• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which character is more than likely gay?

Which RE character do you think would most likely be gay/bi?

• Wesker

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Chris

Votes: 27 32.9%
  • Jill

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Rebecca

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Claire

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Sherry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Billy

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Carlos

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Leon

Votes: 15 18.3%

• Total voters

Fenris

Wolf :)
You don't have to delete your post, Fenris. I don't know if you can re-instate it or not, but feel free to.

I posted something very private along with my post xD I had two different texts, my actual post and a very private message for a friend, and by mistake I posted both things^^

When it comes to Wesker, I think there are a lot of things to speculate about. I personally always thought that Wesker was raised as asexual from the beginning and became the way he is now. During the Wesker Children experiments, he was probably brainwashed to only focus on becoming a genius and his work. Like other people pointed out, he never really showed any sexual interests, probably because he never had a chance to develop those things during his youth. It's no secret that cults do the same thing to their members and now imagine if a genius like Spencer kidnaps you and rears you like this from the beginning.

Leon being gay would be kinda too obvious in my opinion xD It isn't the 90's anymore, where all the cliches turn out to be true. Even though they do sometimes, media just doesn't portray them like this anymore because it's too obvious most of the time.

Not sure about Chris. Everytime we get to know a little bit more about his sexuality it either gets deleted or becomes non-canon. During the games he only cares about the mission, that makes it hard to analyse him.

Don't know why though but ever since both Revelations games, I get some "lesbian vibes" from Jill and Claire. (.... And I have to admit sometimes I shipp them xD). Only in Revelations though and I don't know why xD I guess I'll have to see how this works out.

umbra aeterna

I posted something very private along with my post xD I had two different texts, my actual post and a very private message for a friend, and by mistake I posted both things^^

When it comes to Wesker, I think there are a lot of things to speculate about. I personally always thought that Wesker was raised as asexual from the beginning and became the way he is now. During the Wesker Children experiments, he was probably brainwashed to only focus on becoming a genius and his work. Like other people pointed out, he never really showed any sexual interests, probably because he never had a chance to develop those things during his youth. It's no secret that cults do the same thing to their members and now imagine if a genius like Spencer kidnaps you and rears you like this from the beginning.

Leon being gay would be kinda too obvious in my opinion xD It isn't the 90's anymore, where all the cliches turn out to be true. Even though they do sometimes, media just doesn't portray them like this anymore because it's too obvious most of the time.

Not sure about Chris. Everytime we get to know a little bit more about his sexuality it either gets deleted or becomes non-canon. During the games he only cares about the mission, that makes it hard to analyse him.

Don't know why though but ever since both Revelations games, I get some "lesbian vibes" from Jill and Claire. (.... And I have to admit sometimes I shipp them xD). Only in Revelations though and I don't know why xD I guess I'll have to see how this works out.

Really, I always that Claire was suspect...chris not until around re5. As for Wesker, I am inclined to not think he is aesexual, but extremely repressed. Hell, he probably hates masturbating,thinking its 'low and human and its a weakness '.So he would have had sex with jake's mother and others to experiment...maybe experimented with dudes too,really wouldn't put it past him.So either, he is so much of a great lay because he is a sociopath or like with excella, he might just lay there and let you please him...how would this work with another man though?

Either way, wesker and leon just can't be gay.

I still suspect chris and unless you pull out somethinv like carrying a torch for Rebecca.that would be awesome

Last edited:

Spencer Key

I thought this might be fun and made a poll, although I couldn't put every character in there, I used as many main characters as I could... This is just for fun and isn't meant to be taken as offensive in any way. So, which character do you think would more than likely... swing that way and why?

If I didn't list said character, just use their name in a post. ;)

I think this is more about the fan base, and that a good chuck of you ARE bisexual. You're projecting that bisexuality onto fictional characters, because maybe I don't know it gets you off talking about it, which is kind of weird. Not a single character is gay or lesbian unless CAPCOM states so... and the rest is just a fetish.

