.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
T-Vaccinated Kid;62328 said:
If the PS3 came out a year before the 360 everyone would hate Xbox

Ok, so you are saying that the PS3 sucks now. You're saying that PS3 is better and that if it came out a year before an Xbox then the 360 would be hated.

And sense the Xbox 360 came out before the PS3 then that means everyone hates the PS3.

That makes perfect sense.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
codename: HUNK;60026 said:
Im kind of leaning toward the wii. I want it for the RE games; and like discussed, the wii has more RE games. Plus, id really like to check out darkside chronicles.
The Wii is superior to Xbox if you want to play Resident Evil games other than RE5. But why are you not considering PS2 or PS3? A PS2 you can almost get for free these days and you can play most RE games on it.

Edit,
I see Chronicles is ONLY for Wii. How lame. But that makes the choice easy for you.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Kellyrose;62347 said:
If you want to argue over which console is better, please go to Gamespot's System Wars forum, as it is unwanted here. Also, this topic was created almost 2 months ago, have you made a decision? :)
I clicked the link. What a weird place. :wacko: After reading their insanely lenghty Terms of Use for 10 minutes I'm still not sure what the heck it tries to say. Methinks they have too much rules and too little fun.

I also wonder what what Codename Hunk decided, but it sounded like it was gonna be a Wii.

RichardB

Premium
My 2 cents:

I have gamed for years using PC's and many game machines.
I have never used the 360 but enjoy the Wii for my RE gaming.
I use the new Wii Resident Evil Blaster for my UC & DC games.

51-yblzrNDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Top Bottom