• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Which Character/s shouldn't be in Re7?

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
@Airaku & @Cross Haha your comments about ME made my day! You know a few months ago on gamefaqs people started randomly some comments about ME on a RE6 board xD They were pointing out the similarities between ME and RE like Commander Shepard is a lot like Chris Redfield, Ashley Williams is like Jill Valentine and so on... It was just to fun. So got yourselves a lot of likes from me ;) Anyway If you wanna talk ME I've created a ME thread :D
http://residentevil.org/threads/the-mass-effect-andromeda-thread.9117/

@The Fabled Four And I'll probably never get my Claire&Jill team up in a RE game:(

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Valentine91 I don't mean to be rude but whoever compared Chris to Shepard is an idiot.... there isn't a single similarity. Also Jill isn't a raciest bitch either -_- I don't get where they draw the line.

That being said. As I stated before. Mass Effect 2 was heavily influenced by RE4. The developers played the game multiple times to study the game and it's mechanics for the over the back moments. Many people compare it to Gears of War. Which wouldn't be inaccurate, but like Gears of War, it was influenced from RE4.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I just want an Ada and Hunk co-op of them in any place at any time in Resident Evil history !!! That game would be amazing!!! Pure bad assery of Hunk and Ada doing spy type missions!! Any fan would throw their wallets at Capcom for this team up even If it was a spin off!

I am a Jill Sandwich

No Chris, I like him but he has been featured to much recently.
Also same thing with Leon.

BUT PLEASE we need a single player game with only two main characters
IMO Jill, and Barry would be awesome.

Last edited:

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Leon is my favourite character, but I agree with a lot of people that he, much like Chris, is being overused. My personal choice? Either Rebecca and Sherry, or Rebecca and Jill. 2 characters that I think have been massively underused and underappreciated by Capcom.
I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Carlos return either. I've wondered what happened to him after RE3.

Reactions: Hel

black 93

Il be happy as long as it isn't Leon or Chris. Great characters but ever since RE4 they've basically just alternated between them. 4- Leon, 5- Chris, 6- both. Leons about to star in his 3rd CGI film and iv heard Chris is going to be in it as well. Ada's been overused quite a lot since RE4 as well. Ideally, id like a Jill game. Jill played 2nd fiddle to Chris in 5 and it's dlc, and hasnt had any exposure since then. Barry and Claire have come back, Rebecca's making an appereance, only fair for Jill to be next.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, Jill was the main character of Revelations 1, but yeah. That was ten years ago in the timeline. Give us Jill back already! I think everyone wants some Jill sandwich at this point.

Unknown

RE1 - Chris/Jill
RE2 - Leon/Claire
RE3 - Jill
CVX - Claire/Chris
RE4 - Leon
REUC - Chris/Jill
RE5 - Chris
DEG - Leon/Claire
REDC - Leon
REV - Jill/Chris
DAM - Leon/Ada
RE6 - Leon/Chris/Ada
MHWA - Chris
REV2 - Claire
HEAV - Claire
STAGE - Chris/Rebecca
VEN - Leon/Chris/Rebecca

Hmm... Yep, Jill's turn.

But the fanboy in me wants Jill and Chris in a CGI movie together.

Last edited:

JHJ

Capcom need to show Rebecca some love. In the games (the few she's been in), outside of Zero, she's been woefully underused. She's a much more interesting character than the games have shown her to be.
The S.D. Perry novels do a fantastic job of fleshing her out, so much so she's lead character in 2 of them. Zero Hour and Caliban Cove show that she's not just a damsel in distress, she's also smart and a lot braver than the games would lead you to believe.
She's the only hero character that can grasp the science behind the numerous viruses and mutations, and if Capcom put her in the main character spot, they could use that as the basis for some clever puzzles for players to wrap their heads around.

meg5493

Give me something with Carlos or someone from the outbreak files. Give me a character we haven't seen for a while and add something new to their character instead of wasting potential.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Maybe a CG movie based on RE1? Whether based on the Umbrella Conspiracy book or George A. Romero's treatment, I'd dig it.

I'd personally prefer an RE 1 movie to be based on Umbrella Conspiracy over Romero's script. I think Perry did a really good job at staying fairly true to the games, while still adding in some new stuff that was interesting.

Reactions: JHJ

JHJ

I'd personally prefer an RE 1 movie to be based on Umbrella Conspiracy over Romero's script. I think Perry did a really good job at staying fairly true to the games, while still adding in some new stuff that was interesting.
The lady speaks true. That way they could not only introduce the mysterious Trent into the mix, they can flesh both the characters and the story out further.

ADRENAL LOOSE

Tattooed Machanic with a Gamer Side
I have a strange feeling there's going to be more new the old characters in RE7, you watch Piers might be the new villain lol

Lithium

I must admit I don't really get why people don't want certain characters in a game. Maybe it's just me. I'm one of those persons who feel comfortable with a certain "recognition value" - like recurring characters. Things like that make it easier for me to immerse into a game. That, and continuing the story of the "main characters" of the series.
And I don't get why some people say "character xy is my favorite but I don't want him/her in the next game" - sounds more like an excuse to me.

So yeah, what I don't want for RE7 is to introduce new playable characters - there are already so many ;)

Top Bottom