• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What causes are important to you? :)

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
One I forgot to mention in my earlier post; Tinnitus awareness (especially among musicians). If you are unfamiliar with tinnitus, it is the perception of sound in one or both ears or in the head when no external sound is actually present. So, if you have a 'ringing' in your ears or something like that, that is tinnitus.

I feel like musicians almost have a duty to warn of it's dangers, considering so many of us have it.

So, you know, it's a thing. Be informed! ;)

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I am really really really trying to make this sound as nice as I can possibly make it, but what is it with you and feminism? Gender equality should focus on the problems of both genders, not one.

I actually agree with this logic. Feminism is in itself the attempt to make women more important, whereas gender equality is making everybody equal.

I myself am all for nuclear disarmament, even went and got myself the nuclear disarmament symbol tattooed on my wrist, only to find that Lady Gaga also had it, but I still loves her muchly :p

I'm for marriage equality, even though I have no intentions of getting married, I love many people, not one, but also wouldn't marry several people if the choice was there, marriage itself is an offense to single people, and i ain't single, but I feel bad for them having to do without "married people's" priviliges.

Taking religion and also non-believer propaganda out of public, nothing from either group anywhere in schools or in public, and neither of them having any power or influence.

Animal treatment, since brand new studies suggest that animals may in fact have consciousness like us humans do, but just haven't evolved a large enough brain size:body size ratio to have the intelligence to communicate anything to us.

Taking money out of every Government, the job title of a politician being completely voluntary or minimum-wage, therefore deterring corrupt sociopaths.

Free Speech, which is being corroded, I totally think political correctness should be done away with. If you are offended by what someone says, then grow a pair and just don't listen to them anymore ;)

I stand for quite a few more things, such as using things other than plastic, since it is everywhere, and is now collecting in the Pacific, and the removal of fluoride from America's (and other countries') water, thank goodness we don't get any of that here in Scotland. No, i ain't one of those "they're dumbing us down for the New World Order!" types, I despise conspiracy theories unless there is sufficient evidence. Yes, there is evidence that fluoride is extremely bad for you to ingest, it is only useful when placed onto the teeth, not swallowed (poisonous), however there is no evidence that Governments are doing this on purpose, otherwise we would all be fluoridated.

Anyway, i'll stop harping on...

My second day and i've probably already got haters, my posts are always HUGE!! xD

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I'm just gonna leave this right here:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=definition+of+feminism+

-------

Although a lot of feminists are freaking idiots. :eek:

Thanks for that :) although, like many things, today's version of the movement doesn't necessarily reflect the original definition of the word itself.

For instance, in the western world, women often-times now take precedence over men in the workplace, due to an employer's fear of being taken to court over sexism, and this is the same for every facet of society. Women have complete equal rights to men as far as most people are concerned, however the "bra burners" now seem to work towards a female-dominated society.

A female dominated society would be awesome in my opinion, even as a man, I would prefer this, I believe women are generally much smarter at making economic decisions, and are less likely (although not immune from becoming) corrupt.

In some facets of society, sexism isn't sexism, sometimes in the broad sense men are better at women at some things, and women are better than men at some things, but thanks to this movement, rather than calling it gender equality and naming it "femin"ism, all biological truths are now a moot point, such as the fact that men are biologically stronger than women due to the hormonal make-up of men, more muscle is placed naturally due to men being the hunter-gatherer in our ancestor's times. Women are better at being more mentally stable than men, due to the natural brain chemistry in women that allows them to be more open about emotions and feelings than men.

