• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

mjk321

Ironically I am currently replaying RE5 with one of my best friends atm.

A stasis pod can very well turn someone pale, however there is no logic for that to turn someone's hair to a different color.

well, if someone turned pale it could be the result of losing some melanin, which gives the skin and hair its color. so if her hair has also lost that melanin, it could result into turning blonde.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I always assumed the poster woman was Svetlana Belikova, because the Russian radio broadcast that Claire can listen to in the same room mentions her, and the woman also looks more like Svetlana than Alex. And wasn't the president a dirty blonde anyway? Dirty blond hair can easily look brown in any not so well-lit environments.

HEY!!! I like Ashley! :mad:

Also I can promise you that it's Alex Wesker. Look at how her hair goes down, that is Alex's hair style. It's also her face and keep in mind these posters were part of her propaganda in the early 2000's. It was Alex's intentions to manipulate everyone to trust her so she could have control of the island and trick them into their demise and experimentation. Believe it or not Alex is genocidal and she even mentioned a few lines on how she killed others for her pleasure to inflict pain and despair. She even had a special graveyard for some people. Here info on her posters: http://residentevil.wikia.com/Monument

Also Svetlana Belikova had a different hair style and she was the president of the Eastern Slav Republic. Alex took over a remote and isolated island that lived off the radar. That was one of the reason her secrets were so well kept. Plus any liabilities were dealt with quickly and many of her researchers committed suicide to protect her secrets. They would have been subjected by a far worse fate if they didn't anyways.

Also isn't the island closer to Russia and not the Easter Slav Republic? There is no doubt in my mind that was Alex. The documents in the game clearly states what she did to take control and her propaganda. A lot of the inhabitants village letters went into this. Everything the poster stood for was what Alex did to gain there trust.

The English translation of the poster is:

* Devotion
* Labor
* Unity
Rich Island

These are the things Alex did to give the inhabitants a richer standard of living and made them love her. She was oppressing them. She was their god and she was their messiah.

Have you ever watched the TV show "V"? The leader of the V's did exactly this so they could have control and take that power back which results in depowering everyone to the point there is no ability to resist.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
well, if someone turned pale it could be the result of losing some melanin, which gives the skin and hair its color. so if her hair has also lost that melanin, it could result into turning blonde.

Would that not result in platinum blonde hair? Jill's hair was more yellowish blonde in the vain of both Albert and Alex. That's another reason why I think it has to do with a result of experimentation in some way.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
They are not twins nor are they blood related. I believe it was stated somewhere that the Wesker children are of different nationalities. Albert is American, we know this for a fact. We don't know Alex's nationality but there are hints that she could be Russian or German, but Alex is still a character surrounded with mysteries and there is still very little known about her. They are indeed both survivors of the prototype virus and they both come from parents who had superior intellect. They do not talk similar at all imo. Alex is very clever with her words and far more scary and intimidating and she is very poetic and has to be theatrical to boost her ego. Albert Wesker is more straight forward and likes to talk and talk and talk a lot of bull**** to boost his ego and insult all the plebs (Alex does this last part even better imho). They didn't be come friends or close until sometime after Alex found out Albert was still alive and they conspired together to kill Spencer. She may have told him of his origins as she was overseeing Project W. in the 90's. Alex saw Albert as a brother and cared for him more than he did for her as he was likely jealous of her. Refer to Metamorphosis by Kafka for this, She is Greta and he was Gregor.

Most importantly they do NOT look at all alike. They have different facial structure and incredibly different builds. Also Albert was always known to be a blondie. Alex on the other hand was proven in Revelations 2 to have brown or a darker hair color sometime after 2000 but before 2005 if I recall correctly (see below). She gets **** done fast 0.0 The T-Phobo's virus may have caused her hair color to change. We don't know for sure. I cannot see in any way how they may be blood related. Their genetics, voice, and potential nationality to not line up.

