• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

xbox live competing with sony playstation

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Kellyrose;59043 said:
I've never had an XBox before, can you guys explain some of the reasons why you think its better than PSN?

The differnce between XBL and PSN is that:
XBL has voice msging
XBL dosen't have to have games and demos installed on the harddrive
XBL has game events, tournaments, events where you can meet celebs, and news.
XBL has a party systemm where 8 people can come in and talk in 1 chat
XBL has it to where you can download orginal Xbox games and some old Xbox 360 games.
XBL has a 1 vs 100 beta tournaments
XBL has gamer spotlight where XBL members are known to everyone around the planet for a week for something that they do.
XBL also has easy to send 10sec game invites where you can invite friends by highlighting their gamertags and prssing the X button sends an invite

So basically that is the difference between XBL and PSN. I don't know if PSN has some of the same features. The only thing about PSN that is good is that it was free to play online, but online was sometimes terrible in some or most games that are multi-platform. So basically XBL is really better than PSN.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
BIGHARD CHEATER;59049 said:
The differnce between XBL and PSN is that:
XBL has voice msging
XBL dosen't have to have games and demos installed on the harddrive
XBL has game events, tournaments, events where you can meet celebs, and news.
XBL has a party systemm where 8 people can come in and talk in 1 chat
XBL has it to where you can download orginal Xbox games and some old Xbox 360 games.
XBL has a 1 vs 100 beta tournaments
XBL has gamer spotlight where XBL members are known to everyone around the planet for a week for something that they do.
XBL also has easy to send 10sec game invites where you can invite friends by highlighting their gamertags and prssing the X button sends an invite

So basically that is the difference between XBL and PSN. I don't know if PSN has some of the same features. The only thing about PSN that is good is that it was free to play online, but online was sometimes terrible in some or most games that are multi-platform. So basically XBL is really better than PSN.
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't see how it can be worth paying for this. I'm not even sure if some of it would be worth having even if it was free of charge.

Chatting for instance. Almost everyone have a PC where they can chat for free. Why is it important to chat via the Xbox?
(If you meant voice chat while multiplaying; the PS3 has that.)

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Romero;59059 said:

(If you meant voice chat while multiplaying; the PS3 has that.)

If your talking about the party system with 8 people in a chat then no I don't mean voice chat while in multiplayer.

It is actually like 1 lobby with 8 people chatting at the same time while playing in different games.

For example lets say I start a party and I am playing Call of Duty 4. I invite a friend that is playing Tenchu Z, a friend playing Fallout 3, a friend playing Gears if War 2, a friend playing Left 4 Dead, a friend on netflix, a friend on Mass Effect, and a friend playing Dead or Alive 4. Everyone joins and starts to talk to each other and that is bascially the party system.

Besides the more you pay microsoft the more features they add and the service gets better. The only good thing about PSN is that is free,lasttime I check the more cheaper it is the crappier it is, and like someone like what Tyrant says that the online was s**t. Just like in Call of Duty 4 PSN had bad multiplayer on it, however with XBL the online was enjoyable on that game unlike PSN where it was a cluster f***.

So far PSN is free, but coypied all the features (except for avatars) of XBL and made it to where it to where all the features su*k b**** and they made it to where the online was just a p****.

Kellyrose

I agree with Romero, most of that stuff I would never use. You can call PSN crappy for as long as you want, it works for what I need it for.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
BIGHARD CHEATER;59066 said:
It is actually like 1 lobby with 8 people chatting at the same time while playing in different games.
I now understand what it is, thanks for explaining.
But I don't understand how you can talk with several people without hurting your gameplay, or without sounding like a zombie to the people talking with you. Or a little of both.
It could be me it's something wrong with, but I can't imagine using a service like this.

Besides the more you pay microsoft the more features they add and the service gets better.
Perhaps. But don't count too much on that. I believe that parts of the money goes to the MS shareholders. Which is perfectly fine and should be expected.

The only good thing about PSN is that is free,lasttime I check the more cheaper it is the crappier it is, and like someone like what Tyrant says that the online was s**t. Just like in Call of Duty 4 PSN had bad multiplayer on it, however with XBL the online was enjoyable on that game unlike PSN where it was a cluster f***.

