• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Will Resident Evil 7 be the last in the series?

black 93

I really doubt its the end, RE is one of those series that they'll try to keep going even when fans say enough. I dont know about anyone else, but dosent RE8 and RE9 sound a bit strange to say out loud? lol

black 93

Although i do think RE7 should be the game to retire some characters, like mr redfield. That poor dude has been through the ringer

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I've heard rumors that it is the last title. However those rumor hold no water and the game would have to be multi-campaigned on two disks and far larger than RE6 was. I don't see them doing it.

There are six to eight story arch's that need to be tied up and unless ALL roads lead to Alex Wesker.... It's not happening. Though it is possible that Alex has been pulling strings far longer than we've thought. Ironically many of these arch's can EASILY be tied into her character.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I dont know about anyone else, but dosent RE8 and RE9 sound a bit strange to say out loud? lol

Haha not at all! XD Final Fantasy is now going on Final Fantasy XV. Does that sound weird to you? Hmmm no?

I'd like to think 7, 8, 9 are more of a trilogy and the story becomes a little more focused with all the characters. That way they can avoid the whole controversy of RE6. There are far too many plot points that seem interconnected that need to be explained! :)

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I doubt it'll be the last RE game, but even if it were the last in the numbered series, a reboot is always possible. Jill, Chris, & co. are in their 40s now, after all, they can't keep doing this forever.

Just like how Square-Enix/Crystal Dynamics rebooted Tomb Raider to make Lara young again, I could see Capcom doing the same thing here at some point. If that's the case, please don't change Jill's look too much. :love:

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
listing i dont wish to come to end! if RE7 the end im sure it will be mind blowing and world, but im sure it will be great if they do some other parts of story you know lil remakes.that will be a cool way to end im epic game legendary heros a lifetime experience and child hood memorys...all im trying to say (welcome to the club)

Top Bottom