The franchise is sexless. Sexuality is irrelevant. Pleasure and business do not mix. I certainly hope to god you do not judge real life people the way you judge the Resident Evil characters, that if they do not prove they are explicitly straight, then they are gay and lesbian by default. Lol omg these conversations are dumb.

So the girl who rejects the high school jockey is a lesbian right?
The man who turns down the prostitute is a homosexual, huh?
The celibate, unmarried, virgin must be a dyke?
The dude who hugs his friend is a homo?
A girl helping another girl to put on make-up might be a bisexual?

Hahahahaha...

umbra aeterna

I think this is more about the fan base, and that a good chuck of you ARE bisexual. You're projecting that bisexuality onto fictional characters, because maybe I don't know it gets you off talking about it, which is kind of weird. Not a single character is gay or lesbian unless CAPCOM states so... and the rest is just a fetish.

The franchise is sexless. Sexuality is irrelevant. Pleasure and business do not mix. I certainly hope to god you do not judge real life people the way you judge the Resident Evil characters, that if they do not prove they are explicitly straight, then they are gay and lesbian by default. Lol omg these conversations are dumb.

So the girl who rejects the high school jockey is a lesbian right?
The man who turns down the prostitute is a homosexual, huh?
The celibate, unmarried, virgin must be a dyke?
The dude who hugs his friend is a homo?
A girl helping another girl to put on make-up might be a bisexual?

Hahahahaha...

Think you are taking it a bit seriously. I am bisexual, but I call straight for leon, gay for chris and bicurious for wesker for reeasons that have nothing to do with my own sexuality.you also can't assume a person is straight, ESPECIALLY in Japanese media (check out all the cannon and heavily impled lgbt folks in metal gear).

Also...nobody is straight unless capcom says so :)

Spencer Key

Oh dear. Looks like someone completely missed the point of this thread... or discussions in general.

Not at all. You think its "fun" to talk about because there is a fetish about unconventional sex, involving gays, lesbians, and bisexuals, which to me suggest it means something about the fan base. Straight people don't often enjoy the notion of gay and lesbian sex... of course!

Even Turo guy thinks its perverse. (I hope I spelt that name right.)

Do we have a bunch of closet gays and lesbians on here? Lol

But really, some of us want to have a proper, productive conversation and you make very hard if you only want to make a joke of everything. Does everything have to become a joke?

There is not a single scrap of evidence that either Chris or Wesker is gay or bisexual.

List every point and I will take the time (maybe later) to debunk them all... this should be a piece of cake.

Spencer Key

Think you are taking it a bit seriously. I am bisexual, but I call straight for leon, gay for chris and bicurious for wesker for reeasons that have nothing to do with my own sexuality.you also can't assume a person is straight, ESPECIALLY in Japanese media (check out all the cannon and heavily impled lgbt folks in metal gear).

Also...nobody is straight unless capcom says so :)

You see, now its getting stupid. Don't ignore the simple fact that heterosexuality is the norm by sheer statistics and numbers, both in the real world and in the fictional and gaming world like-wise. It is the deviant types who are emphasized to be known with their own identities. Yaoi, Slash, Gay Pride etc. "Straight" men and women ARE the default. It is what you expect, it is what you typically get. Just like in real life, the characters in fiction are straight unless stated otherwise.

You don't watch a television series and say to yourself: All the characters could equally and potentially be lesbians and gays. No, when a character is gay and lesbian they make it clear. Just like when a character is a psycho, they make it clear. You don't say to yourself: Everyone is a possible psycho, and unless they state they're normal, they could all be mental.

This is all twisted logic and it no longer makes sense. Just stop it.

If I follow your logic, then I can say none of the characters have had sex, unless they prove it. Everyone is a potential virgin because we aren't shown any of them having sex with each other. Poll vote: Which character is more than likely to be a virgin?

