• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are Your Flaws?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It's very easy for people to wax lyrical about their good points. It's a lot harder for people to admit their flaws. In this thread, I invite you to talk about what you consider to be your flaws. I'm talking about traits and personality flaws here, just to clarify.

I'll kick it off.

Negativity. I always expect the worse case scenario for myself, it's ridiculous.

Procrastination. For example, every single assignment that I've completed for university has been completed in the early hours of the morning of the day that it's due.

Laziness. Sometimes I really can't be bothered with a lot of things. (Though that's normal... Right? :p )

Those are a few of mine. What are yours?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think my biggest flaw is patience. My patience is worse than a 5-year-olds, and it has only grown worse as I've gotten older. I will never wait in line for anything for more than a few minutes if I don't have to, and if it's necessary that I wait, I get extremely irritable. Naturally, I have even less patience with people - even though I do consider myself a people person. I've had to learn to better manage my thoughts and actions.

On that note, I think I'm also extremely judgemental and I tend to hold a very long grudge when wronged. I think I'm motivated to be successful and work harder by the people who I perceive have wronged me greatly - but I don't do what I do for myself and I do think that's a problem.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Sometimes I feel like I can be egotistical and narcissistic. I'm also self loathing, filled with rage, pessimistic, and uncompassionate. I even view the world in such a logical and robotic way that diminishes my own humanity. These are all reasons to call me a terrible human being. You probably wouldn't be wrong, hell, we're all terrible people to some capacity. It's human nature and humans are flawed. But being able to see and admit to our flaws, even keep them in check from time to time, I feel makes us all the better for it.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
In no particular order...

1) My memory. Being able to remember a lot is useful most of the time, but it can get in the way of my social life when I remember every little bad thing someone has ever done to me. What makes it even worse is that I'm also unable to forgive. I may say "It's okay" a lot, and I want to mean it, but I don't.

2) I'm terribly unspontaneous. Everything has to be planned far in advance. Even if you call to ask me out on a day when nothing else is scheduled, I'll say no. In fact, I tend to say no to everything at first, just like I never like a song or a movie the first time I hear/watch it. I have to get used to an idea before I can accept it.

3) My compassion leaves a lot to be desired. I never find words to comfort someone for the loss of a loved one, I don't care about couples breaking up in my circle of friends because I know that soon enough they'll show up with new significant others anyway, and when people bother me with their problems for too long without ever listening to the advice I give them, chances are I'll just ignore them the next time they start complaining about their lives as if we hadn't already gone through all that in our last conversation.

4) I give up very quickly. If it's important, I usually pick it up again eventually, but my first impulse when something goes wrong is to get annoyed and drop it.

5) Also, this:

Negativity. I always expect the worse case scenario for myself, it's ridiculous.

I have to say in my defence, it's often not so much negativity as just plain, boring realism. If you tell me "Hey, I'm gong to play the lottery, wish me luck!", I'm most likely going to say "I will, and you'll need it because the odds of winning are, like, one in a million". It sometimes gets on my own nerves because I can never enjoy or look forward to anything without thinking about the downsides.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I'm really impatient. I have trouble waiting five seconds for things.

I overthink everything. I go over conversations and make sure I didn't accidentally make something sound different than what I meant it to.

I complain a lot about my sister being better than me and I try hard to be better than her. Everybody likes her more, and I try to seem as nice as her but I always say something that makes her look better than me.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I think that this quote well explains it all

Sherlock Holmes said:
It is one of the curses of having a mind with a turn like mine that I must look at everything with reference to my own special subject

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Procrastination is a big one for me too, Jen. I definitely have a "due today, do today" attitude when it comes to a lot of things, especially college assignments.

No there's not an exam final tomorrow that I should be studying for right meow. Get off my back.

Laziness and overthinking are others faults of mine too... I enjoy long walks on the beach and Chipotle multiple times a week. Wanna take me out?

Last edited:

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
It's very easy for people to wax lyrical about their good points. It's a lot harder for people to admit their flaws. In this thread, I invite you to talk about what you consider to be your flaws. I'm talking about traits and personality flaws here, just to clarify.

I'll kick it off.

Procrastination. For example, every single assignment that I've completed for university has been completed in the early hours of the morning of the day that it's due.

Laziness. Sometimes I really can't be bothered with a lot of things. (Though that's normal... Right? :p )

Those are a few of mine. What are yours?
Arrogance. I can be an absolute bar*d when I know I'm right to the point that I am an absolute douche about it.

Not sure how much of a flaw this next one is but I eavesdrop. A lot. To the extent where because I have a great memory for things people have said, I can remember a conversation from ten years ago that I wasn't even involved in.

Laziness, though who doesn't declare this as a flaw of theirs?

I physically push myself far too hard which leads to a lot of nice consequences. I can do 15 minutes on a bike one day and the next I decide to do 2 hours and my CFS comes back to life.

I have a lot of genetic flaws if that counts?

Something my teachers aren't fond of is my inability to revise how they want me to. I always try and perform a Sherlock and imagine the information I need in a geographical sense. Apparently doing that and forgoing traditional note taking isn't helpful (though my 3 A's in my mocks prove otherwise).

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I am way too hard on myself. I make mistakes and I will beat myself bloody (mentally) over my mistakes. I'll say things like "god I'm such a failure. I can't do anything right." My family hates this and I get lectured over it quite a bit.

I have a lot of pent up rage that comes out at the worst of times. It isn't good for my health, at all but I don't see it going away any time soon. I just hope and pray that someone doesn't push me to the point of releasing that rage because you guys may never hear from me again because I might end up in an orange jumpsuit and sleeping behind bars for the rest of my life.

I don't trust people. And by that I mean I can be friends with someone and they can do something that seems shady to me and I won't have anything to do with them for weeks because I feel like I can't trust them. I always feel like people are going to stab me in the back.

I am brutally honest, to a flaw. I've lost friends over this. I've been told that it's their loss and that people should want more friends like me because I don't sugarcoat things. Basically, if you want me to tell you what I think of you, I'm going to tell you what I think of you and it may not be what you're prepared to hear. I just don't have the capability to be like "oh I think you're great" when really you could be a freagin' asshole who deserves to be punched in the throat, yanno? Instead you're gonna hear me say "I think you're an asshole and every time I see you I just want to punch you in the throat". My best friend of twenty years stopped talking to me for several months because I was brutally honest with him about how I felt about his fiance. You just can't make me like someone who I can see right through and she is one of the worst types of human beings. Her personality is just fake and nothing she says is genuine or "from the heart". She's childish and boring. Anyway...lol....

I also have a bad habit of getting angry about something and I will rant about it for hours, sometimes. My mom can't stand this and I've been told to shut the hell up many times lmao.

I'm not sure if you would consider this a flaw, but in a way I consider it one. I have a heart of pure gold. This causes me to get walked all over. People take advantage of my kindness and generosity.

Popo

Tremor's post has just described me in a nutshell. I am usually a very calm person, and I am that way because I know that if I unleash my rage, s**t will happen, and at the same time, I hate that s**t happens, so I just rather keep my cool and chill.

And unfortunately I allow/allowed people to step on me, I am currently allowing myself being stepped on by my father, he never gave me anything in my life except for beatings and sleepless nights when he came home drunk and did s**t to my mom. Now he is sick, he is mentally ill, he can't survive on his own, and even after all he put us through, my brother and I won't move on with our lives because we don't want to leave him alone, because he can't, his mind is in the gutter, sense no longer exists in his head. I allowed myself to be stepped by the girl I was/am seeing. I gave all my love to her, treated her like a princess, doing the best that I could and she slept with another guy. I was even dumb enough to tell that since we were not officially "boyfriend/girlfriend" I wouldn't stop her from doing so, but I just asked for a warning so that I could have the time to step back so I wouldn't get hurt, but she didn't do that, no. She met a guy, treated me like s**t for a week because she didn't want to be with me and at the end of the week, well, they "did the deed". And she did all of this behind my back, despite me even telling her that she could, all I asked for was a warning, and she still lied to me. She is a free individual person, but I am also free to not want to be a part of such a thing, free to wanna step back while that happens. And yes, I am still seeing her, we took a "break" for a while and she apparently realized the amount of s**t she had done to me, she realized that I am worth more than some guy that only wanted her for "doing it". Am I an idiot for still being with her? Yeah probably, other people told me that they would never want to see her face again, but now I am constantly worrying, everytime she doesn't pick up the phone, or doesn't text me back, or says weird stuff to me like she sad during that week, I get worried inside. It hurts me like hell to just imagine the "act" happening, that person I love doing what I thought was special between us with some other person... I don't ever want to meet the guy, because I don't know if I can sustain my rage... and yet I don't bother her with my concerns. Maybe she deserves that I bother her, after all she did what she did, but I just can't.
I am an idiot, I should probably like myself more and put and end to this and be with myself.. instead of putting myself through torture for something that probably isn't worth it...

I'm sorry guys, probably this isn't the right time or place to say such things.. but I started typing and suddenly it all just poured out.. this is a thread about flaws and I am using it to make stupid confessions.. sorry guys..

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Hmm, let's see, I force all my feelings and emotions deep down, to the point of nearly exploding. In fact, I did explode a few times before. But I still didn't learn my lesson.

I also have a low self image. I tend to ignore all the nice things people say to me, and instead focus on the negative aspects of myself that I believe people notice about me.

Reactions: Jen

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
@Mr. Scary

Despite how rotten your dad may have been while you were growing up, I think the fact that you still try to be there for him says a lot about you as an individual. You can't change the past, but don't stoop to a low level for petty individuals. Do what makes you feel right, and maybe that is staying by your dad's side until his final hour. At least you will have some peace of mind.

