• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Bosses In Resident Evil

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had specific bosses they didn't like - whether they didn't like the look of the boss, they were too easy, they were too hard.

I wasn't a big fan of Popokarimu - I mean, the battle against it was fine, but I thought it was kind of a boring design - something I would have made when I was like 10 or 11. I also wasn't a huge fan of Simmons. He had too many mutations, each more ridiculous than the next. It was basically Leon VS a Transformer. At some point, he was a T-Rex??? Not good. Also, I am 50/50 on the Ogromon battle - partly because it was too CoD of a battle, and secondly because it's named like a Digimon and those worlds are too different!

The Centipede in ZERO was kind of dumb too. I mean, I see that there is trend for making giant versions of ordinary creatures in the early games (scorpion, bat, snake, bee, centipede), but where does it all end?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
El gigante (re5)
This boss just seemed to be there as reference to re4, and no other reason

Electric fish thing (I think CV)
This was just Annoying, I don't even think it was a boss but I hated it.

Plant 42 (Re1)
...its a zombie plant...

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I hated most of them plus i liked verdugo he is a badass hard to kill and amusing to fight against also krauser and nemesis those guys fighting and abilitys take u back in time and i mean by that playing old re what a journy man

Flipqy42

Nevermore
RE0: Most of them were eh.
RE1: Plant 42
RE2: The Alligator
RE3: The Gravedigger
RECV: The Giant Worm
RE4: I liked them all
REvelations: Not a boss fight but that whole UAV section. F*ck that section
RE5: All but Wesker were kinda eh
REvelations 2: I liked them all
RE6: Simmons and Carla

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Honestly, boss fights are probably one of my favorite aspects of the series. Discovering them and fighting them. They are filled with surprises and have very interesting mechanics. There aren't really many that I don't like!

The worst one might be the Alligator from RE2. The thing was so stupid and didn't really have a place in the RE universe. It was silly and it was hardly a boss. I really thought the concept behind it was dumb and irrelevant to the game.

So far it seems like Plant 42 is the least liked to date. I mean... a plant is still biological so yes, a genetic mutation can cause it to change. We've observed odd plant growth from chemicals in the past. That aside. I thought the mechanics were very well done. It was an innovative fight and it was good. Annoying, but well done.

plant99

V-ACT
As someone else said, TALOS. it took me waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to defeat him. Only RE boss i ever get stuck at.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Simmons. Too many transformations, although the train fight wasn't bad. For me, its the only part of Leon's RE 6 campaign that sucked. Also, even though it's not technically a boss fight, the section in RE 5 where you're wading through the water trying to avoid the crocodiles. I could never predict where those f****rs were and always ended up blundering right into them. Frustrating. As. F***.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I honestly hate all the bosses post RE4. They're so weird and I figure out how it works it's so... wait, that was it? What? All my ammo all those times and that was what I was supposed to do? It's kinda infuriating, especially after 6, I lost patience with RE bosses.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I honestly hate all the bosses post RE4. They're so weird and I figure out how it works it's so... wait, that was it? What? All my ammo all those times and that was what I was supposed to do? It's kinda infuriating, especially after 6, I lost patience with RE bosses.

After 6? That means just Revelations 2 and the boss fights in that are fantastic! The good ending boss fight is one of the most fun fights in the series imho. I loved the fights in 5 as well. I guess fighting Ivering on the boat was a bit boring since it was too simplistic for my taste, but other than that. I love those bosses :p

TheKeeper90

Re0: The Centipede and the Bat evenly suck.

Re1: They're all great.

Re2: The alligator, while it worked great as an action setpiece I would have preffered the fight from 1.5 where you actually would shoot it.

RE3: Gravedigger, what a snorefest.

ReCV: Gravedigger again.

Re4: Saddler, great fight but underwelming as a final boss in a game full of punishing boss fights. Only time I ever lost to this guy was when I failed the quick time on the walkway that falls.

Re5: First Wesker fight where you gotta shoot the missle.

Re6: Don't really remember any of them.

Rev1: Norman, stupidly hard and annoying.

Rev2: I think I liked all of them.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
After playing RE5 again on professional I can now say that I hate Ndesu with a passion.

I'm not gonna say how many times I died, but it was a lot... What do you mean I died 104 times?... Lies.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Everything involving teleporting Wesker. Having to waste all my ammo on a lightning-fast enemy on the off chance that he might not dodge this time, but with no clue whatsoever as to when that will be, is not a challenge, it's just annoying as hell. I also dislike pretty much all the other RE5 bosses because of their boring design, nothing but walking mountains of worms, though I do appreciate that there's usually more than just one way to defeat them.

As some others have pointed out, Simmons in RE6 is utterly ridiculous in every single way, to the extent that I usually just quit Leon's campaign after the fourth chapter. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Alexia's second form so far. It's been a while since I played Code Veronica, my second-least favourite RE, but I remember many fans complaining about how hard that fight was.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
After playing RE5 again on professional I can now say that I hate Ndesu with a passion.

I'm not gonna say how many times I died, but it was a lot... What do you mean I died 104 times?... Lies.

Honestly... that might be one of the worst fights in the whole series. The whole design of that fight was poor. Not to mention you can get very unlucky with his move sets and get screwed over. Half the time you know you're going to die seconds before you actually do die. It's not very fun.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Would I update my answer from before?

A few years later - I don't mind Popokarimu as much. I still think it is just an amalgamation of creatures, but the battle was entertaining.

And now that RE7 is a thing - I can say for sure that the final battle against Jack Baker was kind of boring. The first few boss fights of that game are some highlights of the series. Final Jack is kind of a letdown. Evelyn was a little bit of a letdown too. Her final form was creepy, but the game was for being cinematic as opposed to skill based. And I hate cinematic finales.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I have a few that grinds my gears

G-Birkin, Mr X final form, Alexia, and Javier(Darkside Chronicles)

Saddler, The Bella Sisters, U2(RE4)

Frankly, almost every single boss in RE5, but specially...Ndesu(El Gigante's African cousin), U-8(The giant space flea from nowhere), and Uroboros type 5(that second one from the labs).

Another few bosses from RE6...Carla(so annoying), Lepotica(Both of them), That stupid gauntlet at the end of Ada's first chapter(if it counts), Simmons(Every single form), Ubistvo(The chainsaw creature), Haos(ugh....)

Jack and Lucas(RE7)

Scagdead, Rachel, Malacoda, and T-Abyss Tyrant(Revelations)

Nosferatu(Code Veronica and Darkside Chronicles)

Mutated Steve(Code Veronica)

Chief Irons and G-Birkin(RE2 Remake)

Giant Bat and Proto Tyrant(RE0)

Lisa Trevor and Yawn(REmake)

Grave Digger(RE3)

Mutated Pedro and Uroboros Neil(Revelations 2)

I think that's it, i could update if anything comes to mind

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I thought the final boss in Zero was pretty terrible. It was easily one of the most annoying boss battles I've fought in any game, simply because you're controlling 2 characters at the same time that are extremely vulnerable to attacks.

Top Bottom