So far PSN is free, but coypied all the features (except for avatars) of XBL and made it to where it to where all the features su*k b**** and they made it to where the online was just a p****.
You didn't say what is wrong with PSN, you just cursed at it. Take away the personal feelings in the above quote and there is nothing left that can be used as criticism against PSN. Saying that something is crap without saying why it is bad isn't making me any wiser.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Romero;59071 said:

I now understand what it is, thanks for explaining.
But I don't understand how you can talk with several people without hurting your gameplay, or without sounding like a zombie to the people talking with you. Or a little of both.
It could be me it's something wrong with, but I can't imagine using a service like this.

Perhaps. But don't count too much on that. I believe that parts of the money goes to the MS shareholders. Which is perfectly fine and should be expected.

You didn't say what is wrong with PSN, you just cursed at it. Take away the personal feelings in the above quote and there is nothing left that can be used as criticism against PSN. Saying that something is crap without saying why it is bad isn't making me any wiser.

For the first one all you have to do is to turn your volume down if yoy are playing a game or if you wanted to talk and be reconized all you have to do is just to talk as loud them, get someone's attention, without annoying someone. Usually I I am in a party where it is me and some more people who are playing the same game as me.

For the 3rd one, I have some reasons why PSN is so bad. Some of the reasons I got from other people and since I don't have a PS3 (I really want a PS3, but to expensive right now) I took their words for it. However some reasons I do have for PSN that makes it bad was that there was no voice msging instead you had to type all msgs. You had to install demos, PSN arcade games or whatever they are called, and some PS3games to the hard drive.It takes a while to send invites to games. There are some more, but I am not going to put them on here because I am tired of saying how PSN is awful. How ever I do want a PS3 I just don't know if I can afford it. The installing I know that was on their because I heard about it 2times and saw proof from a video that you had to install them. The other 2 I don't know I heard them from a guy that harldy lies, but I am not for sure until I look up some videos on them. And the one I posted a while back for online being sucktastic, I really don't know since I only saw a video of it and I actually heard it from someone else.

I am going to look at some videos in the next 2 weeks and if I see any thing I tooken and was actually wasen't true then I am going to go back on edit every single post I made on here, because usually I don't talk bad about other consoles (except for the virtual boy) unless I just lose it and snap into a blind rage against it.

Kellyrose

BIGHARD CHEATER;59075 said:
For the 3rd one, I have some reasons why PSN is so bad. Some of the reasons I got from other people and since I don't have a PS3 (I really want a PS3, but to expensive right now) I took their words for it. However some reasons I do have for PSN that makes it bad was that there was no voice msging instead you had to type all msgs. You had to install demos, PSN arcade games or whatever they are called, and some PS3games to the hard drive.It takes a while to send invites to games. There are some more, but I am not going to put them on here because I am tired of saying how PSN is awful. How ever I do want a PS3 I just don't know if I can afford it.

How can you be so against PSN when you haven't even used it? Isn't that a little silly? :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
BIGHARD CHEATER;59075 said:
However some reasons I do have for PSN that makes it bad was that there was no voice msging instead you had to type all msgs. You had to install demos, PSN arcade games or whatever they are called, and some PS3games to the hard drive.It takes a while to send invites to games.
Perhaps it didn't offer voice talking at the beginning, but I understand it has that now.

I'm not sure it's a bad thing that (some?) games needs to be installed. A hard disk works much better than a DVD drive.
As for demos I don't know, I personally don't care much about demos anyway. But what's the alternative to installing? That would be burning it to a DVD, or just keeping it in the RAM until you turn it off.

Maybe the invites works slow, that could perhaps be the one thing they need to improve? :confused:

nemesis_lover

I have both consoles and I always spend most of my time on the Xbox and use the Xbox Live Gold serivice. With XBL I enjoy the updates, videos and exclusives. Each week they will get staff to travel to game conventions, game companies and talk about the upcoming games. Also the multiplayer service is very good with the whole chat with upto 8 people, which is good when you play games like call of duty and fifa.
Also xbox will have sky tv, facebook etc added this year, so i'd gladly pay my £5 a month for that, as I don't have Sky in my house.
Not to take anything away from ps3, i have enjoyed playing a few games on there but it doesn't keep me hooked, just the layout etc isn't appealing to myself. I do think ps home is a great softward application to have on there and was fun to use for a few hours a day but I got bored of it quickly, which was replaced with the interent browser, which helped me in times where I didn't own a p.c. :)

Top Bottom