• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Would you like splitscreen co-op to be implemented online for RE6?

Would you like splitscreen co-op to be implemented online for RE6?

• Total voters

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
1ST THREAD Imagine playing a new and improved (HOPEFULLY!!) RE5 versus mode with your best friend(s)/ significant other/ family member right beside you. Even though you can play w/ your partner online on a different console, it's just not the same when you cant see your friends reaction when they are raging mad that they keep getting killed by a unskilled player, or if someone wanted to play online w/ you and there is ONLY 1 CONSOLE to play it on. I don't think most games now offer online co-op yet alone offline co-op (I could be wrong). Capcom said that they wanted to attract COD crowd ($$$) and since I know that COD offers online split-screen co op, this would be a great feature to attract players from that crowd and a NEW feature that I think would be a great for RE6.​
Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...e-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/

What are your thoughts?

NOTE: THIS IS ABOUT THE ONLINE PORTION OF RE6. BEFORE POSTERS WHO DON'T ENJOY ONLINE, COULD YOU PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM DERAILING THIS THREAD (if i get any replies lol) W/ "THEIR SHOULD BE NO ONLINE" AND "ONLINE RUINED THE RE SERIES" TYPE OF REPLIES. THANKS.:)

tharsheblows

I'm relatively new to online gaming, but I've been with RE since day one..So I'm all for this idea, it's just a little complex for me lol...

Some of my best moments of gaming have been due to the online portion of video games.It's very fun to play with people from all around the world and meeting new people to play with while showing you different ways to improve your style of gameplay and coming up with different types of strategies to complete an objective . As of matter of fact, online gaming has helped me improve in a game just by playing with people who are better players than you and who and would kick you off of there team if you were not up to par. Not all players who are better than you are like that but most are (lol) but I've met quite a few who would give me tips that would help me improve which would then lead us to be gaming friends and would then improve in playing better. And it's not like I'd be random messaging people searching for tips but if something that seemed like it would be impossible to have happened or surprising I would say or send a message like "Where the hell did you come from" How the hell were you the only one to survive". These online situations would also affect my offline gameplay as well because the A.I. would now seem sort of easier than playing with/against a human because your skill has increased.

Hopefully it will have an offline mode for co-op and versus as well. How hard could it be to implement the same thing online just off?

Well they had mercenaries offline but not versus even though I'd prefer an online versus splitscreen this feature would be great as well.

Thanks for you guys replies.

Vivica Kang

Mushroom Kingdom- Community Relations Department

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I dont see a reason why they wouldnt add it, its a neat feature.

EDIT: I thought it was officially announced already just didnt have a link on the spot, Vivica Kang has the link to it actually in the above post. That confirms we will have offline splitscreen and quite possibly online splitscreen as well if Capcom plays it right.

tharsheblows

Solo or co-op – Resident Evil 6 delivers both single and two player co-op gameplay either offline or online.
Maybe this could be already implied. *Crossing fingers*
http://www.residentevilonly.com/apps/blog/show/15797811-e3-re6-official-fact-sheet (First Source)
(Second Source)
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2012/04/10/resident-evil-6s-co-op-detailed/?doing_wp_cron
Then again this could be changed but we shall see.

Maybe I'm missing something but these articles seem like they are only confirming co-op for the campaign. We already know about that, I'm talking about splitscreen co-op online, as in you and a friend playing on the same tv, while playing with others online as well.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Maybe I'm missing something but these articles seem like they are only confirming co-op for the campaign. We already know about that, I'm talking about splitscreen co-op online, as in you and a friend playing on the same tv, while playing with others online as well.
I am pretty sure they have offline splitscreen for all modes which means just a minor addition and it could work online as well. Im not sure if they have it in the game at this point but it wouldnt be a big problem for them to add it till release.

We just would need to find out if they have it already in the game and if not give them a shoutout to add it, seeing as they changed the hud stuff from E3 to SummerJam I am sure they could do this little addition in no time. If only we could get this question asked in an interview that would solve the problem.

tharsheblows

I am pretty sure they have offline splitscreen for all modes which means just a minor addition and it could work online as well. Im not sure if they have it in the game at this point but it wouldnt be a big problem for them to add it till release.

We just would need to find out if they have it already in the game and if not give them a shoutout to add it, seeing as they changed the hud stuff from E3 to SummerJam I am sure they could do this little addition in no time. If only we could get this question asked in an interview that would solve the problem.

Well I don't know about it being easy but trust me I've tried to get it answered in a stream before.They literally choose the dumbest questions to answer like" Will Leon be in the game?" and this was during E3 when Leon had been confirmed for a while and after RE6 stage demo which featured Leon.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Well I don't know about it being easy but trust me I've tried to get it answered in a stream before.They literally choose the dumbest questions to ask like" Will Leon be in the game?" and this was during E3 when Leon had been confirmed for a while and after RE6 stage demo which featured Leon.
Ohh streams, of course they choose the most stupid questions cuz they either dont want to answer the more specific questions or they dont know themselfs lolz
Such questions u can only get answered in interviews when asking right.

tharsheblows

Ohh streams, of course they choose the most stupid questions cuz they either dont want to answer the more specific questions or they dont know themselfs lolz
Such questions u can only get answered in interviews when asking right.

I know it was obviously dumb to ask a question like this during a stream, but hey... at least I tried. I guess this will only get confirmed when the game is released or someone gets the game earlier than the street date.

Top Bottom