• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) which is better

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I always preferred playing as Leon for Act 1 and Claire for Act 2. I much preferred Leon's weapons because they seemed to cause the most gruesome deaths for zombies. I always thought Claire's weapons - particularly the grenade launcher - were much more powerful than Leon's arsenal and preferred to play as her during Act 2.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think it would depend on the scenario...
I think the best scenario is Claire A, but i don't like Claire B...
I also prefer Leon B, that way the story makes more sense...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
the actual orginal is leon a claire b, thats how its supposed to be played.
although i prefer playing it claire a leon b

Mitch

I prefer both of Leon's scenarios. Though given the choice of which story to play through, Claire A Leon B is the way I go.

I lost me Leon disc years ago and it was really annoying that I could only ever play through Claire A. So I was a bit naughty and just downloaded and burned Leon's disc to a CDR (lucky I was playing the Dreamcast version).

Valentine

Hard To Kill
iHadeSsS;22164 said:
the actual orginal is leon a claire b, thats how its supposed to be played.
although i prefer playing it claire a leon b
No I think that the original is the Claire A/Leon B.
There you even have Ada's original death!
But then they braught her back to life.
It supposed to look like Leon A is original but I don't think it is.

L Kennedy

Valentine;22295 said:
No I think that the original is the Claire A/Leon B.
There you even have Ada's original death!
But then they braught her back to life.
It supposed to look like Leon A is original but I don't think it is.

It is Leon A/ Claire B. Its in Leon A Adas original death is, when she falls.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
No I think the original death is when she's killed by MR.X at least it was supposed to be that way but later games change it.
I'm not sure I don't have any proof of my theory.
I think that from the beginning it was supposed to be that way.

L Kennedy

In the book Ada falls and Claire fight against Mr. X in the ending and Leon fight against the last for of William birkin that is in B. So im not sure, I think it is Leon A/ Claire B.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Originally, as you can confirm by Wesker's Report, it was to be played like Leon A/Claire B, but Wesker's Report is not compatible with the most recent games' events, which suggest Claire A/Leon B is the canon version... Though i'd like to believe it is a mix of both.

Mitch

Well, either way, the game ended with the same conclusion, so it's not entirely important. In both scenarios, Sherry was vaccinated against and Ada survived.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Now I have proof, if you watch the second episode in the
"Resident Evil Retrospective" thread in Resident Evil General, cacom will explain why it's Claire A Leon B.

Hashmatt360

Steve hit the nail on the head here. Claire's weapons are more powerful, and if my memory serves me correctly, she has more inventory space to start. Making her game overall easier. So i prefer leon A, then Claire B. But talk about an amazing game. Why dont they make more double disk interactive games like this one?

Wesker1987

About a year ago i played through with Leon 1st scenario and saved it.
But to my suprise when i put it on the other day to do Claire's 2nd scenario the game or my memory card had went senile i think and thought i was to play Leon's 2nd scenario.
It was just wierd and thought i would share that with you.
It is 11 years old i guess.

Anyway i done it; 3 and a half hours with a B ranking which was pretty good i thought since i couldn't really remember much from the 2nd scenario.

Top Bottom