That's your opinion, the way you see it. I see it in a different way. It's not like I'm saying it's for sure, just what I think.
Not all of the Wesker children had to have different nationalities, it's unlikely that there was only one from each country, there were thousands of them originally. The first names of them weren't changed, and most of the names were English/German. The tone of their voices was kind of similar, not what they said, and I'm not saying they look exactly alike, not all twins do. They look similar in a way, though I can't really pinpoint what it is. The hair colour doesn't really matter, nobody in my family has the same exact hair colour. I'm blonde, my sister has red hair, my mom has brown hair, etc. Albert and Alex seemed to have the same nationality, they had the same/similar accent, depending on what Albert you're thinking of.
I do see where you're coming from, though, in some ways.

mjk321

Would that not result in platinum blonde hair? Jill's hair was more yellowish blonde in the vain of both Albert and Alex. That's another reason why I think it has to do with a result of experimentation in some way.
after some research, there's 2 kinds of melanin in hair: eumelanin and phaeomelanin. those with 100% eumelanin are like the Japanese, jet black hair, and those with 100% phaeomelanin are like the Irish red hair. being blonde have more eumelanin than the other one. so, the pod or the experiment made some changes on the amounts of the melanins to give that color.
source: http://www.hair-science.com/_int/_en/topic/topic_sousrub.aspx?tc=root-hair-science^amazingly-natural^color-palette&cur=color-palette

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Has anyone else noticed that blondes are (almost) always evil in this series? I think I even made a thread about it once. The Weskers, the Birkins, the Ashfords, Svetlana Belikova, Monster Rachael, Nicholai... Ashley is not evil, but many players consider her so dumb and annoying that they want to kill her anyway, and Jill turned blonde before we had to fight her - coincidence? Makes me think Capcom decided to turn Elza Walker into Claire because they couldn't imagine a blonde heroine...
Because haircolors have a meaning in Japanese Media. Somone with blonde hair is usually a troublemaker, rebellious or even evil. But it can also mean romantic, naive and happy and other things

Airaku

Stray Jedi
That's your opinion, the way you see it. I see it in a different way. It's not like I'm saying it's for sure, just what I think.
Not all of the Wesker children had to have different nationalities, it's unlikely that there was only one from each country, there were thousands of them originally. The first names of them weren't changed, and most of the names were English/German. The tone of their voices was kind of similar, not what they said, and I'm not saying they look exactly alike, not all twins do. They look similar in a way, though I can't really pinpoint what it is. The hair colour doesn't really matter, nobody in my family has the same exact hair colour. I'm blonde, my sister has red hair, my mom has brown hair, etc. Albert and Alex seemed to have the same nationality, they had the same/similar accent, depending on what Albert you're thinking of.
I do see where you're coming from, though, in some ways.

Don't get me wrong. I respect your opinion and everyone on here. Even if I disagree on the matter. I thought it was actually established that none of the Wesker children were blood related in any way. However if they were blood related then.... why were they not acquainted nor really cared for each other until after Albert died in the first game?

It is possible that Alex faked the documents but if she didn't.... this doesn't sound like someone who really cared about Albert http://residentevil.wikia.com/Report_on_Project_W_-_August_28,_1998

Also I don't think it was mentioned that they really associated before then either. It was after he got powers and showed more potential that she became impressed with him. I suppose this is only in theory and not proven. What was an established fact in the game was she is smarter, better, and showed more potential than Albert. At least according to Oswald and from what I've seen personally. I keep saying it but she may very well become a god in some shape or form. We'll see XD

I also am curious on another note. What do you think of this? Yes I am well aware that the romantic feelings was BS and some fans fabricated it -_- Even reading up on Metamorphosis will explain that. Also Alex saw herself above Albert >.> She may have been ill but she made some bold promises XD

Q8) When was the painting with Albert and Alex drawn and how did they know each other? Alex seems to have romantic feelings for him, as well as viewing him as a brother and an equal, an oddly close relationship that parallels Gregor/Grete in Kafka's The Metamorphosis, as well as Jupiter/Juno in Greek mythology.
Albert and Alex are two of the Wesker Children, who studied under Spencer, and it's possible that this was painted at that time. They were the two "chosen" ones, and existed as rivals meant to give each other even higher standards. As such, Alex does think of Albert as a brother, and it seems that she very specifically related Gregor and Greta to Albert and herself.

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Yasuhiro-Anpo-Interview-Project-Umbrella

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Because haircolors have a meaning in Japanese Media. Somone with blonde hair is usually a troublemaker, rebellious or even evil. But it can also mean romantic, naive and happy and other things

I did not know this! Thank you for bringing this up. I can see how both Wesker's fit the dark side of the meaning and both Sherry and Ashley totally fit the lighter side of the meaning. I can totally see this now! ^.^

after some research, there's 2 kinds of melanin in hair: eumelanin and phaeomelanin. those with 100% eumelanin are like the Japanese, jet black hair, and those with 100% phaeomelanin are like the Irish red hair. being blonde have more eumelanin than the other one. so, the pod or the experiment made some changes on the amounts of the melanins to give that color.
source: http://www.hair-science.com/_int/_e...ingly-natural^color-palette&cur=color-palette

This is very interesting. You may very well be right but I've never seen hair change from stasis pods in any sci-fi before. Just saying, I know that doesn't mean anything at all. It's just... I really noticed that almost everyone in the series that underwent experimentation or exposer to the T-Virus (variant of the progenitor) and adapted/bonded with it has gone blonde. That is just something I've noticed in my experiences.

James Marcus is the only one I can think of that didn't. His case is a little different with the queen leech thing going on and he was pretty much a different person with the memories of Marcus. He still got what he wanted as Umbrella fell in the end. William Birkin was screwed upon injection so there is nothing that can be said here. Carla can't really count because she was engineered as a clone.

Hmmmm now my head is going in circles and I'm stumped :/

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I did not know this! Thank you for bringing this up. I can see how both Wesker's fit the dark side of the meaning and both Sherry and Ashley totally fit the lighter side of the meaning. I can totally see this now! ^.^
You're welcome Airaku ;) I study Japanology and it's my job to know the Japanese culture in and out, even the pop culture ;)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
so, what you're saying is........villains use hair dye, and the lighter the shade, the evil-er?

They're not dyeing anything, they're just blond and evil by nature.
Speaking of dyeing, though, I hope Jill will dye her hair. Blonde Jill is just... weird...

HEY!!! I like Ashley! :mad:

So do I, but many other fans don't... which is sad, because I think her behaviour in that situation is totally appropriate for a girl barely out of her teens with no combat experience whatsoever who must have been looked after by butlers and other servants since the day of her birth. And I don't mind her AI either, she actually helped me more than once during my one and only playthrough of RE4.

The English translation of the poster is:

* Devotion
* Labor
* Unity
Rich Island

Well, if that's what the posters says, then the woman must really be Alex.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a DLC telling the story of her gaining control over the island and conducting her experiments? I would love that. But it seems very unlikely...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Don't get me wrong. I respect your opinion and everyone on here. Even if I disagree on the matter. I thought it was actually established that none of the Wesker children were blood related in any way. However if they were blood related then.... why were they not acquainted nor really cared for each other until after Albert died in the first game?

It is possible that Alex faked the documents but if she didn't.... this doesn't sound like someone who really cared about Albert http://residentevil.wikia.com/Report_on_Project_W_-_August_28,_1998

Also I don't think it was mentioned that they really associated before then either. It was after he got powers and showed more potential that she became impressed with him. I suppose this is only in theory and not proven. What was an established fact in the game was she is smarter, better, and showed more potential than Albert. At least according to Oswald and from what I've seen personally. I keep saying it but she may very well become a god in some shape or form. We'll see XD

I also am curious on another note. What do you think of this? Yes I am well aware that the romantic feelings was BS and some fans fabricated it -_- Even reading up on Metamorphosis will explain that. Also Alex saw herself above Albert >.> She may have been ill but she made some bold promises XD

Q8) When was the painting with Albert and Alex drawn and how did they know each other? Alex seems to have romantic feelings for him, as well as viewing him as a brother and an equal, an oddly close relationship that parallels Gregor/Grete in Kafka's The Metamorphosis, as well as Jupiter/Juno in Greek mythology.
Albert and Alex are two of the Wesker Children, who studied under Spencer, and it's possible that this was painted at that time. They were the two "chosen" ones, and existed as rivals meant to give each other even higher standards. As such, Alex does think of Albert as a brother, and it seems that she very specifically related Gregor and Greta to Albert and herself.

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Yasuhiro-Anpo-Interview-Project-Umbrella

Maybe because they were separated when they were really young? I don't know, really this is just a fan theory, I could be totally wrong to Capcom but they haven't actually confirmed it so it's just what I'll stick to. :p Maybe she didn't know yet, or just wanted to be professional about it. Nothing's proven yet, so we could somehow both be wrong.
I think it's kind of weird with all those romantic theories. Even if they weren't blood-related, they were still siblings in a way.
I love how Alex and Albert were so alike yet so different. Alex was more god-like, Albert, like Chris said in RE5, was more of a comic book villain. Alex totally was above Albert in my eyes.
But anyway, I'm not really sure on all of it, there are so many possibilities, and it all depends on the way you look at it.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
They're not dyeing anything, they're just blond and evil by nature.
Speaking of dyeing, though, I hope Jill will dye her hair. Blonde Jill is just... weird...

