• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why no Leon?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
He's not in Afterlife. This film is scheduled to be released this year in early September, and there's no Leon to be found in the cast. It might be possible as it seems they are still negotiating for the inclusion of Jill in the movie, but at this point it's unlikely for Leon.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;63358 said:
He's not in Afterlife. This film is scheduled to be released this year in early September, and there's no Leon to be found in the cast. It might be possible as it seems they are still negotiating for the inclusion of Jill in the movie, but at this point it's unlikely for Leon.
Excellent. If he's not in the film, he needs an extraordinary amount of bad luck to die.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I hear that Chris and Claire will NOT be close in the film.

Do they just play the games and go "LET'S JUST DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE TO EVERYTHING HERE?!"

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Yeah it certainly seems that way, wolfgirl. WHY did they have to seriously a** r*pe the one series that I loved the most? Can we arrest Paul Anderson for rape? He should seriously be shot for what he has done.

DISCLAIMER! -METAPHORICAL! I WISH NO BODILY HARM TO Paul Anderson!-

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wolfgirl;64032 said:
Do they just play the games and go "LET'S JUST DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE TO EVERYTHING HERE?!"
I'm not so sure they have actually played the games. :confused:

Elochai;64089 said:
Can we arrest Paul Anderson for rape?
Is he the director? If Paul Anderson is responsible then he should be fired and arrested.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I think Paul is a writer, too. Either way, he is guilty of rape and should be charged for said crime. You know your movie is bad when the commentary makes it seem somewhat tolerable.

Resident James

The audio cometary of the Resident evil movies are better than the movies because the actress that plays Alice is hilarious.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I know, right!? The commentary for the first movie is HILARIOUS. I can't watch the movie on dvd without having the commentary on.

IF they do ever bring Leon into the movie, I want him to be like the RE2 Leon. I'm not too fond of the new emo Leon.. He's kind of annoying.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
La Femme Fatale;63973 said:
What do you guys think of that? They hired Wentworth Miller as Chris...

Who?
Talk about adding insult to injury.

Seriously I would much rather have CAPCOM come out with movies like Degeneration than the crap these filmmakers, like Paul Anderson, are spewing out. As standalone films they are alright (nothing amazing, but still fun to watch) but the fact that they are based on a damn game series and they feel absolutely nothing like the games... They are just simply terrible.

I understand that they needed to change things up a bit for the sake of the movie; play with the story a bit and add characters and expand on the personalities of the characters from the games and change their wardrobe a bit, but damn it don’t change the personalities of the characters (like Jill- she seriously wasn’t the Jill that most fans came to know and love).

Sure the story in this game series isn't anything deep and poetic but how it is presented is what makes it so great and memorable. I think the films should have went for a more realistic and more serious tone than the goofy crap the movies are crammed with.

I always thought that Johnny Messner would make a great Chris... Hell Paul Walker would make a damn fine Chris if given the chance.

Paul Walker:
paul_walker_dave_evans.jpg

(Just dye his hair a dark brown and you got Chris- before RE5)

Johnny Messner:
JohnnyMessner01.jpg
(and OMG, him like that in front of me... things would get a little mess-y :D)
45.jpg

As for a Wesker... Robert Patrick (yes the man from Terminator 2: Judgment Day) always reminded me of Wesker.
rpatrick01.jpg

Okay... so he may be a little older now but he's definitely a great improvement from the guy they have playing Albert in the movies! :lol:

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I can totally see Messner as Chris. He looks the part, can act the part, and could sell it much better than Miller can. As for Wesker, I've always thought that Val Kilmer would fit him PERFECT. Just picture Val with a slight european accent and BAM! Wesker.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Elochai;64204 said:
IF they do ever bring Leon into the movie, I want him to be like the RE2 Leon. I'm not too fond of the new emo Leon.. He's kind of annoying.

HE IS NOT EMO :O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!

@STAR_738: Johnny Messner is DEFINITELY a better Chris... wow! And Wentworth Miller is the main guy on Prison Break.

Jason whatshisface is a rubbish Wesker. His hair isn't high enough. They should have modelled it on the original Wesker in the original RE opening video. Now THAT was Wesker. Plus, Jason looks too young. Wesker is meant to be mid-30s in RE1, he doesn't look anywhere near that age.

