• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which director is hated the most? Anderson or Michael Bay?

Which of tthe 2 is hated the most?

• Anderson

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Michael Bay

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Both are equally loathed!

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Seven I'll HALF-WAY give you...I can't stand Brad Pitt as an actor...I think he's just plain awful and makes it on his looks..
I throw my two cents in because i think you have a misconception of an amazing actor. Brad Pitt is not only the sexiest male actor alive but he actually does have talent to boot. Brad Pitt i believe is also from another planet, I rarely see him in interviews or talk about anything. I've only ever seen him in movies, the guy was built to act in them. He has no other purpose on this earth. If you take the sheer versatility of his screen apearances, Snatch---12 Monkeys---Meet Joe Black---Fight Club----Troy----Se7en----Inglorious Basterds. Those are just a spectrum of his diversity of which i'm hard pressed to say any other actor can match other than Edward Norton.

So i say dont be a part of this mindless group of haters "Hes just in the film industry because of his abs!!!" BS. He's a robot for crying out loud.

Come on Killer drink the Pitt kool-aid....its a happy place

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't think they were saying "this is how it happened", but rather "this is how it should have happened". They intentionally played with the history because it was supposed to be a fun, redemption flick.

Now the movie Troy on the other hand, from what I understand (based off of this one girl's rants against the film), was completely different from the original story.
I know it wasn't saying that's what happened...It just still really gets to me...

Troy was different but the same...For one, we can't accurately make a movie from that war because of the time difference...Second, it was mindless violence the whole way through...Third, the main complaint I have with Troy is that it makes it look like the war ended within a few day when in actuality it was ten years...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I throw my two cents in because i think you have a misconception of an amazing actor. Brad Pitt is not only the sexiest male actor alive but he actually does have talent to boot. Brad Pitt i believe is also from another planet, I rarely see him in interviews or talk about anything. I've only ever seen him in movies, the guy was built to act in them. He has no other purpose on this earth. If you take the sheer versatility of his screen apearances, Snatch---12 Monkeys---Meet Joe Black---Fight Club----Troy----Se7en----Inglorious Basterds. Those are just a spectrum of his diversity of which i'm hard pressed to say any other actor can match other than Edward Norton.

So i say dont be a part of this mindless group of haters "Hes just in the film industry because of his abs!!!" BS. He's a robot for crying out loud.

Come on Killer drink the Pitt kool-aid....its a happy place
Lol...Drinking Pitts "Kool-Aid" sounds like nectar of the gods the way you put it...

I'm not hating on him because of his abs really, I just think that he can't carry a movie on his own...There is nearly ALWAYS another big name star with him to help him...Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman, and Ed Norton...All have more talent...Frankly, I was in a stage rendition of Fight Club, and I think it turned out better than the movie (Which is still really good) because we kept it closer to the book...More psychological...

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Lol...Drinking Pitts "Kool-Aid" sounds like nectar of the gods the way you put it...

I'm not hating on him because of his abs really, I just think that he can't carry a movie on his own...There is nearly ALWAYS another big name star with him to help him...Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman, and Ed Norton...All have more talent...Frankly, I was in a stage rendition of Fight Club, and I think it turned out better than the movie (Which is still really good) because we kept it closer to the book...More psychological...
Eh i dont really see it that way. I dont really think you have to 'carry a movie' on your back to be a good actor. The movie is a project involving many facets and other actors. I think he carried Benjamin Button very well but i also think he has a certain style. A style that bleeds over onto other actors with natural talent. Thats why i think fight club was so good was because of his ability to adapt to and build chemistry well with the other actors. (Aside from the fact that fight club would have still been amazing if Vince Vaugn and Paul Walker co-stared with Michael Bay directing it.) The story is too sound to suck.

In the end i dont think he's a talentless hack who gets around on his looks. His looks just tend to be in your face all the time.

You were in a stage rendition of fight club that turned out better than the movie? ...thats a pretty bold statement :p Do you have a vid?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
As soon as my nieces are a bit older I plan to introduce them to the great animated and live action classics as much as possible. :)
Me and my girlfriend made a promise to ourselves that if we ever have kids, we are going to keep them away from the god awful games and movies they make today and let them grow up playing and watching the classic games, movies and TV Series :) I dont want my children to grow up on these horrible modern series :( I never saw the classic TMNT but I can tell Bay is gonna **** it up :mad: Anderson does a no good job at his movies but he aint all bad, Mortal Kombat was pretty good :)

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Me and my girlfriend made a promise to ourselves that if we ever have kids, we are going to keep them away from the god awful games and movies they make today and let them grow up playing and watching the classic games, movies and TV Series :) I dont want my children to grow up on these horrible modern series :( I never saw the classic TMNT but I can tell Bay is gonna **** it up :mad: Anderson does a no good job at his movies but he aint all bad, Mortal Kombat was pretty good :)
Thats a good plan but you have to have a standard of "bad" before you can appreciate the good. I dont disagree with letting see all the good stuff first, but when they learn to make their own decisions and know right from wrong show them the other flicks....however you cant keep them from liking the bad stuff, thats just a chance you'll have to take lol. Oh theology :p

Mortal Kombat was horrible....lol. But still one of my favorite movies :D

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
When my son is old enough, my finace and I are going to show him all the older games and classics so he knows a good game/classic show when he sees it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Eh i dont really see it that way. I dont really think you have to 'carry a movie' on your back to be a good actor. The movie is a project involving many facets and other actors. I think he carried Benjamin Button very well but i also think he has a certain style. A style that bleeds over onto other actors with natural talent. Thats why i think fight club was so good was because of his ability to adapt to and build chemistry well with the other actors. (Aside from the fact that fight club would have still been amazing if Vince Vaugn and Paul Walker co-stared with Michael Bay directing it.) The story is too sound to suck.

In the end i dont think he's a talentless hack who gets around on his looks. His looks just tend to be in your face all the time.

You were in a stage rendition of fight club that turned out better than the movie? ...thats a pretty bold statement :p Do you have a vid?
Ha...I wish we had a vid...But since it was for a competition we didn't have to pay copyrights so long as it was only shown in that private setting and couldn't be filmed or recorded...Wanna know what ****ed me off...We cam in third place because it was too "unrated"...It's FIGHT CLUB! It's not just about the violence, but the drama...And the violence and sleazy wording and psychological aspect works SO WELL together...And...Honestly, it probably wasn't better than the movie, I just prefered it cause it was closer to the novel...Though, I'll give the movie props for not deviating far from the novel like other movie *cough Lightening Thief cough*

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Ha...I wish we had a vid...But since it was for a competition we didn't have to pay copyrights so long as it was only shown in that private setting and couldn't be filmed or recorded...Wanna know what ****ed me off...We cam in third place because it was too "unrated"...It's FIGHT CLUB! It's not just about the violence, but the drama...And the violence and sleazy wording and psychological aspect works SO WELL together...And...Honestly, it probably wasn't better than the movie, I just prefered it cause it was closer to the novel...Though, I'll give the movie props for not deviating far from the novel like other movie *cough Lightening Thief cough*
Everything in that movie is the 'art' behind the novel. Generation X. It was a documentation of our complete apathy and indifference to social expectations and norms. Its all in there for a reason. I hate that they said it was too unrated. I bet they would give George Carlin 3rd place because he said 'f^ck' too much.

Well in any case i hope i've convinced you not to hate Pitt as much. If he asked you to have some tea i would hope you would atleast pull up a chair. (not beat him with it :p)

As for the topic: I chose they both should stop directing movies. Micheal Bay likes to forcefeed emotions like the audience is 5 years old and doesnt know how to react to narrative. He also blows too much sh&t up...just relax a little....put the napalm down for a second. Paul Anderson should play Resident Evil....he might like it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Everything in that movie is the 'art' behind the novel. Generation X. It was a documentation of our complete apathy and indifference to social expectations and norms. Its all in there for a reason. I hate that they said it was too unrated. I bet they would give George Carlin 3rd place because he said 'f^ck' too much.

Well in any case i hope i've convinced you not to hate Pitt as much. If he asked you to have some tea i would hope you would atleast pull up a chair. (not beat him with it :p)
Hate was a bit of a strong word, I'll admit...I would definitely have tea with him, and even openly chat with him about acting and so forth...His opinions, views, and even tips I would take to heart...I actually went to the same high school as Brad Pitt...Idk why I forgot to mention this...I think my most accurate feelings for Brad Pitt are "I can take him or leave him"...Not "hate" him...If I had to make a top five list of actors...No necessarily in this order it would be:
1. Harrison Ford
2. Johnny Depp
3. Christian Bale
4. Will Smith
5. Brendan Fraser (Spot five is hard to pick, and I'm not sure if Brendan Fraser would be my first choice or not, but for now we will stick with him. A close second would, believe it or not, be Jack Black...His acting talent is incredible, we just never see his true potential in most of his movies BECAUSE of the type of movie...He's also a very talented musician and highly intelligent...Of course, when both your parents are rocket scientists you're pretty much guaranteed to be intelligent...

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Hate was a bit of a strong word, I'll admit...I would definitely have tea with him, and even openly chat with him about acting and so forth...His opinions, views, and even tips I would take to heart...I actually went to the same high school as Brad Pitt...Idk why I forgot to mention this...I think my most accurate feelings for Brad Pitt are "I can take him or leave him"...Not "hate" him...If I had to make a top five list of actors...No necessarily in this order it would be:
1. Harrison Ford
2. Johnny Depp
3. Christian Bale
4. Will Smith
5. Brendan Fraser (Spot five is hard to pick, and I'm not sure if Brendan Fraser would be my first choice or not, but for now we will stick with him. A close second would, believe it or not, be Jack Black...His acting talent is incredible, we just never see his true potential in most of his movies BECAUSE of the type of movie...He's also a very talented musician and highly intelligent...Of course, when both your parents are rocket scientists you're pretty much guaranteed to be intelligent...

I actually agree with that list.... not my top five but definitely top ten its really tough because there are too many extremly great actors out there that have their own assests and contributions to the acting scene.

In no particular order i'd have to put down

Brad Pitt
Edward Norton
Anthony Hopkins
Harrison Ford
Jim Carrey
Matt Damon (yea hes on the list)
Tim Robbins
Will Smith
Christain Bale
Giovanni Ribisi
George Clooney
Johnny Depp
Robert Downey Jr.
Woody Harrelson
Kevin Spacey
Norman Reedus (recently got added to the list)
Morgan Freeman
Jason Lee

I would kinda classify those as the elites, and i'm sure i'm forgetting someone

Jack Black isnt bad as an actor, i would put him below Will Ferral on the list. Stranger Than Fiction and Be Kind Rewind were two extremely good movies that i think kinda broadened their acting careers.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I actually agree with that list.... not my top five but definitely top ten its really tough because there are too many extremly great actors out there that have their own assests and contributions to the acting scene.

In no particular order i'd have to put down

Brad Pitt
Edward Norton
Anthony Hopkins
Harrison Ford
Jim Carrey
Matt Damon (yea hes on the list)
Tim Robbins
Will Smith
Christain Bale
Giovanni Ribisi
George Clooney
Johnny Depp
Robert Downey Jr.
Woody Harrelson
Kevin Spacey
Norman Reedus (recently got added to the list)
Morgan Freeman
Jason Lee

I would kinda classify those as the elites, and i'm sure i'm forgetting someone

Jack Black isnt bad as an actor, i would put him below Will Ferral on the list. Stranger Than Fiction and Be Kind Rewind were two extremely good movies that i think kinda broadened their acting careers.
I definitely agree with several of these...Ed Norton, Woody Herrelson, and Matt Damon...I actually haven't ever heard anyone say he's a bad actor...Jim Carrey was a surprise...I definitely agree, just didn't realize many others besides me noticed he had acting talent, and not just a funny guy...I was surprised about Giovanni Ribisi...I've never heard of someone besides me and my mom who's heard of him...

