• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Which Character/s shouldn't be in Re7?

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Since it states in Revelations 2 there are 11 founding members of the BSAA I would really hope Rebecca is one of them. If not, I'll be highly disappointed!
Trust me, even I wanna see her back ;) We haven't heard anything from her and that really bothers me :S How can Capcom simply ignore her?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Trust me, even I wanna see her back ;) We haven't heard anything from her and that really bothers me :S How can Capcom simply ignore her?

I have no idea. She's not even a side character- she starred in her own game, but people have long forgotten about Zero. My guess is if they really are remastering zero it's for a reason. Hopefully that reason is because we'll be seeing her very soon. She's long due for a return!

N7Valentine

I have no idea. She's not even a side character- she starred in her own game, but people have long forgotten about Zero. My guess is if they really are remastering zero it's for a reason. Hopefully that reason is because we'll be seeing her very soon. She's long due for a return!
She was also a S.T.A.R.S member ;) I just wanna know what happened to her after all those years. She needs to return!!

N7Valentine

OK, gonna repeat myself here.

CHARACTERS I DON'T WANNA SEE IN RE7
-CHRIS ROIDFIELD.... I mean REDFIELD
-LEON S. KENNEDY
-ALBERT WESKER
-JAKE MULLER

CHARACTERS I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IN RE7
-JILL "MOTHAF*CKIN'" VALENTINE
-REBECCA CHAMBERS
-CLAIRE REDFIELD
-CARLOS OLIVIERA
-BILLY COEN

About the rest I'm rather indifferent

Last edited:

wanderer

battle master
OK, gonna repeat myself here.

-JAKE MULLER/WESKER

:\
Jake's surname is Muller, there is no /wesker.

wesker is a codename for the experimental subjects if i remember correctly. and since Albert wasn't around to raise Jake i would think Jake would rather stick with his mother's surname than wesker, if he was given the option now.

N7Valentine

:\
Jake's surname is Muller, there is no /wesker.

wesker is a codename for the experimental subjects if i remember correctly. and since Albert wasn't around to raise Jake i would think Jake would rather stick with his mother's surname than wesker, if he was given the option now.
Ok thanks for the info, gonna change it then ;)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Regarding the whole thing about how the series never really goes anywhere, I don't think the solution is to give the series a break, because that would just make the problems lie dormant rather than solve them. What they should do instead is make a really good game that blows us out of the water with its gameplay AND story. Make us truly care about the characters. Give them strengths and weaknesses. Allow them to shine brightest when they are at their weakest. Give us a reason to say to ourselves "don't you dare even think about killing that person off" because you've made us care so much about them, rather than having people begging to kill off a certain character because they are too old and have had enough time in the spotlight (you know who you are). Do what no RE has ever done and unify the fan base with the idea that this character is worth preserving, because we actually want to watch this person grow and learn and make mistakes.
^that speech kind of made it sound like I wanted a new character, but you could do that with the old ones too

I think it's clear that CAPCOM is having a bit of an identity crisis with the series and that's mainly because they want to put things out that will continue to sell... hence RE5 and RE6... Don't get me wrong I LOVE playing through RE5, especially the bonus material (I've killed so many hours on that game). They have just really slacked off with the series' story to the point where we are receiving a lot of half-assed products though. When I find that I'm continuously thinking that they should have done "this instead of this" I think that's a problem. Apparently pushing out three games at once isn't helping them, which is why I say that they need to take their time and focus on one game at a time.

Maybe it's not fair for me to do this but I do compare CAPCOM to companies like Naughty Dog. CAPCOM has an old series here that has kicked off the survival horror genre, so they should handle it with more care. I respect a company like Naughty Dog because they are more concerned about the quality rather than the quantity of games that they put out. They claim they won't put out a sequel to The Last of Us if they don't have a strong story, and that's a pretty bold thing to decide with how well acclaimed the first game was (and rightfully so if I may add).

That all being said I know I would really love to hear that Claire is in the next installment (with at least an appearance from Chris- I'm am a bit bias because I love the Redfields), they can even have Sherry join her side again (and maybe Jake since those two are probably going to go hand in hand now). Rebecca and Jill would also be cool to see as well. I do think that the RE boys need to take a back seat and let the ladies have some fun again though.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

I've seen some people requesting his return, but I don't really want him back!!! NOT HIM!!!

NO PIERS NIVANS!!!
115418-large.jpeg

JUST NO!!!
Dead people should stay dead!!

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I've seen some people requesting his return, but I don't really want him back!!! NOT HIM!!!

