• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which version of the game do you like the most?

Which version of the game do you like the most?

• Total voters

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I have looked a thread like this and came up with nothing so I wanted to go ahead and make it. NOTE: If anyone finds a thread like this, go ahead and close this one, but remeber, I looked it up and saw no thread like this.

There are 4 versions of the game. The regional versions of the game don't count as each regional version have differences like JAP version dosen't have decapitations, but classic camera veiws when played as Ashley, PAL has Easy mode, and NTSC has decapitations, but no easy mode. This is only counting the console versions.

So far I have played 2 versions of the game and seen the other 2.

My favorite out of the 4 versions has to be the latest one, Wii Edition. The reason was that it came with the most stuff, if you exclude modding the PC version, than the other console versions. You get the fantastic GC graphics, PS2 extras, a new title screen, comes with both pointer and laser, knife for Ada, and extra costumes for both Leon and Ada in Mercenaries. The only let down, that I really didn't care about, was that it didn't come with GC controller manual, it only came with Wii remote and Wii controller manual.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The Major;69393 said:
PAL has Easy mode, and NTSC has decapitations, but no easy mode.
My version has both Easy mode and decapitations. It is PS2 PAL.

My favorite out of the 4 versions has to be the latest one, Wii Edition. The reason was that it came with the most stuff, if you exclude modding the PC version, than the other console versions. You get the fantastic GC graphics, PS2 extras, a new title screen, comes with both pointer and laser, knifes for all Mercenaries characters, and extra costumes for both Leon and Ada in Mercenaries. The only let down, that I really didn't care about, was that it didn't come with GC controller manual, it only came with Wii remote and Wii controller manual.
Have you played the Wii version? I have heard that RE4 is easy on Wii, I wonder if it had to to with the controls. Easy to snipe with handguns?

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Romero;69399 said:

Have you played the Wii version? I have heard that RE4 is easy on Wii, I wonder if it had to to with the controls. Easy to snipe with handguns?

Yes, I have played the Wii version of it, however I never did try with the Wii remote, I only tried with the GC controller, but I am going to play it with the Wii remote when ever I play it again.

faggot

ps2 one definately because i got it christmas because i read a magazine that gave it a 10/10 and saved money it had amazing graphics well compared to Ratchet and clank and war of the monsters

gc( got cheap at gs for like 9 dollars months ago) and played on bros cube he gave me (hand me downs ftw) was easier imo in main game and in mercenaries the controls felt better once you got used to them and it had really good effects

maybe the gc was easier because I played resident evil 4 so much on ps2

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I have the GC, PS2 & Wii versions of the game.

Romero;69399 said:

RE4 isn't any more or less easy than the others, except that most of us have already played the game and already know what to do.

The controls feel wierd. at first, but once you get used to it, it works the best, the aiming with the Wiimote is especially useful in the shooting range thing...

It is also the graphically superior version(not much different from the GC, but noticabley different from the PS2 & PC counterparts). The Wii version truly is the best, as it looks as good as the GC version, and has all of the great extras from the PS2 version, and then some, as it also has lots of other little extras, like the PLR gun being much better, 3 trailers are available on the main screen(2 GC & 1 PS2), and an UC teaser. Also, I don't remember if Ada got her knife in Assignment Ada & Mercs in the PS2 version, but she definately does in the Wii one.

The only problem I have with it, is that we are forced to use the Wiimote, although we can use the classic controller, I don't like the button placement, especially after RE5, where shooting & reloading are on the left side of the 4 buttons, while the Wii version(classic controller) of RE4 has it on the right side...little things like that, that cause a bit of confusion and frustrating moments. So the Wiimote/nunchuk combo is the best.:)

weskersbarber

Spike991;69490 said:
I have the GC, PS2 & Wii versions of the game.

RE4 isn't any more or less easy than the others, except that most of us have already played the game and already know what to do.

The controls feel wierd. at first, but once you get used to it, it works the best, the aiming with the Wiimote is especially useful in the shooting range thing...

It is also the graphically superior version(not much different from the GC, but noticabley different from the PS2 & PC counterparts). The Wii version truly is the best, as it looks as good as the GC version, and has all of the great extras from the PS2 version, and then some, as it also has lots of other little extras, like the PLR gun being much better, 3 trailers are available on the main screen(2 GC & 1 PS2), and an UC teaser. Also, I don't remember if Ada got her knife in Assignment Ada & Mercs in the PS2 version, but she definately does in the Wii one.

The only problem I have with it, is that we are forced to use the Wiimote, although we can use the classic controller, I don't like the button placement, especially after RE5, where shooting & reloading are on the left side of the 4 buttons, while the Wii version(classic controller) of RE4 has it on the right side...little things like that, that cause a bit of confusion and frustrating moments. So the Wiimote/nunchuk combo is the best.:)

no ada doesnt have a knife in assigment ada for the ps2 version but she has a knife for the mercenaries

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I only have the GC version of the game, but I've played the Wii version. Since I haven't gotten used to the Wii controls and therefore had a pretty sh!tty time with it, by default I'm going to have to chose the GC. :lol:

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
La Femme Fatale;69507 said:
I only have the GC version of the game, but I've played the Wii version. Since I haven't gotten used to the Wii controls and therefore had a pretty sh!tty time with it, by default I'm going to have to chose the GC. :lol:

I don't know about you, but I love the GC controller for RE games.:) It is really an odd controller, with a big A button, a tiny B one, and the Y & X buttons are oddly shaped and placed...

