• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Bosses In Resident Evil

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Honestly? Simmons in 6 was a ball-ache - I get that he was a persistent antagonist throughout the game but my gosh I was sick of fighting that guy. Like, I'd kill him and he's back in a different form. So I kill him again and what feels like three billion chapters later, he's still fricking alive and doing my head in.

In 5, the fight with Jill and Wesker got on my nerves - must have died four bajillion times before giving in and watching a video on how to get past it. So much so that the whole "7 minutes" line became a meme in our house for a looooong time.

D

Deleted member 21244

Uroboros wesker in resident evil 5... Probably the worst boss in the entire series.. He simply walk and do like two moves, also the vulcano is bad designed and downed in term of graphic compared to the rest of the game, almost look like this boss battle was made at the last second...

Also in resident evil 5 you must understand how to beat every boss and you must use strategy, while in this boss battle you must simply run backward and shoot him in the orange orb... Pretty lame for a final boss battle, i was expecting more, and a more decent finale to the rivalry between Chris and wesker...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I completely agree. The uroborous was super unnecessary. If he had any transformation, it should have been a full body transformation anyway. He didn't look that great in the finale. I suppose they wanted the final boss to be Wesker aware of who he was. But he didn't look intimidating.

D

Deleted member 21244

I completely agree. The uroborous was super unnecessary. If he had any transformation, it should have been a full body transformation anyway. He didn't look that great in the finale. I suppose they wanted the final boss to be Wesker aware of who he was. But he didn't look intimidating.
That boss was just put there at the last second I guess, that battle is bad both in term of gameplay that in term of graphics, the vulcano and the lava look like ****...
They could have used uroboros for me but they should have used the wesker uroboros original concept, it was more powerful and intimidating

mert20004

Eveline. Pretty easy boss fight and kinda lackluster just like the entire game.

Morpheus. Especially the final form which is extremely cheap since those weakspots pop in / out very fast and he can instant kill you if he's near you.

Mr.R

Honestly, in RE1 (and REmake) and RE2 boss fights were pretty much brain dead. You just run in circles and fire your most powerful weapon. Granted, the limitations of both games comes into play, but it's kinda sad that a room with two hunters in RE1 is more dangerous than the final boss. But to me, the most pathetic boss fight in is the Yawn library fight in REmake. She runs in circles around the room, you can outrun her and simply stab her in the end of her body with the knife. It's simply pathetic (not that you need to save ammo with all of those shotgun shells laying around, but it only shows how easy this fight is)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree with that sentiment mostly. In the earlier games, you have to avoid the boss and search for a pattern. Once you learn the pattern, timing, and are willing to risk how many shots you can get, you have figured out most of the the bosses. However, I do not want any more orange balls of glowing targets on bosses either. The remakes have given us more interesting boss fights which I appreciate.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I agree with that sentiment mostly. In the earlier games, you have to avoid the boss and search for a pattern. Once you learn the pattern, timing, and are willing to risk how many shots you can get, you have figured out most of the the bosses. However, I do not want any more orange balls of glowing targets on bosses either. The remakes have given us more interesting boss fights which I appreciate.
I second the glowy orange weak point bit. Lol

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I second Morpheus's final form in Dead Aim. Very cheap boss indeed. A big blob shouldn't be able to move that quickly.

I also wasn't a fan of Simmons in RE6 either but I think it was because I spent so much of the game being confused about who Simmons was more than anything. He wasn't memorable for me, especially when all the characters kept talking about him and I felt like I hadn't even seen him yet. I was just like: "Who dat? :unsure:"

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Simmons...ugh, he is just so annoying to deal with, i think that this gauntlet of boss fights exist for padding out the game. Its gross.

D

Deleted member 21244

Not that much, all Birkin form in re 2 remake are essentially shooting orange ball (his eyes) over and over again... And nemesis final form in remake 3 is literally shooting orange ball, and the rest of the boss like mr x or nemesis first and second form are essentially running around avoiding they're pattern (they have like 3/4 moves) and shoot them until they're down, like old re game (not a negative aspect actually) .. But that's how most videogame works i guess, boss just follow pattern...

re 4 and 5 have some good unique boss battle in my opinion, Some of the best in the series and in videogame history

Rain611

You can't kill me.
re 4 and 5 have some good unique boss battle in my opinion, Some of the best in the series and in videogame history
I don't know about all that. I think for the most part, Resident Evil bosses are really not all that memorable. Tyrant in the first RE, Birkin in RE2, Nemesis were memorable. Alexia was memorable, and Wesker. But EVERY single other boss was just meh in my opinion.

I think if you're going to bring up bosses in video game history, you might (or at least myself and my husband) think of LoZ, Metal Gear Solid and Dark Souls. But Resident Evil? Much less 4 and 5? Yea right lol.

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't know about all that. I think for the most part, Resident Evil bosses are really not all that memorable. Tyrant in the first RE, Birkin in RE2, Nemesis were memorable. Alexia was memorable, and Wesker. But EVERY single other boss was just meh in my opinion.

I think if you're going to bring up bosses in video game history, you might (or at least myself and my husband) think of LoZ, Metal Gear Solid and Dark Souls. But Resident Evil? Much less 4 and 5? Yea right lol.
Del lago, el gigante, bitores Mendez, Krauser, Verdugo, Salazar, saddler ecc where all memorable boss for me and where boss battle like never seen before in term of pure gameplay aspect and mechanics, considering that Most game after re 4 came out copied not only its gameplay but also the boss fight, I assume they were not only memorable but they were also a huge change for game industry...

Of course metal gear and dark Soul had memorable boss battle, no discussion on that front

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think RE4 had the most iconic bosses as mentioned by Wesker 959 above. Every single battle puts you in a unique situation with creepy enemies. But that is the best thing about RE4 - every encounter is unique in some way.... even when things go OVER the top. (IE - Two Gigantes in Bondage outfits fought over lava pits).

D

Deleted member 21244

I think RE4 had the most iconic bosses as mentioned by Wesker 959 above. Every single battle puts you in a unique situation with creepy enemies. But that is the best thing about RE4 - every encounter is unique in some way.... even when things go OVER the top. (IE - Two Gigantes in Bondage outfits fought over lava pits).
Yeah, even normal e enemy battle are iconic, like the village battle at the start of the game where the chainsaw man follow you, really intese... Or when you fight alongside Luis to protect the house, after this almost every action game i could remember (and every re game after that except, re 7 and 2 remake) had the protagonist lock themselves into am house to fight off incoming enemy, even the first the last of us had this moment when ellie and David had to fight off clickers ecc when they first meet, but this is one of the few game who nailed this kind of moment most of them only got boring moment like re 3 remake...
Re 4 is pretty much iconic from start to finish in my opinion

Top Bottom