Like I said, you people have a fetish for gay and lesbian sex which is why you desperately want the characters to be gay and lesbian and bisexual. lol lol and lol

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Why do you care? If you think this discussion is stupid, there's a simple way to deal with it: Stay out of it. No one asked for your offensive psychological evaluation of the users who happen to enjoy this discussion, or any of your homophobic statements. If anyone is "lol lol and lol" here, it's you. Do us all a favour and crawl back under the medieval rock where you came from before you make an even bigger fool of yourself, and to quote you, "I certainly hope to god you do not judge real life people the way you judge the people in this forum".

Yes, mods and admins, I'm totally aware of how close I am to crossing the line, but I'm so sick and tired of people who keep coming here for no other reason than to ruin everyone's fun.

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Not at all. You think its "fun" to talk about because there is a fetish about unconventional sex, involving gays, lesbians, and bisexuals, which to me suggest it means something about the fan base. Straight people don't often enjoy the notion of gay and lesbian sex... of course!

Even Turo guy thinks its perverse. (I hope I spelt that name right.)

Do we have a bunch of closet gays and lesbians on here? Lol

But really, some of us want to have a proper, productive conversation and you make very hard if you only want to make a joke of everything. Does everything have to become a joke?

There is not a single scrap of evidence that either Chris or Wesker is gay or bisexual.

List every point and I will take the time (maybe later) to debunk them all... this should be a piece of cake.
People are allowed to talk about whatever they choose to talk about... so long as they are not attacking another member. There are thousands of other threads here; if this makes you uncomfortable, as it clearly does, then you are more than welcome not to participate in this particular discussion. It's not that difficult a concept.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's unfair to brush off his views simply because it "ruins" the fun. Not every opinion worth listening to or debating is going to be positive. That mentality bugs me around here, not because I necessarily agree with what's being said here but because I can relate to the situation at hand. If anyone is allowed to talk about what they want, then the same should go for Spencer. He has the right to express his opinions even if they are negative. Sure, it might have not been done too tastefully but that's a whole different thing. I just think it's unfair to tell someone not to post somewhere simply because what he has to say isn't "fun." He's still within the realm of the topic and if anything, he's added an interesting layer of discussion to the topic.

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
My apologies - I wrote a hasty reply and didn't express myself clearly.

I didn't intend to brush off his views, and again, I apologize that it came off that way. My sentiments were solely directed at his remarks that the members should 'just stop it'. If the conversation makes him uncomfortable, as I said, there are many others.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I can't believe this thread is still going, but as stated it was all for fun. Yes, it's for the fans and no... no character is officially gay until stated. It's okay to theorize though. That's what we do when a new game is announced, we talk about the potential plot. So why not have a little fun talking about a character's sexuality? If it makes you uncomfortable then just don't look at the thread? I'm not here to fight- nor do I mean to come off as harsh.

Actually which character is more than likely a virgin is obvious isn't it? Totally Leon because he's been chasing Ada for how long now? ;) Also kidding, but that's actually fun to think about too. In the realm of sexuality I'd think a lot of these characters are somewhat asexual, but that's only because we've seen them fighting bioterrorism. No time for flirting when there's zombies all around!

umbra aeterna

You see, now its getting stupid. Don't ignore the simple fact that heterosexuality is the norm by sheer statistics and numbers, both in the real world and in the fictional and gaming world like-wise. It is the deviant types who are emphasized to be known with their own identities. Yaoi, Slash, Gay Pride etc. "Straight" men and women ARE the default. It is what you expect, it is what you typically get. Just like in real life, the characters in fiction are straight unless stated otherwise.

You don't watch a television series and say to yourself: All the characters could equally and potentially be lesbians and gays. No, when a character is gay and lesbian they make it clear. Just like when a character is a psycho, they make it clear. You don't say to yourself: Everyone is a possible psycho, and unless they state they're normal, they could all be mental.