Despite the oddness, it isn't as bad as the N64 trident controller, which requires you to have three arms.

dark_zero

I played both the GC version and the PC version, didnt mind them both but they did have their disapointments. The GC version didnt have seperate ways and the PC port was not compatible enough for the game so the graphics were a lil choppy. Now if I could get my Ps2 to work I would be trying the ps2 version.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Spike991;69490 said:
It sounds to me like you are talking about RE4 in general, but I meant to ask how is the Wii version compared to PS2.
Some author of game guides have said that the Wiimote makes the game so easy on Wii because of the aiming system. I think the game is a little too easy on PS2 so I wouldn't want it any easier.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I'll be honest I like any version that has the Gangstar outfit and Tommy-Gun skin for the CT inf ammo.. Which I think its all version except GC.

I would of voted for GC but It doesnt have as much unlockables as the PS2 version...

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I'm gonna say the PS2 version..and it's the same reason echoey gave lol. More unlockables.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I dont know why but when it first came out for GC it said it was only for GC, Then later it started being released on other formats. ps2 & pc
And I dont know why they didnt put those unlockables in the GC version, probaly because the discs are not big enough lol.

Shame though, GC has the least unlockables :( because it was first to be released lol

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Romero;69584 said:

It sounds to me like you are talking about RE4 in general, but I meant to ask how is the Wii version compared to PS2.
Some author of game guides have said that the Wiimote makes the game so easy on Wii because of the aiming system. I think the game is a little too easy on PS2 so I wouldn't want it any easier.

The Wii version of the game dosen't make it as easy. If you play with the GC Controller or Wii controller then it is the same difficulty as the other platforms.

However, playing with the Wii remote makes it a little more harder as you have to shake the controller to reload which makes you lose you aiming fast, and you have to use the nunchuck to make the camera change directions while aiming.

However, the wii version is the hardest. If you can remeber from the GC, PS2, and PC version that if you didn't buy a single health spray from the merchant for a long time then he will have about 50 health sprays to sell near the end of the game. In the Wii version he will not sell a single health spray if you have a health spray in your attache' case. So finding herbs are your ticket for health Sprays are a rarity in the game. The only possible way to have multiple sprays in your attache' case is of course like every other RE game, find them.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The Major;69666 said:
However, playing with the Wii remote makes it a little more harder as you have to shake the controller to reload which makes you lose you aiming fast, and you have to use the nunchuck to make the camera change directions while aiming.
The Wii remote sounds like a recipe for tendinitis and other hand problems...
What nunchucks? If that is not a Japanese weapon then I have no idea.

However, the wii version is the hardest. If you can remeber from the GC, PS2, and PC version that if you didn't buy a single health spray from the merchant for a long time then he will have about 50 health sprays to sell near the end of the game. In the Wii version he will not sell a single health spray if you have a health spray in your attache' case.
I don't find that to be true for the PS2 version. Late in the game the merchants don't have more than two first aid sprays at a time.
I have never bought a spray, in fact I have sold every spray that I have found so far. I've had no use for them.

But aiming is very easy with the Wii controller? That's what I heard anyway.

tequila

Bottle Lover
I own the game for the PS2, but when I played it for the first time, I borrowed it from a friend for the GC.

I liked it for the GC because it had some added boss battles and some features. I don't recall if it had Seperate Ways or not on the GC version. It did get easier if you play the game alot, well any game that is. The one boss battle I was looking for was the one with the big moth (GC). There's a big cocoon hanging from the ceiling. That''s where Ashley gets captured by this insect for the last time. Then before u shoot the chains for the door, the big moth comes and attacks u.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I think I vote from me would be kind of meaningless because I've tried only one version.

tequila;69810 said:
I liked it for the GC because it had some added boss battles and some features. I don't recall if it had Seperate Ways or not on the GC version. It did get easier if you play the game alot, well any game that is. The one boss battle I was looking for was the one with the big moth (GC). There's a big cocoon hanging from the ceiling. That''s where Ashley gets captured by this insect for the last time. Then before u shoot the chains for the door, the big moth comes and attacks u.
What boss battles/features does the GC version has that the PS2 version has not?

The "moth" are novistadors.

faggot

Romero;69715 said:
The Wii remote sounds like a recipe for tendinitis and other hand problems...
What nunchucks? If that is not a Japanese weapon then I have no idea.

I don't find that to be true for the PS2 version. Late in the game the merchants don't have more than two first aid sprays at a time.
I have never bought a spray, in fact I have sold every spray that I have found so far. I've had no use for them.

But aiming is very easy with the Wii controller? That's what I heard anyway.
i just watched a youtube video and it showed a huge reticule replacing the laser pointing
938877_20070413_screen001.jpg

938877_20070413_screen008.jpg
938877_20070619_screen004.jpg

so i guess it would be easier than the ps2 one plus if it uses gc merc's then more enemies makes it easier to get 5 stars

Iced Digger

Yes, playing it on the wii is extremely easier than the GC or PS2. I had no trouble during the game, it was so easy to aim and control.

Dos

Romero;69813 said:
I think I vote from me would be kind of meaningless because I've tried only one version.

What boss battles/features does the GC version has that the PS2 version has not?

The "moth" are novistadors.

Not sure what he really means either- there aren't any added boss battles on the GC version. The GC version has slightly higher amounts of enemies in a couple of areas compared to the PS2 version (I recall reading that three of those were the water room in 3-1, the clocktower bridge in 4-1 and the mine cart in 4-3).

Top Bottom