• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which version of the game do you like the most?

Which version of the game do you like the most?

• Total voters

Dos

On Gamecube the knife is supposedly weaker than on the other three versions.

And tequilla, sorry, I wasn't aware you were a femme! Won't make that mistake again. I'm still not sure what you mean by the 'creature in the coccoon" though- if by the coccoon you mean the Novistador nest in Chapter 4-1...on Normal and Professional, once Ashley has been abducted, you'll be chased and confronted by seven or eight flying Novistadors, and then if you shoot down the nest, that'll kill an additional two Novistador that were obviously residing within the nest. Sometimes if you land a lucky shot, one of those two will come crashing down and die before the whole nest collapses. But there's no super creature residing within it- and I have the GC version...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;71585 said:
I've never played a shooter on PS. Is it harder to aim with a ps controller than a mouse? :confused:
It's probably easier to aim with a mouse, but the joypad controls offers other advantages. I find the PS2 joypad more comfortable to use. I think what is best depends on the game.

Dos;71640 said:

and then if you shoot down the nest, that'll kill an additional two Novistador that were obviously residing within the nest. Sometimes if you land a lucky shot, one of those two will come crashing down and die before the whole nest collapses.
I'm not sure but I think the PS2 knife does about 1.5 damage.

I didn't know about two Novistadors inside the nest, I'll try shooting them down sometime.

tequila

Bottle Lover
Dos;71640 said:

And tequilla, sorry, I wasn't aware you were a femme! Won't make that mistake again. I'm still not sure what you mean by the 'creature in the coccoon" though- if by the coccoon you mean the Novistador nest in Chapter 4-1...on Normal and Professional, once Ashley has been abducted, you'll be chased and confronted by seven or eight flying Novistadors, and then if you shoot down the nest, that'll kill an additional two Novistador that were obviously residing within the nest. Sometimes if you land a lucky shot, one of those two will come crashing down and die before the whole nest collapses. But there's no super creature residing within it- and I have the GC version...

That is fine, no worries ;)

Wierd..... would it depend if it's a PAL version or such? The game I had, I did go through a pack of Novistadors and then I could have sworn that there was a bigger one nesting in the cocoon.... I've played the GC version so long ago. I've played a couple of months when it first came out. My friend had gone out to get it the first day when it first came out for GC.

Ahh my memory is a bit blurry....:(

Perhaps I did get confused for the last two Novistadors. Who knows? I'm looking more up on that.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Something that I forgot to add about the Wii version of RE4 is that in Mercenaries, all of the Mercenaries(Ada, Hunk, and Wesker) get knifies this time. In the GC, PS2, and PC they don't have knifies with the exception of Leon and Krauser, but all of them have knifies in the Wii version. I know this may have sounded useless, but I wanted to add it.

Top Bottom