• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Will Resident Evil 7 be the last in the series?

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
As the title says, do you think Resi 7 will be the last in the series? Could they create a whole new threat that will keep the series going? What do you guys think?

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I believe there is a chance that resi 7 might be the last major release, having too many numbered tittles seems a bit too much for me at least (like RE 8/9/10). Franchise reboot could happen after 7 and if it does I kinda prefer if they use other name than resident evil/biohazard (can't think of any other atm).

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Could be, but I'm not so sure. I wouldn't mind if they give some closure on a few characters in RE and end their story arcs, so that they can focus on the new characters. I'm not against it if they end Chris'&Jill's story after RE7 for example.

wayne

Could be, but I'm not so sure. I wouldn't mind if they give some closure on a few characters in RE and end their story arcs, so that they can focus on the new characters. I'm not against it if they end Chris'&Jill's story after RE7 for example.

This! I dont think resident evil will end any time soon, its way to popular. They possibly could give us closure on some characters now becausd much as i hate to admit it leon, chris, jill and barry are all getting old now. If they did get closure though i doubt itll be the last we see of them as they could do prequals which they could also star in.

N7Valentine

This! I dont think resident evil will end any time soon, its way to popular. They possibly could give us closure on some characters now becausd much as i hate to admit it leon, chris, jill and barry are all getting old now. If they did get closure though i doubt itll be the last we see of them as they could do prequals which they could also star in.
That's true. I think Chris and Jill's story should have ended after RE5, but no they had to drag Chris back in 6 and completely ignored the plot with Jill ( and Jill herself) in RE6 :p They only acknowledged the part with killing Wesker from 5.
I think Leon's place was justified in RE6, but not so with Chris. It felt like a fanservice to me.

wayne

That's true. I think Chris and Jill's story should have ended after RE5, but no they had to drag Chris back in 6 and completely ignored the plot with Jill ( and Jill herself) in RE6 :p They only acknowledged the part with killing Wesker from 5.
I think Leon's place was justified in RE6, but not so with Chris. It felt like a fanservice to me.

I do really like chris but i just think hes being used to much revelations resident evil 5 and then resident evil 6 he really needs a break now. Just a thought since 5 took place in 2009 and 6 was 2012/2013 there is a 2 year gap which does kind of explain to me why jill wasnt mentioned or anything because in those 2 years they can just make a game explaining what happened to jill after 5 if that makes any sense. Jills story couldnt really end after 5 imo because there was still so many unanswered questions like what happened after she got back from africa, what her life would be like now after being "dead" for 3 years. Theres alot of things capcom need to do for jill which hopefully is what the next game will be about.

N7Valentine

I do really like chris but i just think hes being used to much revelations resident evil 5 and then resident evil 6 he really needs a break now. Just a thought since 5 took place in 2009 and 6 was 2012/2013 there is a 2 year gap which does kind of explain to me why jill wasnt mentioned or anything because in those 2 years they can just make a game explaining what happened to jill after 5 if that makes any sense. Jills story couldnt really end after 5 imo because there was still so many unanswered questions like what happened after she got back from africa, what her life would be like now after being "dead" for 3 years. Theres alot of things capcom need to do for jill which hopefully is what the next game will be about.
Well I agree with you on that one. It's very interesting to know what happened to her. Does still still work for the BSAA or did she quit her job. And what happened between her and Chris? You know it was so strange that he didn't mention her at all in RE6, after making such a big fuss over her in RE5. Is there some bad blood between those two or was it just lazy writing on Capcom's part? They need to elaborate on her story after 5, cuz RE6 didn't do that :/

wayne

Well I agree with you on that one. It's very interesting to know what happened to her. Does still still work for the BSAA or did she quit her job. And what happened between her and Chris? You know it was so strange that he didn't mention her at all in RE6, after making such a big fuss over her in RE5. Is there some bad blood between those two or was it just lazy writing on Capcom's part? They need to elaborate on her story after 5, cuz RE6 didn't do that :/

I dont see her quitting the bsaa tbh more like took some time out probably. I got a feeling that they all work for the bsaa part from claire obviously is with terrasave. Even rebecca she probably does some medical thing for the bsaa.

N7Valentine

I dont see her quitting the bsaa tbh more like took some time out probably. I got a feeling that they all work for the bsaa part from claire obviously is with terrasave. Even rebecca she probably does some medical thing for the bsaa.
Or better Rebecca could be the one who treated Jill during her rehab or something like that and thus they can justify Rebecca appearance in RE7 as Jill's partner :) I'd love to see that one.

wayne

Or better Rebecca could be the one who treated Jill during her rehab or something like that and thus they can justify Rebecca appearance in RE7 as Jill's partner :) I'd love to see that one.

Now that is a good idea! I dont think capcom are smart enough to come up with that one tho lol

wayne

I dont think resident evil will end for tears yet. Capcom knows how popular the franchise is, just because a few games went badly isnt enough for them to end it. All game franchises have a few bad games here and there im sure.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I highly doubt it will be the last. Resident Evil is one of Capcom's biggest selling franchises, they'd be foolish to discontinue it.

Top Bottom