• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your favorite Resident Evil film?

What's your favorite Resident Evil film?

• Resident Evil: Extinction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident Evil: Afterlife

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Turo602

The King of Kings
haters-gonna-hate-cat.jpg

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I thought the first live-action movie was, by far, the best. I feel like I appreciate it a lot more in hindsight than I did when it was first released - it does stay pretty true to the themes and roots of Resident Evil without being camp. Milla was fine - she only became intolerable for me when she became Super Milla.

And I thought the CGI films were pretty terrible, tbh.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I thought the first live-action movie was, by far, the best. I feel like I appreciate it a lot more in hindsight than I did when it was first released - it does stay pretty true to the themes and roots of Resident Evil without being camp. Milla was fine - she only became intolerable for me when she became Super Milla.

And I thought the CGI films were pretty terrible, tbh.

So she was fine for the first two minutes of the first movie? xD

Why do you think the CGI movies were so bad?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
With the exception of a small handful of moments - such as fighting the zombie dogs for example, I don't see how she did anything that anyone in reasonable health with reasonable strength couldn't have done. It didn't go over the top until the second movie. Capcom easily could have scripted RE 2's Claire to have done the same thing and no one would have given it a second thought.

And I thought the CGI movies were bad because I felt like I was watching an hour-and-a-half cutscene - I mean, sure, it looked pretty but I feel so much time was spent on CGI that other important elements of the film - like the storyline, lagged behind severely. Not to mention the characters were so very wooden and uninspired - not entirely sure why Leon and Claire took a back-seat and were given no character development or growth in order to focus on Angela who has virtually no significance to RE... apart from her gigantic kahunas.

Damnation I can't remember a single thing about, apart from Ada's fight with that Russian chick - which speaks to how much I obviously enjoyed that one.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Since it's a bit unfair to mix both the Live Action and CGI films together, I'm just gonna choose one from each series.

Live Action
Resident Evil: Retribution - While it's certainly over the top, I don't really mind. Anyone would be a fool to expect anything different from this series by now. I've already made peace with these movies being their own thing and I still find them fun to watch because that's all they really are, fun movies in a familiar universe. With that said, I found Retribution to be the most fun of all the films. It had Milla Jovovich in a sexy battlesuit, Sienna Guillory in a sexy battlesuit, awesome action, great visuals, payed homage to both the movies and games, and it had the biggest cast of video game characters of all the movies. Sure, they might have not done any of them justice, but they at least resembled the characters a lot closer than Chris and Claire. Also, sexy fight time between Alice and Jill!

CGI
Resident Evil: Damnation - While I enjoyed both movies, I give Damnation an edge because it was just all around more entertaining. The CGI looked amazing, the action was insane, and the tyrants were a cool nod to RE2, as were all the lickers. Plus, Leon has never looked better or kicked this much ass before. Just wish Chris was in it rather than that Buddy guy.

Denzil22

Premium
It's sad how the live action moves might of put people off the games there ok to watch and I even enjoyed the first one it was resi like but after that they went down hill the animated movies are much better just hope they make more of them.

Top Bottom