• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are Your Favorite Animals?

Silverback

Moving Mountains
So does anyone here have a favorite animal, or a creature they are passionate about? Post pictures if possible.

Here's something I'm passionate about:
crow-1.jpeg

Post away! :D

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Wolverines are crazy! There are videos up on Youtube showing just how... angry they can be. Gotta love Kittens, lol. I don't know anything about Lynx. What seperates them from other cats?

Genie

I think wolverines are adorable! Well, they can be kinda vicious but they just fascinate me :)
Hmm... I don't really know how to answer to your question because I don't know much about other wild cats XD
I just think they are beautiful and Lynx is the only wild cat that lives in the nature here in Finland.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I didn't notice that you requested pictures. :oops:

Tiger:
tigers-1.jpg

Clouded Leopard (They're my favorite; their spots are just unique.):
Clouded-leopard.jpg

Panther:
panther.jpg

Lion:
9lioness-playing-mara.jpg

Cheetah (I would have posted a fiercer looking picture but this little fuzz-ball was just so cute.):
cheetah-cub.jpg

I'm also partial to wolves:
grey-wolf_565_600x450.jpg

Fox (The arctic fox is perhaps my favorite, though.):
arctic-fox-canada.jpg

And polar bears:
polar-bear-pup.jpg

I'll probably post more later. :D

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
First and foremost, I adore horses. I used to ride all the time, but had to stop because the horse I trained on, Dolly, died years ago. Dolly was a dapple grey, she she looked kind of like this:
View attachment 280
I have a particular attachment to Siberian Huskies as well - my first dog, Nala, was a Husky, but we couldn't keep her for very long because a small fenced in little yard isn't great for dogs who require tons of land to burn energy.
View attachment 281
View attachment 282

Then, I've always had a penchant for elephants as well. Mainly because they're so sweet and gentle. I hate when I hear all this **** about carnivals beating them - I'll never go to a carnival because of it, ever.
View attachment 283

And lastly, dolphins... because come on... how can anyone dislike dolphins...
View attachment 284

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I am a lover of all animals, but if I had to choose a top few, they would be:

The Mustang
MustangHorse_jpg.jpg

Leopard
snow-leopard_712_600x450.jpg

The Persian
persian_cat2.jpg

Pitbulls
pit-bull.jpg

I like my Pitbulls natural...I don't agree with getting the ears or tails clipped, that's cruel. This particular breed of dog is just beautiful to me, and yes I'm well aware of the constant controversy over these animals. It's not the dog, it's how you train them.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Wolverines are crazy! There are videos up on Youtube showing just how... angry they can be. Gotta love Kittens, lol. I don't know anything about Lynx. What seperates them from other cats?
Lynx are beautiful cats.

We used to have them in Scotland, and they were deeply respected by the ancestors. They believed that Lynx held many ancient secrets and long lost wisdom. Clairvoyant and able to ghost between this world and the next.

The Lynx is a fantastic cat, its built for its environment with its unusually long legs. It holds a very impressive amount of intelligence as well.

They are known to chase Foxes into deep snow, knowing that the fox has short legs so will get stuck, leaving the Lynx to pick it off at will.

Also, they know that other predators like the Wolverine work in shifts, when they are hunting and resting, so they happily wait for the Wolverine to fend off the bears and wolves from a kill, watch where the wolverine keeps it, then waits til it rests, before moseying on over and taking it's prize.

Out of all cats they are strinkingly beautiful in a very strange way.

As for me, well... i'm a lover of all that dwells in the Animal Kingdom. But i will admit, there is a special place in my heart for the one creature i see every summer without fail ( besides the golden eagle )....

9ft-stag-the-Emperor-of-E-006.jpg

Nothing, speaks of triumph, power, strength, pride, wisdom, peace and stature, than a fully grown, chest puffed out, Scottish Stag over looking his kingdom at the end of the Rutting season.

I mean c'mon, just look at his walk,

Ive always liked Eagles, big cats, dogs/wolves/foxes...bears...Killer whales..love killer whales... but i suppose i should throw in a little mention to an animal ive grown to appreciate lately...

the Magpie.

Magpie3.jpg

Also, for its sheer beauty... and the fact that all my friends often refer to me as one, it wouldnt be right of me not to mention at last, but not least... the ever majestic, Winged Cat that is known as an, Owl.