This is all twisted logic and it no longer makes sense. Just stop it.

If I follow your logic, then I can say none of the characters have had sex, unless they prove it. Everyone is a potential virgin because we aren't shown any of them having sex with each other. Poll vote: Which character is more than likely to be a virgin?

Before we found out about Jake...this may well have been Wesker.Seriously,dude's ****in' strange.Him or Steve Burnsides who was only 17.

Like I said, you people have a fetish for gay and lesbian sex which is why you desperately want the characters to be gay and lesbian and bisexual. lol lol and lol
I don't want anybody to be anything...that's weird.They are fictional so I could never have them anyway.PLUS I'm a chick! Whether any of these guys bang other guys is inconsequential.As for the girls?Ada might use a woman the same way she'd use a man,so '?' (Sherry is my dream girl btw ,but she's taken and I can accept that)

Yes,this is true,heterosecxuality may seem to be the norm...(seems to be because I keep bumping into people in this closet!).However,now this is getting to be practically homophobic.My reasoning behind saying Leon is straight because there is no evidence to support otherwise.Wesker may be somewhere on the non-heterosexual boundary becasue several reasons 1)Wesker may be enough of a sociopath to be asexual but would use sex on both sexes and all genders.And may have enjoyed these acts..or 2)He may simply be open minded enough to wanna try it because why the hell not?This is someone who decided to try out a virus on himself that may or may not kill him...he also likes to wear tight leather for what reason I don't know,could be into asphyxiation because he keeps choking people,etc.He's a question mark.

Chris might still be gay.no case has been made for this to not be true .This is what I mean by he's the one no one(no heterosexual white guy vicariously living through him) wants to be a homo.If his alternate costumes are anything to go by...it's kinda pointing towards gay.Now ,when he admits his undying love for some woman (rebbecca?she's been gone so it would make sense!) ,I will leave it be.
and oh god!They ain't even real.Besides,if Chris likes mens,what will not take from the games!It won't make him any less badass.

But then again he could be asexual for whatever reason,idk.There just ain't much evidence for him bein' straight.

I can't believe this thread is still going, but as stated it was all for fun. Yes, it's for the fans and no... no character is officially gay until stated. It's okay to theorize though. That's what we do when a new game is announced, we talk about the potential plot. So why not have a little fun talking about a character's sexuality? If it makes you uncomfortable then just don't look at the thread? I'm not here to fight- nor do I mean to come off as harsh.

Actually which character is more than likely a virgin is obvious isn't it? Totally Leon because he's been chasing Ada for how long now? ;) Also kidding, but that's actually fun to think about too. In the realm of sexuality I'd think a lot of these characters are somewhat asexual, but that's only because we've seen them fighting bioterrorism. No time for flirting when there's zombies all around!
True...but I think Leon's gotten a little action.But Steve burnside dies at like 17? So ,he may have very well died a virgin...theory ...what if the progenator virus affected virgins and non-virgins diferently? It'd be funny if the reason Wesker got super powers was because he was a virgin when he took the virus (would also explain why Jake's superhuman! Wesker already had the shot when he was conceived)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spencer Key

You guys seriously need to lighten up, after all you said it was for FUN.

Bad, bad me. Damn I must be horrid. I guess I better go and see a psychologist... maybe he can give me some psychotic drugs for a fake disorder I don't have.:unimpressed:

If I insisted that my girlfriend was bisexual with no actual evidence, and quite liked the idea of her having a lesbian side, and this was the reason why I couldn't let it go, what would that say about me?

...FETISH.

Stating the obvious is stating the obvious. Getting upset is immature... like what the hell?

Don't you think YOU insult CAPCOM when you demand for THEIR characters to be adamant gays and lesbians and bisexuals, when they imply no such thing? Your fetish shouldn't overule the canonical evidence. Its getting on my nerves now.

Chris and Wesker are NOT gay.

Top Bottom