Now the chick you were seeing... I know you're going to hear this a lot (and probably already have) but that's someone you need to let go of. It's clearly an unhealthy situation for you to be in because it sounds like she's not into the relationship like you are and you sound very unhappy with the relationship. Of course that's something you'll figure out and decide to do when you feel you've had enough! When it comes to relatiships it's all a personal learning experience. You'll know that moment you need to walk away (I regret not listening to my gut instinct and not walking away when I thought about it).

Me and my ex of 2 1/2 years split about 8 months ago, though 4 months into the break up I had learned he moved in with his new girlfriend. It hurts like hell at first, it's a sucky feeling when someone you couldn't imagine life without pulls the rug out from under you like that (and he didn't have the maturity to tell me the truth, that there was someone else)... At first it's hard to think about someone else with the one you "love"... But I will say that it truly does get better. I never imagined I would reach this state of mind but as more time past the more I began to realize that I was truly stressed out and unhappy when I was with that individual. It's all about the company you keep.

Sorry for the off topic discussion but talking helps

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I criticize a lot and I'm a very harsh critic. That's a trait I hate about myself. Sometimes I do it without even thinking about the consequences it might cause, so that many people think I'm a troll or something like that.

Apart from that I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I'm extremely stubborn and I always insist on my own opinion, no matter how hard you try to convince me.

Reactions: Jen

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I lack self confidence:
Alot of things have happened over the years and I always end up on thr losing side. It really knocks the way I think and feel about things.

As tremors "heart of gold" flaw.
I Have this too I think.
I try my best to help people out and be all nice and people end up walking all over me. I find it hard to say anything mean back to stop this as I don't want to be known for being horrible.
This in turn makes all thr small bad things I do the most noticed and even are more noticed than all the good I try to do too.

I'm too trusting
I have been told I'm too trusting, I have forgave alot of people for alot of things.
I always think people deserve more than one chance but I'm not sure how to handle a situation Where a person deserve any less chances.

I always think "what if" situations.
This hurts me when I feel like I could have Done things different if I was smarter, more daring or braver.
I cant stop thinking about these events.

As Hel said:
I like to plan things. I feel safer when I'm more organised.

Otherthinking.
As some of my points above suggest.
I overthink things alot.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
A huge flaw of mine is morale.

Where if you were to compliment me I would shrug it off and just tell you to stop bullshizing me

As to where in something I were to fail at well here's a comparison

llllllll-Morale gained from Compliment
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll-Morale that had fallen from a failure.

-I'm insensitive/blunt- Everyone has said it.

-I'm paranoid to a point where I get EXTREMELY freaked out if you so much as make a motion to physically touch me. I only allow it If I'm comfy with that person.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
A flaw I've only really noticed today is that I am such a closed off person emotionally. I don't let anyone know how I feel and I always put a brave face on. I don't see depression as a weakness, but I'd rather people just carried on with their own lives.

This p****d off a few friends today; leaving school, they were all saying bye and I could only muster a weak smile. One complained I was ignoring him. Two of my friends, one for whom I hold much affection, did this dance from a Kpop song we all love to cheer me up and whilst I acknowledged it with a small laugh and smile, I presume that they think I was being rude.

Therein lies another issue: I presume that people perceive negative things about me. How miserable I am, how I don't get involved in the jokes and how much of a downer I am. Of course no-one's ever said that but I always, and I mean always, think this way.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
A flaw I've only really noticed today is that I am such a closed off person emotionally. I don't let anyone know how I feel and I always put a brave face on. I don't see depression as a weakness, but I'd rather people just carried on with their own lives.

This p****d off a few friends today; leaving school, they were all saying bye and I could only muster a weak smile. One complained I was ignoring him. Two of my friends, one for whom I hold much affection, did this dance from a Kpop song we all love to cheer me up and whilst I acknowledged it with a small laugh and smile, I presume that they think I was being rude.

Therein lies another issue: I presume that people perceive negative things about me. How miserable I am, how I don't get involved in the jokes and how much of a downer I am. Of course no-one's ever said that but I always, and I mean always, think this way.

I can relate to all of these. Some people just don't understand what it's like to be depressed. It's good that they're not depressed, but because of that they don't get it and it can cause a lot of fights. My friend wanted nothing to do with me for a month because I was going through a lot and had trouble telling people about the situation I was in, including her.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I can relate to all of these. Some people just don't understand what it's like to be depressed. It's good that they're not depressed, but because of that they don't get it and it can cause a lot of fights. My friend wanted nothing to do with me for a month because I was going through a lot and had trouble telling people about the situation I was in, including her.
They either don't know what it's like or don't attempt any form of empathy. The friends of mine that didn't respond in this way knew why I was behaving as I was as they themselves have been there or they have a good grasp of empathy.

It's difficult to relay to people, without preaching, what it's like coming home to a basically dysfunctional family of an abusive stepfather, dementia stricken grandfather, mother who has had so much happen to her recently and me, the youngest and with the highest tally of problems relative to my age. Explaining what's going on in your own life is like trying to explain to a person who speaks the most complex language on the planet our alphabet; try as you might, they won't understand.

Top Bottom