However, in today's world, everybody is seen as equally strong, and equally mentally stable, and equally everything, when it isn't true. Equal working, voting and other such rights are definite and should be equal (and are now) but being able to sue someone for uttering the words "men are stronger than women" (a biologically true statement) is ridiculous. Doesn't mean women can't manipulate their hormones and work out to become stronger, it's just that in an evolutionary sense, men just are stronger, however uttering the words of scientifically sound statements can now lead to court action, when it should just be brushed off as somebody that doesn't understand that nowadays we can alter our bodies in any way we want to become stronger.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
even though i am a christian i do support gay rights the government has no right to tell someone they cant marry people of the same gender.
also i support gender equality

Meg

So bin ich eben
snip for space

Isn't Let Me Google That for You awesome? I think it's awesome. :eek:

And you've brought up some nice points. Unfortunately, women and men don't have totally equality. For instance, abortion is still a heavy topic and many people are trying to limit access or take it away completely. I do agree there are too many "feminazis" who take everything as a personal attack on their femininity/whatever. It's quite exhausting. The movement really has gone far from the definition. -_-'

By the way, welcome to the forums! :D

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
Isn't Let Me Google That for You awesome? I think it's awesome. :eek:

And you've brought up some nice points. Unfortunately, women and men don't have totally equality. For instance, abortion is still a heavy topic and many people are trying to limit access or take it away completely. I do agree there are too many "feminazis" who take everything as a personal attack on their femininity/whatever. It's quite exhausting. The movement really has gone far from the definition. -_-'

By the way, welcome to the forums! :D
i hope you dont take offense to this but it seems like women in that movement only want it for the parts of equality they want not the whole thing for example make the same amount of money as a man (which they should) but dont want to be elligible for the draft
again hope you dont take offense to this

Meg

So bin ich eben
i hope you dont take offense to this but it seems like women in that movement only want it for the parts of equality they want not the whole thing for example make the same amount of money as a man (which they should) but dont want to be elligible for the draft
again hope you dont take offense to this
That's EXACTLY it though! :eek: Hell, the wage gap is a myth, but you got all these feminists freaking out about it.

And I say do away with the draft entirely. OR if we have to have a draft then women should be in it too. I take the good with the bad.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
That's EXACTLY it though! :eek: Hell, the wage gap is a myth, but you got all these feminists freaking out about it.

And I say do away with the draft entirely. OR if we have to have a draft then women should be in it too. I take the good with the bad.
if only all feminists could be like that the world would be one step closer to a better place

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Definitely would be a better place :)

I don't agree with a draft at all, I am totally against wars unless it is for the survival of the majority of people, in other words if no war meant huge death rate, and war meant a lower death rate, then war would be the best option. However, even with a war that I would support, I don't believe there should be drafting. Let's face it, drafting is a case of forcing the poor people in society to go off and protect the rich people in society, it is totally wrong. The excuse is that there are smart rich people, such as scientists and politicians, that need to be protected for the advancement of society. I agree with scientists, but politicians? How do they advance society? I don't see any laws that advance society being made, either old laws being re-hashed or modifications of existing laws, that are usually for the benefit of a small group.

No draft, gender equality, gay marriage, nuclear disarmament, save the animals, build more rainforest-like areas!!

Also, let us grow our own food!

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
EDIT: I'm glad there aren't more feminists like Meg. If there were, I would have a lot less fun pointing out double standards. :(

I support plenty of causes in mind. I support zero causes in wallet.
If I were to donate money, it wouldn't go through any nonprofits or other organizations. I'd practically have to go directly to where my money is needed and hand it to the person myself.

Just because I support the same cause as an organization, does not mean I support their methods of accomplishment.
Sure, doing cruel stuff to animals is bad... but PETA is still bat**** crazy. Extreme example, but you get my point.
Once you give them your money, they can do whatever they want with it. Say I'm anti-abortion (I'm not) and I donate money to one of those groups. Who can guarantee that my cash didn't go into building a bomb that happened to go off in an abortion clinic?

It goes beyond the crazy causes. Most of the organizations that fund cancer research and/or feeding the kids in Africa have a religious affiliation. I don't want kids in Africa to die, but I don't want them to be forcibly converted in order to receive treatment either.

This post has gone on long enough. Point is, there are so so many groups out there and so many of them are guilty of these things. I would need to have thoroughly researched one before I thought of supporting them in any way.

The truth behind the Stop KONY video illustrates all this beautifully.

Top Bottom