Barn_Owl_hollow_tree_3.jpg

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Lynx are beautiful cats.
We used to have them in Scotland, and they were deeply respected by the ancestors. They believed that Lynx held many ancient secrets and long lost wisdom. Clairvoyant and able to ghost between this world and the next.
The Lynx is a fantastic cat, its built for its environment with its unusually long legs. It holds a very impressive amount of intelligence as well.
They are known to chase Foxes into deep snow, knowing that the fox has short legs so will get stuck, leaving the Lynx to pick it off at will.
Also, they know that other predators like the Wolverine work in shifts, when they are hunting and resting, so they happily wait for the Wolverine to fend off the bears and wolves from a kill, watch where the wolverine keeps it, then waits til it rests, before moseying on over and taking it's prize.
Out of all cats they are strinkingly beautiful in a very strange way.

Thanks for the reply! I never realized Lynx were anymore intelligent than other Cats. Must be amazing to watch one hunt in it's natural environment. And the info about how the Scottish believed they could transcend worlds is very interesting. It's akin to how the Native Indian's believed that Crow's could take recently deceased spirirts over to the realm of the dead.

Good stuff. ^ ^ Here is somemore:

Baboon's

Baboons.jpg

Tarsier's/Bushbabie's

tarsier_1.jpg

Mata Mata Turtle's

mata-mata.jpg

Hammerhead Shark's

01.jpg

Isn't Nature beautiful?

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Thanks for the reply! I never realized Lynx were anymore intelligent than other Cats. Must be amazing to watch one hunt in it's natural environment. And the info about how the Scottish believed they could transcend worlds is very interesting. It's akin to how the Native Indian's believed that Crow's could take recently deceased spirirts over to the realm of the dead.

Good stuff.

The Ancient scots had loads to say on nature, although unfortunately, when christiaanity came along, their views on nature ( which were observations and lessons ) in problem solving, and respecting your environment... which all turned to superstition too quickly.

Here are a couple of more animals they had a ton of respect for.

indexheader1.jpg

The Scottish wildcat.. at first glance, it looks like a domestic out in the wild.But it is actually a very very very old species of cat. the oldest in europe if i'm not mistaken. One thing the Scots noted of this cat, was its utter hellish ferocity and desire to remain to free! Many Scottish clans feared this fiesty cat due its never say die attitude. Its known to maul farmers dogs and simply will not back down from a fight. So if you want to know what your domestic cat was like before it was reduced to chasing string balls and eating slop from a tin.

highland_bull_scotland.jpg

^^ A funny looking cow with long hair to most...But a guardian to us, as they are a very ancient bread of bull. Their toughness has been noted world wide, which is why you will now see them throughout as Farmers from around the globe buy them for 3 reasons.
1,they are tougher than brass balls and have a huge instinct for protecting its pack.. ( you can put them in a field of sheep or ducks ) and itll protect them like they are his own.

2, they are highly valued and the meat is rich!

3, Highland cows laugh in the face of predators, bread for their ability to lay into a pack of wolves..one bull is tough enough, but a field of them is certain death.

to humans however, they are the gentle postcard cuddly toys you see them as. they like being petted, so long as you take the time to let it get to know you.

golden-eagle.jpg

As i've said before i hear the cry and see the swoar of a golden eagle every summer without fail for most my life as weve a breading pair where i live. The day i no longer hear or see such a thing will truly be a sad summer, as the king of the sky embodies all that is good about summer in the highlands.

Swan-Reflection.jpg

There is a restraunt i like to eat at, which is built on a little lake ( lake not loch ) as its man made,and every summer the place is packed with Swans/ducks the lot. The swan to me, is the one animal in the kingdom that is the living breathing example of living in the now.

And if you'll allow me to dip my hand into the bag that is my childhood memories, ive found the animal i got drafted to study for out amazon project.

the one animal that flys in the face of ( life / death / struggle / stress ) natures very own lovable pot smoking hippie.....ladies, gentlemen, i leave you with......

0b6164f1-a66a-4c97-8758-ff14e6b95aef.jpg

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I've always had an obsession with Scottish fold munchkin cats. I'd love to have one someday... I finally own my other obsession though, and that's Pugs.

scottishfoldmunchkincatsPics1sa52lpAbJkBwYM.jpg
< Who the hell wouldn't wanna own one of these adorable creatures?