NO PIERS NIVANS!!!
115418-large.jpeg

JUST NO!!!
Dead people should stay dead!!
Umm, I'm not exactly sure what happened between you two, but I agree completely. Bringing Piers back would be a cheap gimmick and it would completely cheapen his sacrifice. Let's not forget, had Piers gotten in the pod with Chris they both would have been killed by HAOS, so his sacrifice truly meant something, and it should stay that way.

N7Valentine

Umm, I'm not exactly sure what happened between you two, but I agree completely. Bringing Piers back would be a cheap gimmick and it would completely cheapen his sacrifice. Let's not forget, had Piers gotten in the pod with Chris they both would have been killed by HAOS, so his sacrifice truly meant something, and it should stay that way.
Oh don't get the wrong idea. I actually liked Piers, but I don't want to bring him back, just because the fans demand it. I just don't want his sacrifice to be in vain. I want to remember him as the good soldier that he was :(
He's the second person who sacrificed himself to save Chris' ass, the first one was Jill but "thankfully" she was "saved" by Wesker. Piers didn't have that luck unfortunately...

N7Valentine

All I want is just single player gameplay
I agree with you on that one, but it probably won't happen as RE games are extremely popular and you know that means it has to be mainstream like CoD and other sh*t as it's all about the ca$h. Just look at RE6.

But I still play RE games because of its characters, I care about them.

Many people nowadays love co-op way too much. I personally despise it in horror games as it breaks the immersion
of fear and isolation, but hey maybe we got luck, because I noticed that there is a trend to go back to true horror in the gaming industry.

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
characters I don't want in 7:
-none
ehh I changed my mind, hope Ada Wong won't be in 7 because I don't like her, I mean like she's so full of herself and she needs to be humbled.

but it probably won't happen as RE games are extremely popular
I been kinda wondering just how popular RE actually is in gaming world? compared to other major/big franchises like GTA, COD, Assassin's Creed, Fallout etc.

Last edited:

black 93

For the heroes: Either jill or rebecca. Jill hasnt had her own game since 3 and rebecca hasnt been seen or referred to since zero. Was a very stupid move on capcoms part to leave jill out of RE6, especially after what went down with her in 5. As much as i love them, no chris or leon. People say chris is overused, but leons not far behind. Chris only started appearing everywhere at RE5. Before 5 he'd only been in RE1 and half of code veronica. Leon was in 2,4,6 and two movies that are actually canonical with the games. I just pray to god capcom give attention to their beloved charracters and not create pointless new ones (sheva, helena, jake,piers) funnily enough piers was the only new character in 6 that i could really see having a future in RE and capcom ****ing killed him lol

For the villains: Well there isnt much choice here since umbrellas dead, alberts dead and spencers dead so unless capcom can create a really good new villain withiut turning them into a simmons, its Gotta be alex. I know she 'died' at the end of revelations 2 butvif shes anything like her brother im sure ahe'll be back if capcom need her. Capcom have the potential to make her just as great as albert. Plus they need to explain her connection to natalia at the end of revelations 2.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
ok its like this! no leon no wesker chris jill ada no jake no and no? bring us hunk luis carlos u.s.s unit jack krauser sheva piers and old heros back ;) thats better!

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I can understand if she was to retire from S.T.A.R.S and wanted to live a normal life, then yes I don't see a reason for bringing her back. Since she was so young at the time and the job she was doing seemed dangerous for her and she made a decision to give up and continue with her life.

ok its like this! no leon no wesker chris jill ada no jake no and no? bring us hunk luis carlos u.s.s unit jack krauser sheva piers and old heros back ;) thats better!
But Piers and Jack are dead

Mod edit: Double-posts merged. R

Last edited by a moderator:

Luchance

Honestly I wouldn't mind having Chris or Leon back for RE7 but them not being the main characters you play as this time. I think it would be cool if you mainly played as teenagers or young adults similair to Resident Evil Code Veronica since I believe Steve Burnside was 17 in that and Claire was 19, but this time actually have their youth be the focal point cause also at that age their more vunerable and unexperienced with Bioweapons.

If they were to bring back some characters that have been underutilized, I would like them to bring back Billy Coen, Carlos Rivera or Rebecca Chambers back. These characters have really been shafted in the series.

But you HAVE to count revelations since its a canon game and part of the over all storyline.

So COUNTING Revelations she has stared in a game more recently.
Yeah but isn't the Revelations series sort of seperate from the main games even though they are cannon, because at least Revelations 1 was never mentioned about, referenced or really had any bearing on the storyline of RE6.

Mod edit: Triple-posts merged. R

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom