• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Which Character/s shouldn't be in Re7?

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
For me it is as clear as day .....

NO CHRIS REDFIELD!!! xP
chris_redfield__2_by_stalkersdxx-d5dxtew.jpg

JUST NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO and NO!!!!!!
He's been in two games in a row (technically three if you include Revelations)
I've seen enough of him to last a lifetime. I hate the way Capcom tries to make him the one and only true main character of RE. He's not, RE games have several protagonists and not just one.
If he's the main star in 7, I can assure you that RE7 will turn into another Gears of War meets Call Duty shooter-fest with some wannabe zombies like RE6.

What do you guys think? Who should stay out of RE7?

P.S. I want to see him back under one condition... Make sure he has a character development. And make him interesting again ;)

Last edited:

Fenris

Wolf :)
-Chris (as you said, he is kinda overused by now)
-Leon (Too soon)
-Albert Wesker (his story is done. Capcom should use Alex/Natahlia and focus on making her an awesome villain)
-Jake (RE6 ending teased it... However I'm not a Fan of Jake and I don't want him to appear again)
-New random characters (I want some more recurring characters like Rebecca or Carlos).

N7Valentine

-Chris (as you said, he is kinda overused by now)
-Leon (Too soon)
-Albert Wesker (his story is done. Capcom should use Alex/Natahlia and focus on making her an awesome villain)
-Jake (RE6 ending teased it... However I'm not a Fan of Jake and I don't want him to appear again)
-New random characters (I want some more recurring characters like Rebecca or Carlos).
1.Yep he is, plus the fact that I hate his character ever since RE5. He's so boring *yawns*
2.Although Leon's my favorite, I agree. It's too soon
3.Rising Albert from the dead would be sh*tty storywriting and a terrible choice.
4.I liked Jake, but he was overpowered, imo. We need a weaker character
5.I'd love to see Carlos and Rebecca again. Wonder what they've been up to all those years. And yeah no new random characters, e.g. like Piers in RE6

Leons-sexy-hair

I need brain - two chains the zombie
No Chris
No Leon
No wesker
All the others are more interchangeable even Ada because she hasn't been focused on too much. We no nothing about her. I'd like to see a game just for her or Claire.
Also I think it's time to use the youth before they get old. I want to see Sherry work with jake and claire, also maybe jill because she hasn't been in a main game in a while as the lead.
Maybe put the rookie Moira in it. I like her spunk

N7Valentine

No Chris
No Leon
No wesker
All the others are more interchangeable even Ada because she hasn't been focused on too much. We no nothing about her. I'd like to see a game just for her or Claire.
Also I think it's time to use the youth before they get old. I want to see Sherry work with jake and claire, also maybe jill because she hasn't been in a main game in a while as the lead.
Maybe put the rookie Moira in it. I like her spunk

Chris: I can't stand him anyways, so I won't shed a tear if he's not in RE7. He had no character development at all. His story was pretty pointless in RE6, don't know why they brought him back in the first place.

Leon: My favorite, but he needs a break.

Wesker: You mean Albert? If so then yes, he's dead and should stay that way.

Ada will always remain a mystery. We'll never know what she's up to. That's just her thing.

Claire would be ok, but she's the main protagonist in RE:R2 already.

I like Sherry&Jake a lot, but I think they need a break, otherwise they'll end up being boring like Chris, if they use them too much.

HELL YES to Jill. She's been absent for way too long. I want some closure on her story after the Kijuju Incident. I'm always happy to see her as main character, but It seems like Capcom doesn't like her that much ;_;.

And HELL YES to Moira. We need more human and not overpowered characters like her.

Last edited:

Leons-sexy-hair

Chris: I can't stand him anyways, so I won't shed a tear if he's not in RE7. He had no character development at all. His story was pretty pointless in RE6, don't know why them brought him back in the first place.

Leon: My favorite, but he needs a break.

Wesker: You mean Albert? If so then yes, he's dead and should stay that way.

Ada will always remain a mystery. We'll never know what she's up to. That's just her thing.

Claire would be ok, but she's the main protagonist in RE:R2 already.

I like Sherry&Jake a lot, but I think they need a break, otherwise they'll end up being boring like Chris, if they use them too much.

HELL YES to Jill. She's been absent for way too long. I want some closure on her story after the Kijuju Incident. I'm always happy to see her as main character, but It seems like Capcom doesn't like her that much ;_;.