ALSO GUYS, be GRATEFUL about Paul W.S. Anderson directing RE, cos it could've been a WHOLE LOT WORSE. They could've asked UWE BOLL to do it! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH I still have nightmares at that possibility. Described as an "iconic director" on the back of one of the DVDs for 'In The Name of the King', his filmography also includes classics such as:

House of the Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WzMpkSMQiU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgNeoMvC6hA

Far Cry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0JQnxMPkc

Bloodrayne (aka 'Michael Madsen your Career is Officially Destroyed Now')

Bloodrayne 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Q1SLhEH9Q

Alone in the Dark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUyWpAkgTic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N8I2s6oiaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=secK6a7-jVw

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
wolfgirl;64287 said:
Jason whatshisface is a rubbish Wesker. His hair isn't high enough. They should have modelled it on the original Wesker in the original RE opening video. Now THAT was Wesker. Plus, Jason looks too young. Wesker is meant to be mid-30s in RE1, he doesn't look anywhere near that age.
Jason O'Mara isn't reprising his role as Wesker. They've cast a 'Shawn Roberts' in that role instead.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0731575/

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
La Femme Fatale;64302 said:
Jason O'Mara isn't reprising his role as Wesker. They've cast a 'Shawn Roberts' in that role instead.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0731575/

He looks like he could at least play the character if he didn't say anything...what is his voice like?

I can't watch videos so I will probably pop in Jumper and check it out, according to IMDB he is in that movie.

Also, I always though Paul Walker could play a pretty compelling Chris, granted he had the right hairstyle and color and all, but otherwise I think appearance & voice wise, he could do a great job.:)

Okay, also with Paul W.S. Anderson, I think he is a fine director, has alot of really cool ideas, he just got screwed over by Capcom when they made RE0, which made his movie(meant to be a prequel to the first game) obsolete. I would love for more CG films like Degeneration, but I didn't think they did such a great job on it, I mean it looked nice, and having Alyson Court & Paul Mercier play their chararacters was brilliant, but I would love for Anderson to make a CG film for RE, as long as he stayed in the parameters of the RE canon.:)

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Ugh... I liked House of the Dead... lol. I don't know why, cause it REALLY is a horrible movie. But I agree, if he did the movie, it would be worse than they are now. But c'mon! Psychic powers?! TERRIBLE! Making Jill out to be a wuss? TERRIBLE! The idea started out great. Having Alice a highly trained agent of Umbrella guarding the entrance to The Hive was awesome! Surviving the incident down below just by using her training IS Resident Evil. If they would had just kept with that, i.e. no super powers and only having special weapons training, hand to hand combat training, and all around survival training, would had made these movies MUCH greater than what they are. You cannot argue with me on that.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well I actually didn't like the 3rd film...so the psychic powers thing is something I am not on board with...

The 1st one is the only one I really liked, and I thought it was a terrific movie, not really any complaints. The second, which is Anderson's first mistake, was okay, had it's moments. I didn't like Jill smoking, or the change of hair color, or the 'badass' personality, but again, the 2nd & 3rd movies are not canon, nor were they meant to be, but once you get over all of that, they can be moderately enjoyable.

The Alice character and that whole prequel idea that Anderson had was cool, and certainly everyone can see the similarities, but compared to RE0, it doesn't compare.:) In any case, I will watch this new film, probably and hopefully forget it so that it doesn't interfere with my canon RE knowledge, and just try to enjoy the experience. I mean nobody can go in and get ****ed off because they didn't like how it wasn't like the games, it has been established for some time that the movies are not canon, so keeping that in mind, most will be able to watch it.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I agree with you to a point. And it's really just on preference. I wasn't a huge fan of RE0. Great game-play and all, but I just wasn't a fan of the story. I understand that it wasn't meant to be canon, and with the understanding of this, I go into the movie hoping that it may turn out to be decent. I just can't get over how unlike Resident Evil it is. They use the names of the characters, B.O.W.'s, etc. and that's as far as it goes. The rest is just rubbish. I just can't enjoy it due to the fact that they butchered the concept of it. It's not really hardcore survival if psychic powers and super-human strength are being used against rotting and mindless zombies. If they changed the name of the movies and characters, I could enjoy it.

Top Bottom