So do I, but many other fans don't... which is sad, because I think her behaviour in that situation is totally appropriate for a girl barely out of her teens with no combat experience whatsoever who must have been looked after by butlers and other servants since the day of her birth. And I don't mind her AI either, she actually helped me more than once during my one and only playthrough of RE4.

Well, if that's what the posters says, then the woman must really be Alex.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a DLC telling the story of her gaining control over the island and conducting her experiments? I would love that. But it seems very unlikely...

Who knows about Jill's hair. I still think that it'll go back to normal once all the effects wear off. Her mental state of mind however, will be changed. Especially since she was fully conscious during everything and she could not control any of her actions. That is just my theory though.

Yeah I can't see it being any other person other than Alex. I just can't, not unless I can find a shed of evidence that states otherwise. Which I have yet to do. That being said I feel the need to say that Alex Wesker is one of, if not my all time favorite Resident Evil character. Wow that would mean one of my all time favorite characters and probably my favorite video game villain. Well one of (if not number 1) :p

I would love to have DLC on this but I don't think we will. I don't think there are any plans for DLC for this game and if I recall correctly Capcom has only done story DLC once and that was with RE5. They are more focused on Raid mode.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Maybe because they were separated when they were really young? I don't know, really this is just a headcanon, I could be totally wrong to Capcom but they haven't actually confirmed it so it's just what I'll stick to. :p Maybe she didn't know yet, or just wanted to be professional about it. Nothing's proven yet, so we could somehow both be wrong.
I think it's kind of weird with all those romantic theories. Even if they weren't blood-related, they were still siblings in a way.
I love how Alex and Albert were so alike yet so different. Alex was more god-like, Albert, like Chris said in RE5, was more of a comic book villain. Alex totally was above Albert in my eyes.
But anyway, I'm not really sure on all of it, there are so many possibilities, and it all depends on the way you look at it.

I totally agree with you. We have little information on Alex and she is shrouded with mystery. Yes she is in my opinion one of the best written characters in the whole series. I've been a long time fan and Revelations 2 is probably my favorite game in the series. At least one of, but for the story it is. I'm currently replying RE5 with a friend and will be doing RE6 and Rev 2 (already beat it twice XD) and if I find anything that states it then I will be sure to screenshot it. We very well may both be wrong or right in some way. Who knows, but I was and am under the impression that none of the 13 Wesker children are blood related. Again, that's my opinion from the information I have found and how I perceived it.

Yeah it's weird. Some people are really into that idea. I think it's gross and blood related or not, they are siblings and it is established that Alex looks at Albert as a brother. I guess some people are really into that "kinky" (gross) incest stuff because Game of Thrones made it cool or something? XD Just no.... just no...

Yeah Alex and Albert are polar opposites of each other. I believe there was a dev interview that actually confirmed this. I don't have that one on hand at the moment and I'm sick of researching links all night. Haha wow 5 hours flew by fast, so please forgive me XD I think Alex is above Albert and apparently Umbrella did too XD She actually took the idea of being a "god" more seriously than he did. He wanted evolution to be his path to godhood and never even explained how he would become a god XD Alex at least has an idea and the means.

Though I see Albert less of a comic book villain but more of a villain who was self-mislead due to his tragedies. Deep down inside Albert had some humanity that he wouldn't let out and may have been trying to come out. Albert was a sociopath by definition. Alex on the other hand is a complete monster and feeds off of peoples fear and pain like a vampire.

Albert Wesker was always portrayed as a human even after he used Uroboros. Alex on the other hand was portrayed as a monster from the first moment we see her on screen. She is literally a monster and I think Capcom was trying to make a point of that. She is referred to as "The Devil Herself" in the game files and easily the most "Pure Evil" villain in the game. "And the world will become very afraid" - Alex Wesker

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I wanted to add, while it does say in a file Alex and Albert weren't blood-related, I just thought it would make sense if they were, that file could have been written without full knowledge. But I don't actually completely think they were related, just a theory and that it would make sense. But I do know they're officially un-related. I know I said I was convinced, but I'm not fully. I was half asleep when I wrote the last few posts.

ArabianLuffy

Legend
Premium
I'm thinking that all Resident Evil fans must give a shout to Audible Amazon.

"We want S.D. Perry Resident Evil Audio Book"

Top Bottom