And HELL YES to Moira. We need more human and not overpowered characters like her.
Yes I would love to see Jill come back as the main protagonist. Though, I feel like they always tie her in with Chris. I don't want that to happen, she will not be a side bae lol Also if Moira does come back she might have to be put with Claire again at Terrasave to make more sense. I can't see moira with Jill. sherry should come back, if they wait any longer she will be in her mid thirties.

N7Valentine

Yes I would love to see Jill come back as the main protagonist. Though, I feel like they always tie her in with Chris. I don't want that to happen, she will not be a side bae lol Also if Moira does come back she might have to be put with Claire again at Terrasave to make more sense. I can't see moira with Jill. sherry should come back, if they wait any longer she will be in her mid thirties.
I really hope Chris won't appear, otherwise it'll result with him taking the spotlight. Jill needs to be alone this time. I mean she single-handedly defeated Nemesis, so no roided guy is required.
Well Moira & Claire makes sense, but Moira could be alone as well.
About Sherry, well even in her thirties she could still kick some a**es. Jill does the same

MxValentine

Although I really like Chris I think he's been the star of enough games. I wouldn't mind him being in RE 7, but not as a playable character since he's been playable in 3 main RE games (even 2 in a row). As long as he'll be a side character I'm okay with that. Aside from Chris I don't wish to see Wesker again. I hope he's done once and for all and Capcom won't come up with the idea of Wesker surviving or whatever..

Leons-sexy-hair

I really hope Chris won't appear, otherwise it'll result with him taking the spotlight. Jill needs to be alone this time. I mean she single-handedly defeated Nemesis, so no roided guy is required.
Well Moira & Claire makes sense, but Moira could be alone as well.
About Sherry, well even in her thirties she could still kick some a**es. Jill does the same
True and now that I think of it, it would be cute to see how Barry and Jill would work with Moira. They would team up on Her and use sandwich puns to get on her nerves lol I'd like to see them work together.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
I'm thinking: Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliveira. I would really like to know what the hell happened to that guy.

OR

A game about Ada would be fantastic as well. I want to know just a little bit more about her, but not so much that it completely deflates her character in future games.

N7Valentine

I'm thinking: Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliveira. I would really like to know what the hell happened to that guy.

OR

A game about Ada would be fantastic as well. I want to know just a little bit more about her, but not so much that it completely deflates her character in future games.
Hell yeah!! I wanna know what happened to Carlos as well. He was an awesome character. And Jill FTW. I'm always happy the see Jill.

As for Ada. She usually appears along with Leon in games. So far we don't even know who will be the main protagonist in RE7. Heck, we don't even know anything about RE7 at all.

Last edited:

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
Yes!!! I love Jill lots!!! I kinda wish Nemesis had never died in RC, it would be really cool to see nemmy again too! And I love your signature btw haha. And as for characters who shouldn't be in the game: No Chris. No Leon either. I love both of the characters, but we need more focus on Claire, Ada, and/or Sherry.

Last edited:

Denzil22

Premium
For me it is as clear as day .....

NO CHRIS REDFIELD!!! xP
chris_redfield__2_by_stalkersdxx-d5dxtew.jpg

JUST NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO and NO!!!!!!
He's been in two games in a row (technically three if you include Revelations)
I've seen enough of him to last a lifetime.
If he'll be a protagonist again, I can assure you that RE7 will turn into another Gears of War meets Call Duty shooter-fest with some wannabe zombies like RE6.

What do you guys think? Who should stay out of RE7?

P.S. F*ck Chris Redfield, just wanted to say that one....
I don't think having Chris means it would be nothing but action remember the first time we saw him was a true horror game but yes he as been in to many games in recent years we could do with giving some of the others a chance

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I say no Chris (WAY to overused)
No Albert Wesker (more focus on Alex/Natalia please)
No Claire (just stared in a game)
No Barry (same as above)

The rest I'm cool with, even Leon since I still want to see a Jill and Leon teamup in the future, for these 2 popular characters to never have stared in a game together just kinda rubs me the wrong way for some reason, I feel it needs to happen.

Also I want Jake back solely because he could have some form of storyline with Alex/Natalia since he is Albert's son and has the virus immunity his father did.

Also would like Rebecca or Billy to return in some way, for years I have been wondering what they have been up to and none of the Resident Evil games of late have alluded to what happened to them after their respective games.

Top Bottom