• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

xbox live competing with sony playstation

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I think Xbox Live should be free because the PS3 online is free :confused:
what do you lot think.. will microsoft ever make xbl free...

Tallahassee

i highly doubt it. the reason why i like xbl is because of cool matchmaking and service. so its worth the pay.

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
The PSN is quite good but not as good as Xbox Live obviously. And as we all know every time we pay for the Gold subscription, that money goes towards Xbox Live and makes it the great service that it is today. So there is no way will Xbox Live ever be free.

Rollin6z

PSN is way better. You dont have to worry about some stranger finding you on some kind of match maker. We have PSHome for people to meet if you really must. It's all free so if you cant afford a subscription besides the game you can still play. I don't even have internet but here I am. Sony is way better than Microsoft. Resident Evil is originally just for PlayStation. I don't have creepos randomly messaging me. PSN is only going to get better and better...for free.

Kellyrose

I don't think XBL will ever be free, Microsoft needs the millions of dollars from subscriptions to pay off developers to release 360 exclusive DLC =/

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Kellyrose;36321 said:
I don't think XBL will ever be free, Microsoft needs the millions of dollars from subscriptions to pay off developers to release 360 exclusive DLC =/
Damn! so much for that ever happening :[

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Is it really, Sh*t, well I need to get me a Wireless thingy. But for some reason I still think I'll have to pay to get it to work.

you'll have to forgive me for not knowing, because you seem quite shocked.

Hoady

Yeah i doubt a quarter of the money made from xbox live even goes toward the online.I haven't played Playstation 3 online but it sounds pretty similar except that not as many people play it.They need to link up xbox and ps3 players so they can play online on the same games together..yeah it would probably never happen but its been done so xbox players can play with computer people.

Call of duty you probably get like 100,000 thousand playing xbox live and another 100,000 on ps3 playing at once.Seems a waste that you can't play the other players you know.

Zombie Enclave

Kellyrose;36321 said:

Yet....Bill Gates is the richest man....in the country...possibly even world.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I never cared much about Xbox so I'm not sure what Live is. But it must be some kind of service you sign up to after you buy an Xbox. Or Xbox 360? I think that's the latest 'box'.

What do you get from this service? Why is it worth paying for? Downloadable content (demos I suppose?) isn't worth alot?

I have a PS2, can I use Sony's online services (what do they call it)?

Pardon me for asking. I'm too lazy to search the internet for info about this. I'm either gonna have the info on a silver plate or I'll be happy not knowing nothing. :sleep:

Kellyrose

Romero;59007 said:
I never cared much about Xbox so I'm not sure what Live is. But it must be some kind of service you sign up to after you buy an Xbox. Or Xbox 360? I think that's the latest 'box'.

What do you get from this service? Why is it worth paying for? Downloadable content (demos I suppose?) isn't worth alot?

I have a PS2, can I use Sony's online services (what do they call it)?

Pardon me for asking. I'm too lazy to search the internet for info about this. I'm either gonna have the info on a silver plate or I'll be happy not knowing nothing. :sleep:

XBox Live and Playstation Network are both used to connect and play with other players online. I know there is the Playstation store that you can use to download demos and buy full games and movies, I assume XBL has something like that but I've never used it. Unfortunately PS2 wont work with it =/

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Kellyrose;59013 said:
XBox Live and Playstation Network are both used to connect and play with other players online. I know there is the Playstation store that you can use to download demos and buy full games and movies, I assume XBL has something like that but I've never used it. Unfortunately PS2 wont work with it =/
Thank you. :)

Yeah I suppose a hard disk is needed to store downloaded stuff, and few PS2 consoles got that. Mine does not. :p
But I think I could play online, if I had a game that supported it. I doubt any of my games have online multiplayer options.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I am going to say that XBL is better than PSN. There are a whole sea of why I think XBL is better.

One of them being that PSN copyied XBL (You can argue with me about this for your entire life, but it is true that PSN copyied XBL since PSN has almost the excact same features from XBL and it actually takes a whole year to actually get their console out after the Xbox. It dosen't take a genius to figure that out.)

So yeah I agree with you echoey that XBL is better than PSN.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
XBL is always going to be better, but psn has the advantage for some because its free.
although if you want a top notch service go with xbl

Kellyrose

I've never had an XBox before, can you guys explain some of the reasons why you think its better than PSN?

Tyrant

Sure PS Online offers free Online but what they forgot to mention what **** the online was :/

Top Bottom