Seriously man, I grew up with the turtles..I'm obsessed to this day...And this is just a serious outrage...The word mutant is in the name for a reason...And I'll make sure that when I have kids they grow up on the old school cartoon and live action movies...The way it SHOULD be!
That's exactly what I'm doing with my nephew and Kai. I have him watch the original English version of DBZ because Kai is not nearly as epic. He's only 11 but even he notices the difference. Though I don't mind him watching Kai because I want him to have a right to choose, but I also want to let him know that, that crap is only half of the anime.

As for the producers, Paul Anderson is an incredible producer and the Resident Evil movies are better than the games, this is comming from a classic fan mind you. Alice is a far stronger more developed heroine than Jill and Nemesis is more suited for emotions than the brute we have in RE3. I can't wait for Leo- Pfft! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! I could not keep a strait face typing that. Take every RE film and burn it and then shoot the ashes into the sun to makesure they can't be salvaged. Anyone caught with a RE film will face life in prison without the possibility of parol.

Someone said it earlier that the Transformer fanbase is probably bigger than Resident Evil's so the trophy most likely goes to Bay. But amoung the Resident Evil fanbase it might be Anderson. Although the first MK movie was acceptable.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I definitely agree with several of these...Ed Norton, Woody Herrelson, and Matt Damon...I actually haven't ever heard anyone say he's a bad actor...Jim Carrey was a surprise...I definitely agree, just didn't realize many others besides me noticed he had acting talent, and not just a funny guy...I was surprised about Giovanni Ribisi...I've never heard of someone besides me and my mom who's heard of him...
Jim Carrey breathes talent and i loved giovanni ever since Boiler Room. I consider that list the 1st tier of actors lol (i feel like i'm still missing a couple people though)

That's exactly what I'm doing with my nephew and Kai. I have him watch the original English version of DBZ because Kai is not nearly as epic. He's only 11 but even he notices the difference. Though I don't mind him watching Kai because I want him to have a right to choose, but I also want to let him know that, that crap is only half of the anime.

Thats the only way to do it :D. Just when it gets to Namek bring lots of popcorn.
As for the producers, Paul Anderson is an incredible producer and the Resident Evil movies are better than the games, this is comming from a classic fan mind you. Alice is a far stronger more developed heroine than Jill and Nemesis is more suited for emotions than the brute we have in RE3. I can't wait for Leo- Pfft! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! I could not keep a strait face typing that. Take every RE film and burn it and then shoot the ashes into the sun to makesure they can't be salvaged. Anyone caught with a RE film will face life in prison without the possibility of parol.

At first i was going to put your post in a blender and liquify it, pour water in it set it outside and put a pound of sodium on it. then i continued reading :p

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
At first i was going to put your post in a blender and liquify it, pour water in it set it outside and put a pound of sodium on it. then i continued reading :p
We had someone here, can't quite remember who it was, that said the movies were basically like high-art compared to the games. And he wasn't kidding. I couldn't respond because I was head-desking so f-in hard.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
So if movies are considerd high art that makes games higher art

Games are an interactive movie it tells a story but you get mote attached to a character in a game then in a movie youve heard there story for longer then a movie they mean more to gamers than others
gamesare higher then movies they express our imaginations

Wr become that person we see their life and we know most movies cant come close to the art a good game can bring to the audience

Thats the only way to do it :D. Just when it gets to Namek bring lots of popcorn.
5 minutes untill this planet explodes! Yeaaaaaah, about that. XD

I wanted to cry just writing it. Lol.

Top Bottom