Oh and here's MY pug. Agnes.

420537_1988017025404_1392661696_32502043_1164232347_n.jpg

376263_1876168269255_1392661696_32425574_1343276112_n.jpg

I love her like she's my own adopted human baby. <3

Silverback

Moving Mountains
The Ancient scots had loads to say on nature, although unfortunately, when christiaanity came along, their views on nature ( which were observations and lessons ) in problem solving, and respecting your environment... which all turned to superstition too quickly.
So it indeed seems. Sorry about the early Catholic Church. Studying scripture, I've found they were not Christian at all, as their motives were the exact opposite of the Bible/Jesus' teachings.

Here are a couple of more animals they had a ton of respect for.
indexheader1.jpg

The Scottish wildcat.. at first glance, it looks like a domestic out in the wild.But it is actually a very very very old species of cat. the oldest in europe if i'm not mistaken. One thing the Scots noted of this cat, was its utter hellish ferocity and desire to remain to free! Many Scottish clans feared this fiesty cat due its never say die attitude. Its known to maul farmers dogs and simply will not back down from a fight. So if you want to know what your domestic cat was like before it was reduced to chasing string balls and eating slop from a tin.

Whoa! Sounds pretty frightening to be honest. lmao!

Sadly, seems we've been dumbing down animals as well as ourselves. Knowing that the domestic house Cat used to be such a fighter and has been reduced to a lazy animal, is abit saddening.

highland_bull_scotland.jpg

^^ A funny looking cow with long hair to most...But a guardian to us, as they are a very ancient bread of bull. Their toughness has been noted world wide, which is why you will now see them throughout as Farmers from around the globe buy them for 3 reasons.
1,they are tougher than brass balls and have a huge instinct for protecting its pack.. ( you can put them in a field of sheep or ducks ) and itll protect them like they are his own.
2, they are highly valued and the meat is rich!
3, Highland cows laugh in the face of predators, bread for their ability to lay into a pack of wolves..one bull is tough enough, but a field of them is certain death.
to humans however, they are the gentle postcard cuddly toys you see them as. they like being petted, so long as you take the time to let it get to know you.

Sounds wonderful. I wonder what the toughest animal they've ever fought would be? And with all that hair in their eyes, it's a wonder they see where they're going.
golden-eagle.jpg

As i've said before i hear the cry and see the swoar of a golden eagle every summer without fail for most my life as weve a breading pair where i live. The day i no longer hear or see such a thing will truly be a sad summer, as the king of the sky embodies all that is good about summer in the highlands.

Eagles - One of the greatest Birds in existence.

Swan-Reflection.jpg

There is a restraunt i like to eat at, which is built on a little lake ( lake not loch ) as its man made,and every summer the place is packed with Swans/ducks the lot. The swan to me, is the one animal in the kingdom that is the living breathing example of living in the now.
Was up by the lake myself yesterday, feeding the Ducks, and had Swans on the mind. Lovely animals.

And if you'll allow me to dip my hand into the bag that is my childhood memories, ive found the animal i got drafted to study for out amazon project. The one animal that flys in the face of ( life / death / struggle / stress ) natures very own lovable pot smoking hippie.....ladies, gentlemen, i leave you with......

0b6164f1-a66a-4c97-8758-ff14e6b95aef.jpg

A Sloth? Didn't see that coming. Apparently, they spend all day in tree's and will only go to the bottom to do their business, before clambering back up to the top. Hmm, not much for me to say on Sloths.

Truth be told, I'm not very like-minded on any animals, but I love the animal kingdom/nature in general so I'm always interested to learn new things.

Great post. :D

Silverfern

The Haka: "Ka Mate!"
Here are a few of my favourite(s) Animals I like.

The White Lion

Animals_Beasts_White_Lion_029180_.jpg

The Harpy Eagle

Harpy.jpg

Rottweiler

Rottweiler-Head.jpg

German Shepherd

german-shepherd.jpg

And not least the one and only, our National Icon for New Zealand,
The Kiwi.(Flightless Bird)

Kiwi-bird.jpg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Snakes, wolves, sharks, lizards of all kinds, crocs and alligators. Also manta rays, starfish and birds of prey. Would post pics but I haven't got time right now to hunt any down - might stick some in later :)

Top Bottom