• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

D

Deleted member 21244

So....Umbrella Corps was on sale. Very cheap and all, so I bought. I don't play multiplayer games online and I don't care about this kind of stuff, but I bought just to check on "The Experiment" single player mode and its "story". It was really cheap after all and I thought "why not?".

..............WOW. Umbrella Corps make Operation Raccoon City feels like a masterpiece. It makes RE Gaiden and Survivor feels like numbered entries on the franchise. Wow...seriously, I'm really surprised how Capcom gave the green light to this thing. It's no coincidence it doesn't carry the name Resident Evil.
I buyed it at 5 euro, and yeah the game is really bad... It had no real story, at least operation raccon city had a real story mode... The multiplayer was a bit fun before it died instantly since nobody played it... I find a match once a year maybe

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Most of the things that happened in that game are not believable, so don't overthink about it
I mean, that's fair...It's just something that hit me while replaying it. For almost everything that game did right...It did a lot I think is worse. I hate saying it...but I think I almost enjoy REmake2 less with each playthrough. Which...I never experienced with the original.

D

Deleted member 21244

I mean, that's fair...It's just something that hit me while replaying it. For almost everything that game did right...It did a lot I think is worse. I hate saying it...but I think I almost enjoy REmake2 less with each playthrough. Which...I never experienced with the original.
Yeah it's the same for me but never happened in the original... It's really difficult to understand how she survive and happear 5 minutes later to throw the rocket at leon...

There are two possibilities
1: there were some sort of pools under the bridge, and ada fall into thrn
2: she already have the grapple and use it to reach a safe place while falling, but this will contadict the umbrella chronicles in Which ada receive the grapple from wesker...

In the end re 2 remake story is a mess and there are little things that make sense, they should have kept ada original death from re 2 Canon scenario...

But nevertheless I don't know why but I still like this game

Last edited by a moderator:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah it's the same for me but never happened in the original... It's really difficult to understand how she survive and happear 5 minutes later to throw the rocket at leon...

There are two possibilities
1: there were some sort of pools under the bridge, and ada fall into thrn
2: she already have the grapple and use it to reach a safe place while falling, but this will contadict the umbrella chronicles in Which ada receive the grapple from wesker...

In the end re 2 remake story is a mess and there are little things that make sense, they should have kept ada original death from re 2 Canon scenario...

But nevertheless I don't know why but I still like this game
I don't like how much sense this all made, and how much I agree with it XD

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't like how much sense this all made, and how much I agree with it XD
Yeah XD damn, more I play it more I get angry about all the missing things and the nonsensical plot, but at the same time more I play it more I love it... I don't know how this is possible XD
Did you ever try to play the original and remake back to back? I did it and if you see the two game as a whole, it look amazing

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah XD damn, more I play it more I get angry about all the missing things and the nonsensical plot, but at the same time more I play it more I love it... I don't know how this is possible XD
Did you ever try to play the original and remake back to back? I did it and if you see the two game as a whole, it look amazing
Sort of? I played the original a couple months ago...And once I beat it I wanted MORE, so I put on the new one. But...that wasn't my intention. I just hadn't gotten my fix XD

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm SO hoping...RE3 is my favorite of the originals. So...I'm vastly worried
From the trailer it looks great and also very different from re 2, my biggest fear is that it was going to be to similar from re 2 since it was announced so near re 2 remake release, but this isn't the case...

but let's wait for the final game, trailer are always amazing

mert20004

I'm not sure if ı'm alone in this but does anyone else think jake's whistling at the start of his campaign sounds similar to the music box theme in recv?

Also these 2 theme sounds similar; give them a shot and see if you can agree:

mert20004

Ya know...I was replaying it last night...and Ada's "death" in REmake2 makes it far less believable that she survives than her original "death" in RE2
I agree; the og was better and ı love how dramatic ada's " death " is in og re2. I've got more disappointed with re2 remake as well after replays; still love the game though.

Also dont you find it funny that ada's theme from re2 comes back in re6 but NOT in re2 remake even if you switch soundtrack? Not to mention the campaigns in re6 connect to each other storywise while in re2 remake, they dont.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
@mert20004 Yes, the similarity is definitely there and it's quite strong too. Not sure why the composer decided to give this musical cue to Jake Muller whom has no relation to the events of Code Veronica at all. Giving it to Chris would've been more fitting.

mert20004

So ı had a theory about g-virus and ı want to post it here as well.

Here we go:

This is somewhat a theory of mine but after replaying re2, darkside chronicles, re6 and re2 remake multiple times as well as reading files and other supplemental material related to these games; ı think it's possible for the g-virus to have more infection range similar to t-virus and c-virus if some genious crazy scientist manages to modify it in a way so that it becomes a gas strain. Of course this would never really happen in a future re game since g-virus is kinda outdated in black market due to c-virus that's continously mutating which is implied to make c-vaccine obselete in the files.

But regardless; ı'll explain:

You see; other than g mutants like birkin and curtis, g-virus can create g zombies if injected into corpses; one of the files in re6 even talks about this. These monsters were supposed to appear in darkside chronicles but they were cut.

This applies to c-virus as well since it contains g-virus; if any c strain would be injected into a corpse; it would become a c zombie that you fight in leon's and ada's campaigns. In leon's chapter 2 and 3 as well as ada's chapter 2; some of the nude zombies you fight are actually created that way by simmons' men. You even came across some dead corpses in leon's chapter 3 which are test subjects that became zombies who died by simmons' men. So c gas isnt the only way to create those zombies in re6. Though the gas' differences compared to injection into a corpse is gas can turn people who arent dead into zombies unlike injection that can only turn a corpse into zombie.

So going with this info; ı think this special gas g-virus strain can behave similar to the gas in re6 and turn people as well corpses into g zombies.

mert20004

Am ı the only one who find the " Redfield bloodline " meme completely stupid and obnoxious? I dont really see what's so funny about it tbh; it makes characters look like idiots instead.

Oh and the voice acting for the videos related to that meme is awful.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
There is a guy at my gun club who looks almost exactly like Robert Kendo from the RE2 remake. The only real difference is the beard - "my" Robert doesn't have one. But other than that, same face, same hair, same physique, he even has a chequered yellow shirt that he wears every other week. After staring at him for the longest time (not having played RE2 in a while), wondering why he looked so familiar, it finally dawned on me when Steam added that new achievement for finding Jill's letter at Kendo's shop.

I saw him again today, and it's fascinating - almost like he was the face model for Kendo, but they didn't just take his face, but his entire style! Now I can't help thinking of RE every time I look at him.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
There is a guy at my gun club who looks almost exactly like Robert Kendo from the RE2 remake. The only real difference is the beard - "my" Robert doesn't have one. But other than that, same face, same hair, same physique, he even has a chequered yellow shirt that he wears every other week. After staring at him for the longest time (not having played RE2 in a while), wondering why he looked so familiar, it finally dawned on me when Steam added that new achievement for finding Jill's letter at Kendo's shop.

I saw him again today, and it's fascinating - almost like he was the face model for Kendo, but they didn't just take his face, but his entire style! Now I can't help thinking of RE every time I look at him.

Ask him if he played Resi Evil 2!

Top Bottom